10000 zig zag stitch

mah_jongg

Machine was cleaned & tuned up less than a year ago. I am making baby bibs using stretch terry and store bought binding. The zig-zag stitch is skipping stitches randomly. It also did it sewing 2 layers of polar fleece (less than 5 times around the whole blanket). Any idea what may be causing this issue? Dealer doesn't have a clue. Tried different needles. Top thread and bobbin thread are the same.  Reluctant on bringing it in due to a 2-3 week wait to get machine back in my area. Any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks
mahjongg.

Kathy Strabel

Mah jongg----I feel your pain. I have had that random stitch skipping. I do not have your same model, I have a Skyline 7 (known as Atelier in Europe). I frequently sew on performance stretch fabrics for making swimwear. The random stitch skipping went completely away for me when I switched to Janome branded Purple Tip needles. Your dealer may carry them, or I get them on Amazon online.  You might want to try inserting some tissue paper between seams and tearing it away, or some washaway stabilizer while you wait to get the Purple Tip needles. But for me, the Purple tip needles do the trick. Purple Tips Rule!!!   Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

mah_jongg

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 07:51 AM, Kathy Strabel wrote:
Purple Tip needles
Thanks. Janome website does not list my machine for this needle. Will need to call dealer for verification.

Pixey

I think the purple tip needles came to market after the 10000 was already retired, which is why it isn’t explicitly listed.  They were initially marketed for embroidery quilting, but work well for other challenging fabrics as well.

Pixey