11000SE

Janet Wallis

Is it possible to buy customized for my 11000?

Jim Stutsman

The SE option was added late in the life of the 11000. It enabled the automatic cutting of jump stitches during embroidery. There were changes to both hardware and the machine software, using a kit that was sent to dealers. If you could find a dealer who still had the kit available, you *MIGHT* be able to get your machine updated. But given the age of the machine, I seriously doubt that any dealer could order the parts kit now.

Janet Wallis

Thanks, Jim.  Seems like when I had the one for 10000, I could see the designs that I downloaded but maybe my memory is wrong. Only way I’ve found to see my designs is to go out of that screen, open buzz tools. I know my machine is old and outdated but (so am I!) but I love it.

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 10:55 AM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
The SE option was added late in the life of the 11000. It enabled the automatic cutting of jump stitches during embroidery. There were changes to both hardware and the machine software, using a kit that was sent to dealers. If you could find a dealer who still had the kit available, you *MIGHT* be able to get your machine updated. But given the age of the machine, I seriously doubt that any dealer could order the parts kit now.

Cat - N

Jim is the absolute expert on this, IMHO, but from personal experience...having acquired an 11000 in very early 2015 that had been previously upgraded to the v.2 (SE) level...but manufactured as a v.1 in 2005, I was able to find the Professional Quilteing Kit (v.3.00) in 2015 and I used the Janome update to 3.10 (or maybe there was bit higher "3.x#" update.  However, very few years later, that v.3 kit was pretty much no longer available, especially in The USA...and places in UK, AZ, etc., that still had the v.3 kit, did not ship to The USA.  I tried on several occasions to help others find the v.3 kit for their 11000's, but all the places that had previously sold it, had no v.3 kits in stock by that time.  So, imagine my surprise (shock?) when I just looked again and found a "new in the box" Janome Professsional Quilting Kit (v.3.00) available on eBay for $175 OBO +$15 shipping or free pickup in Florida!  Wow!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203935630062?hash=item2f7b82c2ee:g:svsAAOSwbG5icuuP

The kit is "in stock" at Frank Nutt Sewing Machines in the UK, too, but no idea if they ship to The USA.  (I also have Kenwood Kitchen Machines from England and many of those suppliers ship to The USA without batting an eye, and sometimes less expensively than sellers on Amazon or eBay.)

https://www.franknutt.co.uk/machine-accessories/janome-accessories/janome-professional-quilting-kit-for-mc11000-860445001

The Janome v.3 kit comes with a 180mm x 180mm (7" x 7") Acufil (magnetic) hoop...which is very nice (needle screw change REQUIRED and provided), although the 5" x 7" Acufil hoop was, to my knowledge, the only Acufil hoop for the 11000 that DIME made a "topper" for.

But, to use/upgrade to v.3, an 11000 MUST have the v.2 upgrade!!!  I am providing the available v.3 kit information in case a group member sought one unsuccessfully before.

Again, I'm no expert by a huge long shot, but, unless someone 'lucked out' and found a 'forgotten' v.2 kit lying about somewhere, or found a "parts machine" (dealer, eBay, etc.) from which the v.2 hardware could be 'scavenged' (because the parts machine is not repairable for some other, non-v.2 reason), my guess is that whatever version an 11000 is currently upgraded/updated to right this moment, is the version it will forever be.

But a v.3 Janome 11000 is a great machine, and I couldn't part with mine when I got my 15000 in April 2016...or when my hubby claimed it is now HIS because I have the 15000!  Blush  LOL...he is welcome to use it, though...and has!

- Cat (FL)