From: onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Oct 21, 2018 10:17 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Digitizer MBX V5

What follows is OPINION, NOT FACT!
The software that Janome offers under the "Artistic" label is created by a competitor of Wilcom. They have been steadily building up that software, and the release of Artistic Digitizer seems to me to be a signal that they are moving away from Wilcom as a supplier. My guess is that Wilcom sensed this as well, which is why they created the Hatch product. It seems to me that Hatch is much more likely to be supported in the future, and that Janome will be leaning toward the Artistic products. This year's "big release" is Artistic Digitizer for PC and Mac, with no mention of a new version of MBX.

Virginia

Hatch is an excellent software however like many other software out there they sell their software in tiers.  Wilcom is the same creator of both Hatch and Janome software other than the Artistic software which cannot compare to either Hatch or MBX,  When Janome gives us an update or upgrade it adds features and corrections for some of our other issues we are having with our software.  MBX   Version 5 contains most all of Hatch and more.  The only thing we are lacking is the ability to create cut files with our software other than that for the price we paid we got a bargain.  Everything included.  Hatch again is like Embrilliance you pay separately for each tier(upgrade).   Just be patient Janome will come forware they will not leave their customers hanging.

I have been a Janome software and machine owner since 1996 and never have I felt that they leave their customers hanging.

Virginia