Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 10:35 AM
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] One-question Poll

What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Patricia Ward

Sewing== old Metrosene Plus ( made in Germany not China!)  but now replacing with Superior's Bottom Line

Embroidery== Isacord

Pat in MD

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:35 AM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Wilma Al-uqdah

Sewing - Aurifil is the best for me

Embroidery - Robison Anton

Wilma in H-town

On Friday, October 26, 2018, 9:48 AM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

Sewing== old Metrosene Plus ( made in Germany not China!)  but now replacing with Superior's Bottom Line

Embroidery== Isacord

Pat in MD

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:35 AM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Sewhat

I like all thread.  I use different thread for different projects.  Like r.a. Rayon for fsl. Mettler silk finish cotton for thread art, sulky too.  All kinds of embroidery thread.  I love YLI for thread art couching and serging.  I was taught to use Gutterman for quilting and piecing still use it.  Coats and clark for repairs and sometimes hemming.  I use a range of poly for embroidery.  I love variegated thread.  I use it all, - isocord sulky mettler,  floriani metro pro, - all of superior threads thread , simthread embroidered nicely,  connecting thread essential, Madeira regular and supertwist. Aurifull too.  So my answer is i like all thread.  Sorry not helpful.  Lately it is R.A.

Donna Strode

On Oct 26, 2018, at 10:47 AM, William D Lawson <lawsonfox@...> wrote:

I like Aurifil for piecing because I think it has less lint.
I like Madera for embroidery because of the sheen and all the colors.
Are you going to post the results???
Thanks!

Gwen

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 10:35 AM

What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

m.drozdis

I love thread from BFC-Stash for embroidery.

On October 26, 2018 at 10:35 AM "onlinesewing via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Ginger Downs <stitchedinfaith@...>

Favorite thread is Maderia poly neon, embroidery

GINGER
WWW.STITCHEDINFAITH.COM

Custom embroidery and stock designs

On October 26, 2018 at 12:39 PM Wilma Al-uqdah <aluqdah@...> wrote:

Sewing - Aurifil is the best for me

Embroidery - Robison Anton

Wilma in H-town

On Friday, October 26, 2018, 9:48 AM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

Sewing== old Metrosene Plus ( made in Germany not China!)  but now replacing with Superior's Bottom Line

Embroidery== Isacord

Pat in MD

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:35 AM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing= icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Andrea LaVergne

Sewing—50wt. Cotton -DMC Broder machine—no lint
50wt Poly Mettler or Guterman from Germany, I wish Molnycke was still available!

Embroidery— Rayon -Madiera, Robison Anton
Poly - Robison Anton, Floriani/Fufu
Andrea

sandra.sproles

For embroidery, I use Mettler. Beautiful sheen and my machine loves it.

Sandra

J Fraker

I use polyester embroidery thread from ThreadArt. It sews perfectly on my 12000 and has a very nice sheen. Their prices are phenomenal.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018, 4:45 PM Ginger Downs <stitchedinfaith@...> wrote:

Favorite thread is Maderia poly neon, embroidery

GINGER
WWW.STITCHEDINFAITH.COM

Custom embroidery and stock designs

On October 26, 2018 at 12:39 PM Wilma Al-uqdah <aluqdah@...> wrote:

Sewing - Aurifil is the best for me

Embroidery - Robison Anton

Wilma in H-town

On Friday, October 26, 2018, 9:48 AM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

Sewing== old Metrosene Plus ( made in Germany not China!)  but now replacing with Superior's Bottom Line

Embroidery== Isacord

Pat in MD

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:35 AM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing= icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Zena Mayberry <zena.mayberry@...>

Embroidery = Hemingworth
Cotton fabric = Rasant

Judi Rutherford

Sewing/piecing I use Aurifil 50 WT

Machine embroidery Robison Anton

Ceil J

I mostly use Madeira for embroidery (because I have a lot of it) but like Robson-Anton too and have never had a problem with any brand I've tried.  Superior is wonderful too but seem very expensive.  I chose to purchase the full set of Madeira as I liked their storage system and that was important to me once I realized that my machine didn't seem to care which brand I used.
For sewing I've never had a problem with any thread either but like Aurifil best for piecing due to its strength and thinness.

sharynn

Robinson Anton for Embroidery.

On Oct 26, 2018, at 10:35 AM, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?

Dottie Newkirk

What's your favorite brand of thread for sewing and/or embroidery?
Recently I've been using (mostly) Superior thread for both sewing and embroidery.  Dottie in Texas

Ceil J

Jim,
Curious to know how Diane would answer this question.  :)  Also, ask her about bobbins.

Kathy

Robinson Anton for embroidery. Regular poly for sewing

Jim Stutsman

Back in 1987 when we first opened our store, our ENTIRE inventory consisted of a rack of Mettler Metrosene thread and 10 Janome sewing machines. She has preferred Metrosene for many years for ordinary sewing, though Superior Bottom Line and King Tut have been favorites for quilting. Embroidery is a mixed bag, as we have a wide variety of leftovers from the store. There is a full set of Madeira Rayon, MANY mini-cones of Robison-Anton polyester, a few random spools of Sulky (mostly multicolor), some Floriani 60wt Micro Poly, and some other random stuff. She uses Janome pre-wound bobbins for embroidery. For quilting Bottom Line is preferred, but we don't have any pre-wound bobbins for anything other than embroidery.

Sharon Simmons

I use Mettler metrosene, Superior and Aurifil for piecing.  For machine embroidery, I like Robison-Anton and Maderia.  For hand embroidery, I like Cosmo.  For hand applique, I use YLI silk. For wool applique, I use Valdani.  Sharon

Gail

I prefer Aurifil for piecing.  I have a lot of Madeira Rayon for embroidery, but would like to switch to Poly