Topics

12000 embroidery arm vibrating

gbo4

I have been embroidering on my 12000 until a couple of hours ago when it failed to move to where the next color should begin.  I turned it off and then on again but it started shuttering / vibrating.  I've cleaned the arm as best I could but only found a  couple of 1-1.5 inch thread pieces.    I do have a 15000 which I use mostly for quilting, but does anyone have experience / result with this?  I suspect it may be the ribbon.
Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Georgia

Jim Stutsman

That condition happens when something prevents the arm from moving. It could be the ribbon, or there could be something caught in the drive mechanism. The 15000 carriage is the same as the 12000, so you could use that until you get it fixed.

gbo4

Jim, I appreciate your help so much.  I had thought about using the 15000 unit but didn't want to harm it.  I'll continue to clean the 12k arm but will use the 15k to complete the items.

Merry Christmas! And thank always being there for us,
Georgia