Date   

Re: JIM: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

It works fine on XP and Windows 7, but I don't have Windows 8 to test on. The file you need to open is "Start.html", and it opens in Internet Explorer, not Media Player. If IE won't open it by double-clicking try right-clicking on it and choosing "Open with". You could also try dragging it and dropping it on an IE window. As a last resort install Google Chrome, which is a much better browser. If none of these work, please email me off list (jim@...) and I'll give you some other things to try. If Windows 8 has broken something as simple as auto-playing a disk I can see why people are paying extra to get computers with Windows 7!

--- In janome12000@..., Susan L Smith wrote:

Jim,
I received the DVD today but I can't figure out how to get it to run on my
Windows 8. I don't know where to find the start icon you refer to on the
label. The only thing I see in the files on the disk is start.html but
windows media player can't open it because of the html extension.
Autorun.inf opens into a notepad file. There is a file that is "ready to
be written to the Disc". It is named 'desktop.ini' and it says it's a
configuration setting and it also opens into a notepad file.

Thanks,
Susan


JIM: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

Susan L Smith <quiltingsusan@...>
 

Jim,
I received the DVD today but I can't figure out how to get it to run on my Windows 8.  I don't know where to find the start icon you refer to on the label.    The only thing I see in the files on the disk is start.html but windows media player can't open it because of the html extension.  Autorun.inf opens into a notepad file.  There is a file that is "ready to be written to the Disc".  It is named 'desktop.ini' and it says it's a configuration setting and it also opens into a notepad file.

Thanks,
Susan


Larger buttonhole options

m1955seamstress
 

Hi,
I am making a jacket out of a gabardine cotton. I debated about making bound buttonholes but wanted to test out the buttonholes on my 12000. The buttons are 1 1/8" in diameter. They are too large for the "R" buttonhole foot. I bought the "B" foot, but it appears I may be limited in my options and can only use the #1 or #2 selections in buttonholes?

I really wanted to use one of the keyhole buttonholes especially #9.

My other Janome machines had a option to sew for a distance and walk through the buttonhole steps. It appears I cannot do this on my 12000?

Am I correct or am I missing something here?

Thanks for any advice!

Marla


Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

busybee1115 <jeannette.rick.freese@...>
 

thanks Jim for all your efforts on our behalf

Jeannette
The Pas, Mb
Canada

--- In janome12000@..., "mona_cashman" wrote:

gee it sounds like the American Postal System is just as messed up as our Canadian System.....I am looking forward to getting my DVD which I ordered almost as soon as you posted it on line. Sure am glad to have knowledgeable people around like you Jim.

Mona
Comox BC
Canada

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

No worries - the DVD is fully protected in the standard DVD mailer we normally use. But just by cloaking it in an envelope saves us money and allows us to continue to offer free shipping to Canada and all other locations outside the US.

--- In janome12000@..., Sandra wrote:


Re: Thread stand

Rosy <quiltinrosy@...>
 

I use the 2 spool stand on my 12000. The only difference is the thread clip (guide), which I shall have to buy. 
 
 
 
 
 
Rosy1906
Ontario, Canada
 
 


Re: 12000 ruffling foot

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

You probably have the 7mm Ultimate Ruffler, part #943100000 or 846415008. These are both snap-on, but they require a 7mm foot holder (Part #830504017 or 846572004) to be used on the 12000. There is a 12000-specific ruffler (202095004), but it would likely be cheaper to just by the 7mm foot holder.

--- In janome12000@..., "Jeanette" wrote:

I have an Ultimate ruffling foot but the shank is not right for the 12000, does anyone know if it can be adapted? Seems like every time I try to do something I need to buy another thing....Ha!! Thanks Jeanette


Re: Thread stand

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

My mistake - I thought we were talking about the 2 spool stand, not the 5 spool. I think the only difference in the 5 spool stands is the thread clip.

--- In janome12000@..., "Marilyn" wrote:

So if I put both the 11000 and the 12000 stands together should they be
exactly the same, only asking because I got a 12000 stand yesterday, the box
has a different part number but the stand is exactly the same size, shape
and looks, as the 11000 stand I have, so wondering if Janome have put the
wrong one in the box...



Marilyn



From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On
Behalf Of Jim_Stutsman
Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2013 4:39 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Thread stand





No, it's different enough that you cannot use the 11000 stand easily.

--- In janome12000@... ,
"marilyns50" wrote:

Can you tell me if the thread stand for the 11000 is the same as the one
for the 12000 and does it fit or do I need to buy another one.

Marilyn


_____

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2897 / Virus Database: 2639/6079 - Release Date: 02/03/13


12000 ruffling foot

Jeanette <gtlgal2622@...>
 

I have an Ultimate ruffling foot but the shank is not right for the 12000, does anyone know if it can be adapted? Seems like every time I try to do something I need to buy another thing....Ha!! Thanks Jeanette


Re: Thread stand

Virginia
 

Yes it is the same threadstand, however the little silver clip that the thread goes through to lead it to the needle is different.  You can purchase that from Kens Sewing for free shipping, I think it is about $6.95.  You have to attach the stand to the machine where with the 11,000 you could set it on the handle.  It is worth it to have the thread runs so much easier.
 
Virginia
 

In a message dated 2/5/2013 12:38:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, marilyns1@... writes:
 

Can you tell me if the thread stand for the 11000 is the same as the one for the 12000 and does it fit or do I need to buy another one.

Marilyn


Re: Thread stand

fabricartistpam
 

I purchased the 5 spool thread stand for my 11000 (mounted to the back with two screws). It works perfectly on the 12000 (it also has two screws on the back.

Pam

--- In janome12000@..., "marilyns50" wrote:

Can you tell me if the thread stand for the 11000 is the same as the one for the 12000 and does it fit or do I need to buy another one.

Marilyn


Re: Thread stand

Anne <csarina43@...>
 

I have the thread stand from the 11000 and use it on the 12000. On the back there are 2 deep set screws which can be unscrewed and correspond with the slots on the thread stand.


Re: Thread stand

marilyns50
 

So if I put both the 11000 and the 12000 stands together should they be exactly the same, only asking because I got a 12000 stand yesterday, the box has a different part number but the stand is exactly the same size, shape and looks, as the 11000 stand I have, so wondering if Janome have put the wrong one in the box...

 

Marilyn

 

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of Jim_Stutsman
Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2013 4:39 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Thread stand

 

 

No, it's different enough that you cannot use the 11000 stand easily.

--- In janome12000@..., "marilyns50" wrote:
>
> Can you tell me if the thread stand for the 11000 is the same as the one for the 12000 and does it fit or do I need to buy another one.
>
> Marilyn
>


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2897 / Virus Database: 2639/6079 - Release Date: 02/03/13


Re: Thread stand

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

No, it's different enough that you cannot use the 11000 stand easily.

--- In janome12000@..., "marilyns50" wrote:

Can you tell me if the thread stand for the 11000 is the same as the one for the 12000 and does it fit or do I need to buy another one.

Marilyn


Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

monal
 

gee it sounds like the American Postal System is just as messed up as our Canadian System.....I am looking forward to getting my DVD which I ordered almost as soon as you posted it on line. Sure am glad to have knowledgeable people around like you Jim.

Mona
Comox BC
Canada

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

No worries - the DVD is fully protected in the standard DVD mailer we normally use. But just by cloaking it in an envelope saves us money and allows us to continue to offer free shipping to Canada and all other locations outside the US.

--- In janome12000@..., Sandra wrote:


Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

Sandra <luv2hug2@...>
 

Okay thank you so much! Sandra H

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-02-04, at 3:49 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

 

No worries - the DVD is fully protected in the standard DVD mailer we normally use. But just by cloaking it in an envelope saves us money and allows us to continue to offer free shipping to Canada and all other locations outside the US.

--- In janome12000@..., Sandra wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> If there is a problem with shipping, you can tell me then I will send bit more $$. It is for Canada. I would rather have DVD protected plus you said you will include CC or whatever you had in mind for me.
>
> Sandra H
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 2013-02-04, at 3:17 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:
>
> > This may now be a non-issue. As I started packaging up DVDs today, I was stunned to learn that international postage rates on parcels MORE THAN DOUBLED in the postage rate increase that took place last Sunday. For example, Australia, formerly $3.67 is now $6.55. However I also found out that a "Large envelope" (meaning at least 11 1/2" x 6 1/8") could be sent for just $2.90. So I dropped the disk mailer (5" x 5") into a large envelope and attached the lengthy Customs form for each of the international orders we could fill. We then trekked to the Post Office to wait on queue for the glacially slow process of handing each parcel to a clerk for inspection. We already had electronic postage attached, so there was only paperwork for them to shuffle through. I was somewhat nervous, because I got the "By the book" clerk who crosses every T twice. She challenged my packaging, saying that it might get bent in shipping. I replied that was OK. Then she shocked me by saying that I no longer needed the paperwork for a large envelope, and could simply drop them in the letterbox without waiting on queue!
> >
> > So rest assured non-US residents, your orders will arrive without the need for Customs, VAT, duty, bribery, or any other monetary expense. They're just letters! Really stiff letters that slide around inside the gigantic envelopes. If I get some smaller envelopes I can send them for even less, and you still won't have to pay the postman. If he/she should ask, just say it's kind of a catalog from an annoying American company. That's close enough to the truth to avoid confession, and we will be as annoying as we can to fulfill that part of the statement.
> >
> > --- In janome12000@..., "Anne Stoye" wrote:
> > >
> > > Calling UK members. If there is a problem over these DVDs, I suggest that
> > > we organise a group order for any future volumes. One lot of £8 to the post
> > > office (the bit I find so objectionable) split between us is a lot more
> > > acceptable than £8 each. But fingers crossed.
> > >
> > > Best wishes, Anne
> > >
> >
> >
>


Thread stand

marilyns50
 

Can you tell me if the thread stand for the 11000 is the same as the one for the 12000 and does it fit or do I need to buy another one.

Marilyn


Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

meowmie <meowmie@...>
 

You could put a 'catalog" of sorts on it - just a 1 page catalog even, with a description of your products and how to order them. sort of like a flyer too, so we could print out and share with others. Then it is the truth - it is a catalog, with other stuff that just happens to be included on the catalog DVD - lol.  Jen

cat·a·log

[kat-l-awg, -og] Show IPA noun, verb, cat·a·loged or cat·a·logued, cat·a·log·ing or cat·a·logu·ing, adjective
noun
1.
a list or record, as of items for sale or courses at a university, systematically arranged and often including descriptive material: a stamp catalog.
2.
something that contains such a list or record, as a book, leaflet, or file.
 
From: Jim_Stutsman To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 3:17 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide
 
This may now be a non-issue. As I started packaging up DVDs today, I was stunned to learn that international postage rates on parcels MORE THAN DOUBLED in the postage rate increase that took place last Sunday. For example, Australia, formerly $3.67 is now $6.55. However I also found out that a "Large envelope" (meaning at least 11 1/2" x 6 1/8") could be sent for just $2.90. So I dropped the disk mailer (5" x 5") into a large envelope and attached the lengthy Customs form for each of the international orders we could fill. We then trekked to the Post Office to wait on queue for the glacially slow process of handing each parcel to a clerk for inspection. We already had electronic postage attached, so there was only paperwork for them to shuffle through. I was somewhat nervous, because I got the "By the book" clerk who crosses every T twice. She challenged my packaging, saying that it might get bent in shipping. I replied that was OK. Then she shocked me by saying that I no longer needed the paperwork for a large envelope, and could simply drop them in the letterbox without waiting on queue!

So rest assured non-US residents, your orders will arrive without the need for Customs, VAT, duty, bribery, or any other monetary expense. They're just letters! Really stiff letters that slide around inside the gigantic envelopes. If I get some smaller envelopes I can send them for even less, and you still won't have to pay the postman. If he/she should ask, just say it's kind of a catalog from an annoying American company. That's close enough to the truth to avoid confession, and we will be as annoying as we can to fulfill that part of the statement.

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "Anne Stoye" wrote:
>
> Calling UK members. If there is a problem over these DVDs, I suggest that
> we organise a group order for any future volumes. One lot of £8 to the post
> office (the bit I find so objectionable) split between us is a lot more
> acceptable than £8 each. But fingers crossed.
>
> Best wishes, Anne
>


Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

Weny
 

Halo Jim & Diane,

Thank you for your great effort. I've just put in order. Can't wait to watch the entire video.

Cheers, 
Weny, UK



Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

No worries - the DVD is fully protected in the standard DVD mailer we normally use. But just by cloaking it in an envelope saves us money and allows us to continue to offer free shipping to Canada and all other locations outside the US.

--- In janome12000@..., Sandra wrote:

Hi Jim,

If there is a problem with shipping, you can tell me then I will send bit more $$. It is for Canada. I would rather have DVD protected plus you said you will include CC or whatever you had in mind for me.

Sandra H

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-02-04, at 3:17 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

This may now be a non-issue. As I started packaging up DVDs today, I was stunned to learn that international postage rates on parcels MORE THAN DOUBLED in the postage rate increase that took place last Sunday. For example, Australia, formerly $3.67 is now $6.55. However I also found out that a "Large envelope" (meaning at least 11 1/2" x 6 1/8") could be sent for just $2.90. So I dropped the disk mailer (5" x 5") into a large envelope and attached the lengthy Customs form for each of the international orders we could fill. We then trekked to the Post Office to wait on queue for the glacially slow process of handing each parcel to a clerk for inspection. We already had electronic postage attached, so there was only paperwork for them to shuffle through. I was somewhat nervous, because I got the "By the book" clerk who crosses every T twice. She challenged my packaging, saying that it might get bent in shipping. I replied that was OK. Then she shocked me by saying that I no longer needed the paperwork for a large envelope, and could simply drop them in the letterbox without waiting on queue!

So rest assured non-US residents, your orders will arrive without the need for Customs, VAT, duty, bribery, or any other monetary expense. They're just letters! Really stiff letters that slide around inside the gigantic envelopes. If I get some smaller envelopes I can send them for even less, and you still won't have to pay the postman. If he/she should ask, just say it's kind of a catalog from an annoying American company. That's close enough to the truth to avoid confession, and we will be as annoying as we can to fulfill that part of the statement.

--- In janome12000@..., "Anne Stoye" wrote:

Calling UK members. If there is a problem over these DVDs, I suggest that
we organise a group order for any future volumes. One lot of £8 to the post
office (the bit I find so objectionable) split between us is a lot more
acceptable than £8 each. But fingers crossed.

Best wishes, Anne


Re: Announcing the Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Video Guide

Sandra <luv2hug2@...>
 

Hi Jim,

If there is a problem with shipping, you can tell me then I will send bit more $$. It is for Canada. I would rather have DVD protected plus you said you will include CC or whatever you had in mind for me.

Sandra H

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-02-04, at 3:17 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

 

This may now be a non-issue. As I started packaging up DVDs today, I was stunned to learn that international postage rates on parcels MORE THAN DOUBLED in the postage rate increase that took place last Sunday. For example, Australia, formerly $3.67 is now $6.55. However I also found out that a "Large envelope" (meaning at least 11 1/2" x 6 1/8") could be sent for just $2.90. So I dropped the disk mailer (5" x 5") into a large envelope and attached the lengthy Customs form for each of the international orders we could fill. We then trekked to the Post Office to wait on queue for the glacially slow process of handing each parcel to a clerk for inspection. We already had electronic postage attached, so there was only paperwork for them to shuffle through. I was somewhat nervous, because I got the "By the book" clerk who crosses every T twice. She challenged my packaging, saying that it might get bent in shipping. I replied that was OK. Then she shocked me by saying that I no longer needed the paperwork for a large envelope, and could simply drop them in the letterbox without waiting on queue!

So rest assured non-US residents, your orders will arrive without the need for Customs, VAT, duty, bribery, or any other monetary expense. They're just letters! Really stiff letters that slide around inside the gigantic envelopes. If I get some smaller envelopes I can send them for even less, and you still won't have to pay the postman. If he/she should ask, just say it's kind of a catalog from an annoying American company. That's close enough to the truth to avoid confession, and we will be as annoying as we can to fulfill that part of the statement.

--- In janome12000@..., "Anne Stoye" wrote:
>
> Calling UK members. If there is a problem over these DVDs, I suggest that
> we organise a group order for any future volumes. One lot of £8 to the post
> office (the bit I find so objectionable) split between us is a lot more
> acceptable than £8 each. But fingers crossed.
>
> Best wishes, Anne
>