From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 1:42:49 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] 12 wt thread discussion

Hi All,
I have been following this very interesting discussion on the Madeira Glamour 12 wt thread. I never tried it because I can't get Madeira products around here and usually don't use 12 wt thread.

Now here is something interesting to note:

Celine Ross who is a Janome educator in Canada did a FB live video last week on the built in sashiko designs on the CM 17. I do not have this machine but watched it anyway.  She showed samples of the built in stitches that she stitched up using different thread weights and that was very interesting.   She did one using a 12 st thread and did mention that for that thread she did use a needle with a larger eye.

I will say that the stitch out of the sashiko design using the 12 wt thread was much more stunning than the others.  So I guess the 12 st thread has its uses.

It is interesting to read the uses for this Madeira 12 st that have been suggested for the serger and hems as well as bobbin work.  I was thinking of the presentation yesterday by Celine using the acufeed feet and her taking thin braids and metallic braids and twisting them to make a decorative border which she stitched down with the acufeed foot.  I am wondering if you could perhaps take this 12 wt to twist it like left over right to make a braid to stitch down on a topstitch seamline or for decoration on a Christmas ornament.  Just some of my thoughts.. .it would be really thin but could be elegant if done in a series of rows maybe even in two different colors.

Just some of my rambling thoughts...

Pat in MD