From: "Carole Hollmann via Groups.Io" <macee55@...>
Date: 7/15/18 3:05 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Protecting Embroidery Surface of 15000

All -
When I purchased my 15000, I received a thin plastic film to put over the area to the left of the needle plate.  This was to protect the surface from the movement of the embroidery hoop.  I did not receive the same protection for the area to the right of the needle plate, and it is now showing a bit of wear.  Did anyone else receive a plastic film for this right-hand side?  If not, do you think a tablet screen protector film might work if cut to fit?  I don't want it to let go while embroidering and jam the machine.
Thanks!
Carole

juliadlf.ny@...

I had gotten extra thin plastic film from Janome when I had my 12000.
I was thinking the same thing about putting the film to the right of the needle for the QM 15000.
I think I'll inquire with my dealer and or Janome to see if it is possible to acquire a couple extra films.

Julia

raesd@...

When I got my 15k, I also received only the right side protector. I went to Dollar Tree and bought a pack of tablet screen protectors and put one on. No scratches now.

...rae...

Carole Hollmann

Rae —

I only got the protector for the smaller left side. You have confirmed what I thought—screen protector. I don’t even embroider all that much compared to the rest of you and the metal is getting a funny, worn appearance. I will get a screen protector today.

Thanks to those of you who responded.

Carole

Claire Schutz

I used the tablet protector film and it has heldup fine, Claire S.

On 7/15/2018 2:05 PM, Carole Hollmann via Groups.Io wrote:
All -
When I purchased my 15000, I received a thin plastic film to put over the area to the left of the needle plate.  This was to protect the surface from the movement of the embroidery hoop.  I did not receive the same protection for the area to the right of the needle plate, and it is now showing a bit of wear.  Did anyone else receive a plastic film for this right-hand side?  If not, do you think a tablet screen protector film might work if cut to fit?  I don't want it to let go while embroidering and jam the machine.
Thanks!
Carole

cas <cassweet@...>

It doesn’t come with a film for the right side.  I used Avery self laminating sheets like this:
https://www.avery.com/products/sheetprotectors/73601

Works great if you’re careful.  I had a few bubbles but used a tiny pin to pop them and a credit card to smooth out the whole works.  I’ve had the same one on there for almost 5 yrs. now.

Cas