15000 app

Mary Mills

hi Jim, I have an S9 and was wondering if the app would be suitable for this machine?  I have your Foot and ThreadBook apps, which I love and use frequently.  Regards Mary in Au

Jim Stutsman

Thanks for the plug Mary. I can’t really say whether the 15000 app would apply to the S9, but I rather doubt it. All of the video was shot on the 15000 and is pretty specific to the features of that machine. The S9 was well after the 15000. Diane’s sewing room is not very large, and it’s jam-packed with quilting tools, thread, fabric, and more. For a new machine to come in, an old one must go out. Now that she’s a full-time quilter I don’t think we’ll be doing any more video.

favymtz

Can I say, that I'm familiar with the S9 machine. And I think that many of the features between it and the 15000 are quite similar even though the tiles may be in different spots, they do much the same things. I think that the app would be helpful to an S9 owner given that the person can follow directions & think through what is being demonstrated.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

Mary Mills

Thanks Jim!  I did buy the book, didn’t study it completely but from what I saw the S9 has quite a few features of the 15000.  The main difference being the hoops sizes.  I like to see demonstrations as well have paper backup.  Know what Diane means about sizes of sewing rooms!  Mine is chockers!  Regards Mary

Mary Mills

I agree, the book would be no use to a beginner to sewing but for someone who’s familiar with different machines should be able to handle the difference.  Xx