11000 query

Anne <csarina43@...>

Jim, I presume the new machine no longer uses cards, can I get the designs I have on cards transferred to my computer? most of my later designs are on memory sticks which I used to transfer them to the machine, are these also US? I know there is a direct link between a lap top and the machine I presume you send the designs from the lap top to the machine ready to sew?????

By the way I have a card reader but do not seem to be able to get it to talk to my computer, may be I need one that will talk to windows 7?

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There is no provision for cards on the 12000. Some 4 or 5 years ago Janome had a program where you could get your cards converted to CD, but this has been discontinued and they apparently have orphaned the cards. Your card reader might be useful, but it has its own shortcomings: it's a serial device that requires a special cable that is no longer available. I haven't seen a PC with a serial port on it in years.

If all of your cards are 10000 series (4-digit numbers) you can use your 11000 to move them to your computer. Put the card to be converted into your machine. Plug a USB stick in the machine as well. Open a design on the card, as though you were going to stitch it. Touch the EDIT key to move it to the edit screen. There touch the SAVE key (folder with arrow going into it) and save the design to your USB stick. I would create a folder on the stick for each card. This takes a little time, but it will allow you to migrate all of your card designs to your computer. You should probably do this even if you decide not to get the 12000, just to have backups of your cards.

This won't work for 9000 cards, but you wouldn't have been able to use those in your machine anyway so I'm guessing you don't have any of those.