Horizon link

Randi Kemper

I just moved my laptop down by my 15000. I haven’t used it in a long time and I have Horizon Link on my regular PC. It has been a long time since I installed it and can’t remember what I need or how to get it installed on my laptop. Is the installation downloadable? If so I can not remember. I looked on the Janome site but could not find it . Can I just copy the files on a usb and then use that to install it on my laptop? Need help please.

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Jim Stutsman

Edited

You cannot download or transfer Horizon Link Suite from another computer. It can only be installed from the CD that came with your machine. Then you'll need to download the update again and install it on the laptop.

Randi Kemper

I have had a move since I bought my 15000 and have no idea what I did with the cd. Is there a way to replace it? I will continue searching for it but I fear it may be gone.

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Jim Stutsman

It *might* be something a dealer could order for you. However you could also copy a CD, from your dealer or a friend, to a USB drive. That would work just as well. Keep in mind you will also want the 1.3 upgrade. Hopefully it's still on your desktop in the Downloads directory.

Randi Kemper

Yea! I found my cd. So I just load that up and go on line to Janome for the update?

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Jim Stutsman

Not quite. Yes, install from the CD. However the download link for the update is in the email that you received from Janome after updating your machine.

William D Lawson

Jim,
I'm thinking it would be a very good idea to save the update file that Janome sent me.  I looked in the download file but I really don't remember what the file name was for that.  Do you happen to know?  I would like to save it on a flash drive just in case I upgrade my computer.
Thanks,
Gwen

Jim Stutsman

The file name is Horizon Link Suite_v1.31.zip.

William D Lawson

Well I should have known that!!!  I didn't find it in my download files but I did find it in my trashcan.  Thank you for all of your help Jim.  I don't know what we would do if we didn't have you to answer all of our questions.  You are truly  life saver!!!!

Gwen

Randi Kemper

Wow thanks Jim. I went into my downloads and found it! You are amazing!

Randi Kemper
and the Cairn Terriers,Tessa and McIntosh
http://www.magicalmachineembroidery.net

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Randi Kemper

Ok I know after I got my 15000 update they sent me an email that I clicked on and it took me to a link so I could update. Guess I didn't save that link. Is there a way to get to it? I can't find it on the Janome site. I looked at the new updates on the instructions that came with the update from the dealer and it says to download the suite onto a usb drive and then install. I am confused.
--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I thought I read that Horizon Link could be installed on an iPad, but if it needs to be installed from a CD, how can that be?  O still haven’t linked it to my machine from my laptop because I forget to take the laptop into my sewing room.  Shame on me 🤭

Jim Stutsman

Horizon Link can only be installed on a Windows computer, which an iPad most definitely is not. On the iPad you have Janome apps AcuEdit, AcuMonitor, AcuDesign, AcuSetter, AcuSketch, and ScreenSaverTool. None of those can run on anything except an iPad, although AcuDesign can also be used on an iPhone.