Digitizer MBX V5

saba_cat2

With Hatch recenting releasing their V2 upgrade with some new and exciting features, is it likely that Janome will be doing a similar upgrade to their MBX V5?  Hopefully Janome won't leave their customers lacking enhancements that other Wilcom products are getting.

Jim Stutsman

What follows is OPINION, NOT FACT!
The software that Janome offers under the "Artistic" label is created by a competitor of Wilcom. They have been steadily building up that software, and the release of Artistic Digitizer seems to me to be a signal that they are moving away from Wilcom as a supplier. My guess is that Wilcom sensed this as well, which is why they created the Hatch product. It seems to me that Hatch is much more likely to be supported in the future, and that Janome will be leaning toward the Artistic products. This year's "big release" is Artistic Digitizer for PC and Mac, with no mention of a new version of MBX.

Virginia

HMMM!  I heard from another reputable source that ver 5 will have an upgrade.  I guess we will see.  Artistic is no way a better software than MBX.  Wilcom is the best creator of software.

Virginia

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Oct 21, 2018 10:17 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Digitizer MBX V5

What follows is OPINION, NOT FACT!
The software that Janome offers under the "Artistic" label is created by a competitor of Wilcom. They have been steadily building up that software, and the release of Artistic Digitizer seems to me to be a signal that they are moving away from Wilcom as a supplier. My guess is that Wilcom sensed this as well, which is why they created the Hatch product. It seems to me that Hatch is much more likely to be supported in the future, and that Janome will be leaning toward the Artistic products. This year's "big release" is Artistic Digitizer for PC and Mac, with no mention of a new version of MBX.

Virginia

Hatch is an excellent software however like many other software out there they sell their software in tiers.  Wilcom is the same creator of both Hatch and Janome software other than the Artistic software which cannot compare to either Hatch or MBX,  When Janome gives us an update or upgrade it adds features and corrections for some of our other issues we are having with our software.  MBX   Version 5 contains most all of Hatch and more.  The only thing we are lacking is the ability to create cut files with our software other than that for the price we paid we got a bargain.  Everything included.  Hatch again is like Embrilliance you pay separately for each tier(upgrade).   Just be patient Janome will come forware they will not leave their customers hanging.

I have been a Janome software and machine owner since 1996 and never have I felt that they leave their customers hanging.  

Virginia 

-----Original Message-----
To: Maggies Group <digitisingdivas@groups.io>; 12000GRP <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>; jim@... <jim@...>
Sent: Sun, Oct 21, 2018 10:02 am
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Digitizer MBX V5

With Hatch recenting releasing their V2 upgrade with some new and exciting features, is it likely that Janome will be doing a similar upgrade to their MBX V5?  Hopefully Janome won't leave their customers lacking enhancements that other Wilcom products are getting.

Cheryl Paul

I read in another group that Janome has an upgrade of MBX V5.5 coming. It will not contain all the nice things in are in Hatch, but as I don’t have Hatch I’m don’t have a clue what these differences are. It was suggested in the post I read, that we should ask for the upgrade, as Janome America is really pushing Artistic Digitizer and I did get this impression with the last event I attended, when the Canadian Education person was really talking about Artistic, with no mention of MBX until asked about it. She did say that Janome was not getting rid of Digitizer MBX anytime soon, but only time will tell. If we want to keep it going we do need to purchase the upgrades and insist that our dealers order them for us, when they are made available. Supply and demand will be the tell factor - I hope.

My experience with the “Artistic” label of software that I do own is that it is NOT at all user friendly and a real pain in “you know where” to try to digitize anything. The results of making something are OK, but I still take them over to MBX to do things the designs and save, etc. This Artistic Digitizer will certainly attract folks with MAC computers, that aren’t willing to use Windows via a virtual machine program. That might be the death of a program that I personally really love and that is Digitizer - if that happens I guess I’ll move over to Hatch as Wilcom has certainly done a good job with their programs.

Cheryl - Saskatoon