Thread stand

Narda Poulin

I just learned something from you today I am a Canadian from Ontario and I am 73 and have lived here all my life and did not know that Saskatchewan did not change their time 2 times a year like we do ...goes to show you you are never too old to learn something new. Merry christmas to you and your family

On Dec 24, 2018, at 8:46 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Hmm! I guess we Canadians need to do something to keep warm on our VERY SHORT winter days and LONG nights, besides cuddle! It is 9:15 am was sunrise and it will set at 4:58 tonight - aren’t we lucky. We’ll make up for that in the 6 months when the opposite happens. Imagine in my working days, that I left the house in the pitch dark and returned home at the end of the day in the dark as well - and we are on Daylight Savings Time ALL year long - we never turn our clocks backwards or forwards anymore for well over 40 years now.

I’m not going to send a picture of the thread stand attached - my sewing room is a MESS, big time. When you receive yours, you’ll know what I’m talking about. You almost need the 3D effect which a photo just doesn’t do justice to. I loosen the 2 screws on the back of the machine - below where the handle rests. I haven’t had one fall out yet and I haven’t taken one out completely either - they must really be long as they aren’t even shaking in their boots once loosened. I am careful though “just in case”. I do sometimes tighten the screws slightly as I need to use a few “sewing words”, if I pull the telescope part up and the whole stand ends up in my hands or falling from my hands, making noise, or worse still a mess or breaking something behind my machine. I don’t tighten to much as then I have to undo to much when I want to remove the stand.

Travel safely in the holidays. A Blessed Christmas to all. Enjoy your turkey dinner or whatever, your tradition. I’ll be turkey’d out by boxing day and craving it on the 27th - and my kids will have all the turkey at their house as they are cooking this year. I’m told that tonights dinner will be cooked by our 13 year old grandson and 11 year old granddaughter. The 13 year old granddaughter, and cousin of the young chef’s informed me that we are having HAMBURGERS tonight - she almost seemed discussed by that thought - isn’t it interesting how children perceive things and give us a different perspective on life. I’ve found it also exciting to see how my 13 grandchildren are growing up and starting to make their mark on the world. We have pianists, a teacher, Scottish Dancers, Baton Twirlers, hockey and ringette players, baseball, and fastball players, Scouts, a saxophone, clarinet and trumpet player, guitar wanna be’s and I can’t forget our Masters Trombone son in law in that mix or and the singers too - quite a mix don’t you think. Grandpa is an old trapper and he’s out today to check his snares and traps to make sure no fur goes to waste.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Cheryl Paul

[...]

HEATHER COWAN

I also screwed the screws into the back of the machine till they are secure but not tight and then I hang the thread stand on them. I did the same thing with my 9900 .... hmm.... maybe it is a Canadian thing .... See a hole .... screw something into it and hang something on it .....
Hugs Heather
In BC

On Dec 23, 2018, at 17:48, Terry Carter <some1buddy@gmail.com> wrote:

I have one from a previous machine and I use it with my 15000 all the time.
It is easily hung from the handle of the machine so just as easily removed for transport,

Terry in Alberta.

On Dec 23, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Gail,

The thread stand for the 12000/15000 is a screw on type, however, it is made in such a away that you can hang it on the handle and just not bother to screw it on. What I do with mine is open the screws and hang mine on to the screws and sometimes I just don’t bother to tighten those screws, so it still comes off easily, IF I want to take it off to go to a class. My sewing tech almost had “heart failure” when he saw what I was doing as he thought I’d “lose a screw” - we both know that I was short that “screw” already.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Terry Carter

[...]

sometimes I think I have more than a screw loose lol

On Dec 23, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Gail,

The thread stand for the 12000/15000 is a screw on type, however, it is made in such a away that you can hang it on the handle and just not bother to screw it on. What I do with mine is open the screws and hang mine on to the screws and sometimes I just don’t bother to tighten those screws, so it still comes off easily, IF I want to take it off to go to a class. My sewing tech almost had “heart failure” when he saw what I was doing as he thought I’d “lose a screw” - we both know that I was short that “screw” already.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Gail

Cheryl,
I have ordered the stand and I want to hang it on the handle.  Could you send a picture of how you do this?

Cheryl Paul

Gail,

The thread stand for the 12000/15000 is a screw on type, however, it is made in such a away that you can hang it on the handle and just not bother to screw it on. What I do with mine is open the screws and hang mine on to the screws and sometimes I just don’t bother to tighten those screws, so it still comes off easily, IF I want to take it off to go to a class. My sewing tech almost had “heart failure” when he saw what I was doing as he thought I’d “lose a screw” - we both know that I was short that “screw” already.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Carolyn Gazerro

I use it on my 15000!

Carole Schneider

I have one that looks identical. Had it for my 11,000 and now have it attached to my 500e. I use it a lot. Mostly when using thread cones. Maybe it doesn’t fit as well for the15,000???

Sent from my iPadt

Theresa Lindal

I have a 15000 and use my Martha Pullen thread stand and turn it so it is vertical to my machine on the right side.  A little awkward but it works for me, didn’t want to buy a new one.

Carolyn Gazerro

Pat

Gail,

I have that stand (it’s here, barely used, and I have its box),and would love to sell it.  In looking at the picture of the back of the box, the only part I do not have is small the thread guide.  Otherwise, the box contents are complete.  If I recall, I did one embroidery project with it.
I also have the Circular Sewing Attachment for the 15000, and would love to sell it, too.  It has never been used.  I did attached it to my 15000 once, so it is the correct one for the 15000, but I never used it.
Grand plans for both, zero follow through on my part. 😩.
The photo shows the back of the spool stand box.  Both are real Janome items.
If you (or anyone else)  have an interest in acquiring, I can be reached via email at Pibby357@....
BTW, I am in Reno, NV.

Pat

image1.jpeg

On Dec 21, 2018, at 3:13 PM, Gail via Groups.Io <gail_menard@...> wrote:

I think I recently saw a thread stand for the 15000 that didn't screw into the back of the machine, but hooked to the handle of something.  Is this available or did I image it.  If so, what is the part number?

Thanks
Gail in FL

Jim Stutsman

Perhaps it was this one: http://a.co/d/8tEXjQH

Note - not endorsing this dealer, just using it for the photo. Buy from your local dealer whenever possible!

Gail