Topics

15000 replacement

pfallert@...

Any news about a newer top of the line Janome?
Paul

onlinesewing@...

It's not a new top-of-line, but a new serger that threads with air. That probably means that either BabyLock's patent ran out, or Janome bought the right to use it. I doubt we'll see a 15000 replacement until 2020. If it was coming this year they wouldn't have done the Quilt Maker update.

Virginia

Juki has also got the rights for an air thread. It has been out for about 4 to 5 years. Waiting for a janome 5 thread hopefully some day with an air thread also.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/8/18 6:33 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] 15000 replacement

It's not a new top-of-line, but a new serger that threads with air. That probably means that either BabyLock's patent ran out, or Janome bought the right to use it. I doubt we'll see a 15000 replacement until 2020. If it was coming this year they wouldn't have done the Quilt Maker update.

Pam Davison

Janome has one coming out in a few weeks – its already on the Janome blog.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Virginia via Groups.Io <Fmjfrazier@...>
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2018 9:09:15 AM

Juki has also got the rights for an air thread. It has been out for about 4 to 5 years. Waiting for a janome 5 thread hopefully some day with an air thread also.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/8/18 6:33 PM (GMT-05:00)