12000 shank

suerevere@ymail.com

Okay, I admit this is a stupid question but I'm confused about what you'd consider the shank -- low or high? It was mentioned in a previous post and I couldn't find it.... sorry (redfaced).

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

All of Janome's embroidery machines are high shank (including the 12000) to allow for clearance over the hoop. So too are the 6600 and 7700 models with Acufeed. The snap-on foot holder for the 12000 is different from all others because of the need to attach 9mm feet. And this is not a stupid question, as it gets asked so often on every Janome list!