11000SE

Janet Wallis

Is it possible to buy customized for my 11000?

Jim Stutsman

The SE option was added late in the life of the 11000. It enabled the automatic cutting of jump stitches during embroidery. There were changes to both hardware and the machine software, using a kit that was sent to dealers. If you could find a dealer who still had the kit available, you *MIGHT* be able to get your machine updated. But given the age of the machine, I seriously doubt that any dealer could order the parts kit now.

Janet Wallis

Thanks, Jim.  Seems like when I had the one for 10000, I could see the designs that I downloaded but maybe my memory is wrong. Only way I’ve found to see my designs is to go out of that screen, open buzz tools. I know my machine is old and outdated but (so am I!) but I love it.

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 10:55 AM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
The SE option was added late in the life of the 11000. It enabled the automatic cutting of jump stitches during embroidery. There were changes to both hardware and the machine software, using a kit that was sent to dealers. If you could find a dealer who still had the kit available, you *MIGHT* be able to get your machine updated. But given the age of the machine, I seriously doubt that any dealer could order the parts kit now.

Cat - N

Jim is the absolute expert on this, IMHO, but from personal experience...having acquired an 11000 in very early 2015 that had been previously upgraded to the v.2 (SE) level...but manufactured as a v.1 in 2005, I was able to find the Professional Quilteing Kit (v.3.00) in 2015 and I used the Janome update to 3.10 (or maybe there was bit higher "3.x#" update.  However, very few years later, that v.3 kit was pretty much no longer available, especially in The USA...and places in UK, AZ, etc., that still had the v.3 kit, did not ship to The USA.  I tried on several occasions to help others find the v.3 kit for their 11000's, but all the places that had previously sold it, had no v.3 kits in stock by that time.  So, imagine my surprise (shock?) when I just looked again and found a "new in the box" Janome Professsional Quilting Kit (v.3.00) available on eBay for $175 OBO +$15 shipping or free pickup in Florida!  Wow!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203935630062?hash=item2f7b82c2ee:g:svsAAOSwbG5icuuP

The kit is "in stock" at Frank Nutt Sewing Machines in the UK, too, but no idea if they ship to The USA.  (I also have Kenwood Kitchen Machines from England and many of those suppliers ship to The USA without batting an eye, and sometimes less expensively than sellers on Amazon or eBay.) 

https://www.franknutt.co.uk/machine-accessories/janome-accessories/janome-professional-quilting-kit-for-mc11000-860445001

The Janome v.3 kit comes with a 180mm x 180mm (7" x 7") Acufil (magnetic) hoop...which is very nice (needle screw change REQUIRED and provided), although the 5" x 7" Acufil hoop was, to my knowledge, the only Acufil hoop for the 11000 that DIME made a "topper" for.

But, to use/upgrade to v.3, an 11000 MUST have the v.2 upgrade!!!  I am providing the available v.3 kit information in case a group member sought one unsuccessfully before.

Again, I'm no expert by a huge long shot, but, unless someone 'lucked out' and found a 'forgotten' v.2 kit lying about somewhere, or found a "parts machine" (dealer, eBay, etc.) from which the v.2 hardware could be 'scavenged' (because the parts machine is not repairable for some other, non-v.2 reason), my guess is that whatever version an 11000 is currently upgraded/updated to right this moment, is the version it will forever be.

But a v.3 Janome 11000 is a great machine, and I couldn't part with mine when I got my 15000 in April 2016...or when my hubby claimed it is now HIS because I have the 15000!  Blush  LOL...he is welcome to use it, though...and has!

- Cat (FL)

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Fri, May 6, 2022 10:55 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] 11000SE

Jim Stutsman

OK, I see what happened. Auto-correct changed "Customizer" in your original post to "customized". That led me down a rabbit hole on how to customize your 11000. So, getting back to your original question:

Customizer 11000 was released on CD/DVD in the 11000 box, and also online as an update for Customizer 10000. Maybe someone still has the software, though it will be difficult to install without a CD-ROM drive. The update from Customizer 10000 is no longer available as a download from the Janome Global website. It looks like they've made some updates to that site and all the update for discontinued machines are gone. If you do manage to find the software you will probably have to run it in compatibility mode, as it was made long before Windows 10 and it probably will have some issues. It also will not connect directly to the 11000, as they only made a 32 bit USB driver for it, and pretty much all Windows now is 64-bit. I remember raising this question with Janome engineers and being told that there would not be a 64-bit USB driver for the 11000.

Lorrie Gauthier

Janet, I have the quilt upgrade kit, a couple of RE hoops(?) and maybe even customizer. I would be thrilled to send them to you. They are going in the garbage because I couldn’t find anyone that wanted them here. I live in Canada and perhaps Jim could let us know how to contact each other. 

Lorrie

Janet Wallis

So, the quilt upgrade would work on my 11000?  Sounds interesting.  I would gladly pay the postage!

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 7:13 AM Lorrie Gauthier <lorrie@...> wrote:

Janet, I have the quilt upgrade kit, a couple of RE hoops(?) and maybe even customizer. I would be thrilled to send them to you. They are going in the garbage because I couldn’t find anyone that wanted them here. I live in Canada and perhaps Jim could let us know how to contact each other. 

Lorrie

Donna Morton

The Janome Canada website still has all the updates for the older machines and software. I suspect that the Janome US site also still has them too. Customizer 11000 works just fine with Windows 10, except for the ability to link via USB cable.

DonnaM
Canada

Cynthia Dickerson

Janet, I have the 15,000 and the 10,000.  I was sewing a really heavy fabric last year and the 15,000 was struggling. I have several other machines and tried them also and it was a no go.  Last chance I thought, well, I will try the Janome 10,000.  It sewed through my project like butter!!!  I will never get rid of mine and you hang on to yours!!  They are great machines and I still love mine!!

Cat - N

Janet, If your 11000 is at version 2.xx, the Professional Quilting Kit version 3.00 can upgrade your machine.  The level of support you can get now from Janome should the MC11000 update process go wonky is beyond by 'guessing' ability, however. I am pretty sure I still have the files I downloaded to upgrade my 11000, but that was in the 2015-2016 timeframe, and those files appear to have gone missing from Janome's website now.

This was the 'path' I took online today:

https://www.janome.com/
--> Support (word at top of page)
--> Technical Support
--> Machine Support
--> Memory Craft 11000

For sure, the link to:
--> "MC11K Tools
"*MC11K Tools system requirements:  Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, 10
"Update to version 3.12
"**Enables 64bit direct USB communication

'dead ends' so is apparently missing, too...pretty sure I have this as well...pretty sure I did this update too back in the 2015-2016...I have a pretty big file I 'think' is it...not sure if it is still anywhere on the internet, though.

- Cat (FL)

On May 7, 2022 at 9:06 AM, <Janet Wallis> wrote:

So, the quilt upgrade would work on my 11000?  Sounds interesting.  I would gladly pay the postage!
On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 7:13 AM Lorrie Gauthier <lorrie@...> wrote:
Lorrie

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Thanks, Donna. That's good to know.
Kathy

On Saturday, May 7, 2022, 09:56:28 AM CDT, Donna Morton <demorton@...> wrote:

The Janome Canada website still has all the updates for the older machines and software.  I suspect that the Janome US site also still has them too.  Customizer 11000 works just fine with Windows 10, except for the ability to link via USB cable.

DonnaM
Canada

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Just to add to that, I still use my 10001. It is nearly 20 years old and I have never had any problems with it. I do take it in for its yearly checkup and cleaning. Janome makes a wonderful machines. 
You will really enjoy using yours.
Kathy

On Saturday, May 7, 2022, 11:39:57 AM CDT, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Janet, I have the 15,000 and the 10,000.  I was sewing a really heavy fabric last year and the 15,000 was struggling. I have several other machines and tried them also and it was a no go.  Last chance I thought, well, I will try the Janome 10,000.  It sewed through my project like butter!!!  I will never get rid of mine and you hang on to yours!!  They are great machines and I still love mine!!

Virgie Martin

Lorrie, do you have an interfaith sewing center in your area?  We have such a group teaching those who want to learn sewing, quilting and interior designs.  These ladies don't have anything so they will take all that is given to them, material, older machines, accessories, items from estate sales.  Hope you can find someone to receive your items you no longer need.

My-Stitches

I know another place that will gratefully receive sewing things, machines included, clothes, etc.  My beloved 11000 committed suicide a few weeks ago when a part broke and fell down in and Janome has no more parts for it. The part was in the embroidery unit so it won't embroider any more.  And there's something wrong with the memories.  But.... it is now still a very nice sewing machine and a friend of mine has a friend who is working with the Ukrainian refugees.  My friend came over yesterday and hauled off the 11000 and I put together a couple of sets of necessary sewing accessories.  Apparently in Ukraine, the ladies are still used to making everything.  Next I'm going to severely thin my fabric stash for them.

Mary

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Virgie, sorry, just saw this. I don't know of any such group around here. Sounds like a great idea. I did try to find somewhere to send the items, but no luck.

I am sending them to a woman from this list though. I'm happy to be able to do that so they don't just become landfill. I loved my 11000. I wish I could have kept her. Thank you, Lorrie

Lorrie Gauthier

That's great Mary. Here in Ottawa, Ontario we are doing a big donation for Ukrainian (and any refugee families) in my building. What a great idea about thinning the stash. And threads, and needles...
The list goes on forever. Thank you for giving me that idea. And your 11000 will be loved despite her disabilities. :-)   Lorrie