Digitizer V5

hesterj19@att.net <hesterj19@...>

Hi Jim--  I am not able to see thumbnails of my designs when I'm using V5--I just see a blue rectangle.  I've read the online manual and followed all the directions to make the designs appear but it doesn't work.  I know you are not a PC fan, but would you have any suggestions to help me correct the problem?  I've googled it and looked on the Janome site but nothing I do works.  I deleted Embird from my computer because I read that could cause a conflict.  My computer is Windows 10--and the design pics used to show up but I'm sure it was after some Windows update that the problem started,,,,,,no idea which one, though.  Thanks so much for all you do for the group.

Ann

Jim Stutsman

The problem with design icons is one that comes up over and over. Windows is built on the premise that there is one, and ONLY one, program to open files of any particular type. The icon assigned to that type of file gets set when the program, in this case MBX V5, gets installed. There are other programs that can be installed to manage the icon display, such as Embird's Iconizer, but if another program is installed after those, the icon feature is lost. I don't believe that MBX V5 itself will handle the icon display, though I don't really use it that often. You probably need another program to handle that. Perhaps someone on this list can make some recommendations.

hesterj19@att.net <hesterj19@...>

Thanks Jim-- V5 has an online manual that gives pretty specific directions on how to make the thumbnails show, and I've followed them but the thumbnails still don't show.  For several years I've had Embird loaded along with Digitizer and it all worked fine, till it didn't. I uninstalled Embird in hopes that would fix the problem, but it didn't.  Now I'm wondering if my Buzz Tools upgrade is what messed up everything.  Maybe someone on the list has had the same problem and can share how they fixed it......Thank you again for replying to my plea for help!

Cheryl Alm

I have the problem with the icons as welll and have no other programs installed believe this started with one of the Windows updates in late summer.  Very frustrating.  Keep hoping there will be an update for V 5 to address this issue.

On Dec 13, 2018, at 5:12 PM, "hesterj19@..." <hesterj19@...> wrote:

Thanks Jim-- V5 has an online manual that gives pretty specific directions on how to make the thumbnails show, and I've followed them but the thumbnails still don't show.  For several years I've had Embird loaded along with Digitizer and it all worked fine, till it didn't. I uninstalled Embird in hopes that would fix the problem, but it didn't.  Now I'm wondering if my Buzz Tools upgrade is what messed up everything.  Maybe someone on the list has had the same problem and can share how they fixed it......Thank you again for replying to my plea for help!

juliadlf.ny@...

If you haven't figured out the issue, maybe try contacting Janome in N.J. for technical assistance. I've used them and they are very helpful.Not sure if  Terry is still there but worth
contacting them either by phone or email.
image001.png

Caroline Wright

Thank you.  I will contact them.  My dealer called me back and said they were told the update had not been released yet and they would let me know when it was.  Has anyone on here been able to get it and if so can it be shared or is it specific to only one machine?

On Dec 14, 2018, at 1:39 PM, juliadlf.ny@... wrote:

If you haven't figured out the issue, maybe try contacting Janome in N.J. for technical assistance. I've used them and they are very helpful.Not sure if  Terry is still there but worth
contacting them either by phone or email.
<dummyfile.0.part>

favymtz

Jim, V5 will handle the icons, BUT you’re correct that what happened is the most recent software installed that also had that ability to show icons broke the MBX ability. It happened to me too when I ran a trial of Sewiconz.
The only fix is to notify JAI support and they can work with you and even possibly call in Wilcom to assist. Some changes to the Run and Command functions of your computer need to be reset.
At one time I uploaded the instructions to the old 12 and 15000 Yahoo! Group, but they didn’t get saved when the group moved over to.io online sewing, and unfortunately I can’t find my file either.
I’d love to be able to help, sorry!
Favymtz