Topics

15000

Wilma Al-uqdah

Jim,

My 15000 is constantly searching for a program while I am embroidering.  The icon pops up about every minute.  I thought is was the WiFi so I disconnected that. I have removed the embroidery unit and clean it. That did not solve the issue. I notice it is making a different sound while I am embroidering. The icondoes not appear in regular sewing mode.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wilma

onlinesewing@...

The machine does not use WiFi at all while embroidering. It's not searching for anything, it's trying to tell you something. Without knowing what the icon looks like, my best guess would be that the vibration of embroidery is possibly triggering the needle plate sensor. It may also be that the foot control connector is loose and it keeps seeing the foot control connect and disconnect. Either way, it's not something you can fix. Sensor problems require a technician to be hands-on.

Wilma Al-uqdah

Thanks Jim.  It is due for service in September.  I think I will take it in this week.  The icon I am referring to is the  equivalent to an hour glass on the computer.

Wilma

On Sunday, June 3, 2018, 3:08 PM, onlinesewing@... wrote:

The machine does not use WiFi at all while embroidering. It's not searching for anything, it's trying to tell you something. Without knowing what the icon looks like, my best guess would be that the vibration of embroidery is possibly triggering the needle plate sensor. It may also be that the foot control connector is loose and it keeps seeing the foot control connect and disconnect. Either way, it's not something you can fix. Sensor problems require a technician to be hands-on.

bluebellwrangler@...

Wilma, please let us know what your dealer says.  Mine is doing the same thing since the update.  Like a little spinning wheel intermittently on the screen. I’m so frustrated with this machine. It will be a couple weeks before I can get mine back in to the store for them to look.
Carol

Wilma Al-uqdah

Carol
I will let you know.  Funny thing, it stopped after I sent Jim the email.  :-)
Wilma

On Sunday, June 3, 2018, 10:35 PM, bluebellwrangler via Groups.Io <bluebellwrangler@...> wrote:

Wilma, please let us know what your dealer says.  Mine is doing the same thing since the update.  Like a little spinning wheel intermittently on the screen. I’m so frustrated with this machine. It will be a couple weeks before I can get mine back in to the store for them to look.
Carol

onlinesewing@...

While it's tempting to claim "healing by email", I won't. Carol's post to this thread clarified things a bit and allows me to speculate on what may be going on. Please bear in mind that I am GUESSING, this is NOT fact. When you are actively embroidering the machine checks the bobbin thread when START is pressed. Prior to the update, if the amount of thread left was not sufficient to stitch the current color it would issue a warning. This was pretty annoying if you were doing, say, a large lace design that would use more than one bobbin. You would get the warning, even on a full bobbin. Maybe the update changed this behavior. Perhaps it saves the amount of bobbin thread detected at the start of the design, but doesn't warn if it's low. Instead maybe it continuously updates the amount left by subtracting the amount used by each stitch. Periodically it may look ahead to calculate how much is required to finish the current color in order to stop and sense how much is actually left. When the machine is busy calculating it will put up the rotating dot pattern that is similar to the "waiting for network" pattern used on phones, computers, and tablets. You might mistake this for "Looking for WiFi", when it really is just calculating. If that's the case, while this is annoying, it's not a problem but a designed-in feature. Of course I can't be sure of this, because Janome never publishes a change list for software updates like most software publishers do.