Date   

Re: New machine shopping

Linda Treece <shades@...>
 

I had the 12000 for a couple of weeks and returned for the 15000 even thou it cost me more I like the ease of the machine and the larger screen.  This a machine I am relaxed at working with a user friendly,faster processor and easy on the eyes.  It will be my last machine and wanted to look forward to using it.  I found the 12000 to be harder on my eyes for to much clutter on the screen for me, plus I needed the auto needle threader that I loved on the 11000. 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:49 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: New machine shopping

 

BlueBell Wrangler,
The 12000 is a very wonderful machine and you should get a great price on it. I recommend it. Try sewing on it. Martie in CA
--- In janome12000@..., wrote:
>
> My first post here, but I've been reading off and on for a few days. I am shopping for a new machine. In my younger years, I made most of my clothes because I am tall and I couldn't buy anything in the stores that had long enough legs and sleeves. Now I live in jeans and tees, so that is not my first consideration. I am a lifelong crafter, though I have never pieced or quilted, now I would like to start. I would like to do other craft sewing and would also like to make clothes for my granddaughters.
>
> The first machine I considered was the Janome 12000, and then the 15000. I have also been to the Babylock dealer and looked at the Ellisimo II, the Crescendo and the Unity. My head is spinning with trying to compare features. I eliminated the Crescendo because I originally thought I wanted to have embroidery capabilities. The only one I have actually sewn on was the Unity and I liked the feel of it. The needle threader was impressive, and the screen was fairly easy to read. At the Janome dealer, they did not have the 12000 in stock so I couldn't sew on it. They demoed another machine, but the salesperson had so much trouble getting it to cooperate that I immediately marked it off my list. They will have a 12000 for me to look at in a week or so. Do any of you have experience with the 12000 and also with the Babylock Unity? I know this is a Janome group, so I hope I am not overstepping here by asking for a comparison with the BL.
>
> I have a chance on the 9th to see someone from Janome do a half day demo of the 15000. It is about 3 hours away from me, in a town where my husband is currently working, but I plan on making the trip. It is probably going to be out of my price range, but it sure looks impressive on paper!
>
> Would love to hear your thoughts.
>


Re: learning about my new machine

JUDY
 

I am in Cleveland Ohio and just bought my 15000 last nite, I traded my 12000 -- but my dealer (for both machines) gave me a complete demo at the store and has an open-door policy...which means anytime I have a problem I can come in and he will go over everything again with me! Its worth your money to always have a good dealer that will always have time to teach you and show you what to do


From: "mel2sew@..."
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:29 PM
Subject: [janome12000] learning about my new machine

 
Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase? 



Re: Accufil questions

VLS
 

No question is a dumb question.  It does not come with the 12000 unless your dealer offers it as a special.  We did that in the store I work for.  It is a great (program-hoop) and well worth the money.  I love it, I have created many of my own stippling designs.  I have done 4 baby quilts and at least 4 small wall quilts and 5 table runners so far.  If you live near the Wisconsin (the west side of the state) we are going to be offering a class on how to use the program and the hoop.  The class will be held on Nov. 16th.
 
Vicki S
 

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:12 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Accufil questions
 
 

I know this may be a really dumb question but I am a bit unsure. Does the Accufil kit come with my 12000?   I remember the Janome rep showing me the Accufil features when I first looked at the 12000 back in February, and that is one thing that really drew me to the machine for my miniature quilts. 

 

Anyway, now that I have the machine home, I am pretty sure I have the hoop for the Accufil and I do have some quilting designs but I find nothing in the manual about Accufil, so I am thinking that it must be a separate accessory that I have to add on.  If so, and I have the hoop, it is just a matter of software, right?

 

I have searched this forum for information, but none of the posts really make this clear to me.  I must be really dense because the answer is probably pretty obvious but it has been so long since I had my demo on the machine. 

 

Thanks for helping this dummy,

Melanie


Re: New machine shopping

jim@...
 

Any of the Janome machines can be threaded manually without using the threader. On the 12000 and 15000 just use the LOCK button first, which forces the tension disks open. On other models make sure the presser foot is in the up position. You have to be able to thread manually in order to use specialty needles like twin and hemstitch needles, as the needle threader is not compatible with them. 



---In janome12000@..., <vikkiy@...> wrote:

About the automatic threader, I came across that feature on a friend’s 11000 model when she bought one a few years ago. She had it in the shop numerous times to have it adjusted. It was a touchy little devil! If it wasn’t working, you weren’t sewing. One could not thread that machine manually. On the email lists at that time, others noted similar experience with the 110000. Can you bypass the automatic threader on the 15000 and thread it manually ?

 

Vikki

Houston, TX

 


Re: Vertical spool for 12000

vicki chrobak
 

Barbara Jean, Where were you 2 years ago?!���� You're a genius.
Vicki Jo

On 10/30/2013 8:11 PM, gbmko@... wrote:

OK, I posted a picture in my Barbara Jean album.���� Just make sure you give the spool room to spin.������������



Re: Accufil questions

jim@...
 

Your 12000 came with a hoop that uses magnets, but that's not the AcuFil hoop. For the 12000 the AcuFil kit is a separate product that comes with the AcuFil hoop and software. The AcuFil comes as a standard accessory on the 15000 only. The quilting designs in the 12000 were added in the 1.10 update. 



---In janome12000@..., <mel2sew@...> wrote:

I know this may be a really dumb question but I am a bit unsure. Does the Accufil kit come with my 12000?   I remember the Janome rep showing me the Accufil features when I first looked at the 12000 back in February, and that is one thing that really drew me to the machine for my miniature quilts. 

 

Anyway, now that I have the machine home, I am pretty sure I have the hoop for the Accufil and I do have some quilting designs but I find nothing in the manual about Accufil, so I am thinking that it must be a separate accessory that I have to add on.  If so, and I have the hoop, it is just a matter of software, right?

 

I have searched this forum for information, but none of the posts really make this clear to me.  I must be really dense because the answer is probably pretty obvious but it has been so long since I had my demo on the machine. 

 

Thanks for helping this dummy,

Melanie


Re: New machine shopping

Vikki Youngmeyer
 

About the automatic threader, I came across that feature on a friend’s 11000 model when she bought one a few years ago. She had it in the shop numerous times to have it adjusted. It was a touchy little devil! If it wasn’t working, you weren’t sewing. One could not thread that machine manually. On the email lists at that time, others noted similar experience with the 110000. Can you bypass the automatic threader on the 15000 and thread it manually ?

 

Vikki

Houston, TX

 


Accufil questions

mel2sew
 

I know this may be a really dumb question but I am a bit unsure. Does the Accufil kit come with my 12000?   I remember the Janome rep showing me the Accufil features when I first looked at the 12000 back in February, and that is one thing that really drew me to the machine for my miniature quilts. 

 

Anyway, now that I have the machine home, I am pretty sure I have the hoop for the Accufil and I do have some quilting designs but I find nothing in the manual about Accufil, so I am thinking that it must be a separate accessory that I have to add on.  If so, and I have the hoop, it is just a matter of software, right?

 

I have searched this forum for information, but none of the posts really make this clear to me.  I must be really dense because the answer is probably pretty obvious but it has been so long since I had my demo on the machine. 

 

Thanks for helping this dummy,

Melanie


Re: Vertical spool for 12000

VLS
 

That’s exactly how I use mine, works great for those larger spools.
 
Vicki S
 

From: gbmko@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:11 PM
Subject: [janome12000] RE: Vertical spool for 12000
 
 

OK, I posted a picture in my Barbara Jean album.  Just make sure you give the spool room to spin.   



---In janome12000@..., wrote:

Has janome come out with a vertical spool pin that fits in the little hole in the lid as of yet?  Judyjanome


Re: learning about my new machine

mel2sew
 

Thanks, I guess I will call in the morning to find out what they do offer.  I do know that when I received my previous (Brother) embroidery machine, I was not impressed with the training session, but I guess that is all they could do in an hour. 

Melanie 

From: Tony Coley
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] learning about my new machine
 
 

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley


On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." <mel2sew@...> wrote:
 
Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase? 



Re: learning about my new machine

Judy Albert
 

I bought my 12000 from Pocono Sew and Vac, Stroudsburg PA and they offered a full day of free training which was awesome! The Janome educator really knew the machine.  We brought our machines and calibrated them and learned maintenance in addition to learning all the functions. It was worth the 250 mile drive. I love the embroidery on the MC12000 and had no prior experience with embroidery. And the acufil quilting is great-it comes out looking professional. Overall, I am happy that I went from a 6600 to the 12000

Judy in NoVA


Re: Vertical spool for 12000

eque45@sbcglobal.net
 

What pfaff machine did it fit? Thanks!
 
Carol

From: "shejmartin1@..."
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:49 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [janome12000] Vertical spool for 12000



I have a spool stand leftover from a Pfaff machine that I used to have that fits perfectly into the hole on top of the machine.   It is called the "Pfaff Creative Spool Stand" and I saw it both on Ebay and Amazon. 
 
I don't have the stand that fits on the back of the machine, so I use the Pfaff stand when using embroidery thread; and for all bigger threads.
 





Re: bobbin work

jan.steiner.mtrainier@...
 

Great to know Tony because I really don't know how to use a micrometer. I'm not one to fiddle unnecessarily, but it's reassuring to know I can try adjusting it slightly to see if it resolves a problem. 

Jan



---In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

Ms Jan
No need to mic the 2 bobbin cases. They are identical except for the tension setting. Some folks just don't relish turning that "little bitty screw" to change tension.
Happy sewing
Tony


On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:59 PM, "jan.steiner.mtrainier@..." <jan.steiner.mtrainier@...> wrote:
 
I do that regularly on with my mechanical SMs, but they have full metal bobbin cases. After careful inspection of the red and yellow dot cases that came with the machine, I couldn't see any differences but didn't take micrometer measurements of all the parts. These electronic machines could be touchy that way, but I'm sure I'll run into a circumstance where I'll feel absolutely compelled to get out the little screwdriver. You can bet I'll precisely mark the original screw position if I do. At the least, what the screw threads into is not all metal so the threads may prove not to be as durable over time.
Jan in MD 
 



---In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

The notion of never altering the bobbin tension is silly.   Every time new thread is placed in either top or bottom, the stitch must be examined.  If the stitch does not meet in the proper location, either top or bottom or both need adjustment.
Where the stitch meets depends on the type of project.  For example, seaming, garment or quilting, should meet in the center.  So the top thread should not be visible from the bottom and visa versa.  Embroidery is different, the top should be clearly visible on the bottom.
With all that in mind, it becomes imperative that we know how to make adjustments in the bobbin.  Why should we be of the opinion that we need more than one bobbin case if we know how to adjust.   Why.....because we spend more money if we don't know how to adjust.
Even if you only embroider, different brands, different colors, different types (cotton or poly) impact the necessary tension.
I urge everyone to learn how to adjust both tensions
Sheila Godes  

On Oct 29, 2013, at 8:11 AM, "louannbush@..." <louannbush@...> wrote:

 
I didn't think we were EVER to alter the bobbin tension. If you do, how do you reset the tension to the manufacturer's setting? My 12000 is fairly new and I sure don't want to have to take it back to the dealer already and get chided for changing the tension:)



Re: Vertical spool for 12000

gbmko
 

OK, I posted a picture in my Barbara Jean album.  Just make sure you give the spool room to spin.   


Re: Vertical spool for 12000

gbmko
 

Yes, it does stand up if you follow what I wrote.  Instead of placing it horizontal, put the thread on, slide a spool cap on, and place THAT pin in the hole so the thread is SITTING on the spool cap! Voila...I'll try and post a picture.  Barbara Jean 

In a message dated 10/30/2013 4:58:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, judyjanome@... writes:
 

Regarding that vertical spool stand?..what is the little round hole for on the 12000 for if not for a vertical spool stand. 

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 30, 2013, at 10:49 AM, <shejmartin1@...> wrote:

 

I have a spool stand leftover from a Pfaff machine that I used to have that fits perfectly into the hole on top of the machine.   It is called the "Pfaff Creative Spool Stand" and I saw it both on Ebay and Amazon. 

 

I don't have the stand that fits on the back of the machine, so I use the Pfaff stand when using embroidery thread; and for all bigger threads.

 



---In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

I would love to have a vertical spool pin for the 12,000 too.  There are a few spools of thread that require a vertical spool pin in order for the thread to come off correctly.  I asked my dealer for one of those a year or so ago, but have not got an answer from Janome about it.


On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM, <judyjanome@...> wrote:
 

Has janome come out with a vertical spool pin that fits in the little hole in the lid as of yet?  Judyjanome 



Janome 15000

bdake@sbcglobal.net
 

My dealer gives lessons all year long on the webinar, lessons weekly on using the iPad software as long as we need to cover it and weekly classes on using the machine with different projects. Free. She is absolutely amazing!!!


Re: New machine shopping

martie_in_ca <mjdutro@...>
 

BlueBell Wrangler,
The 12000 is a very wonderful machine and you should get a great price on it. I recommend it. Try sewing on it. Martie in CA

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, <bluebellwrangler@...> wrote:

My first post here, but I've been reading off and on for a few days. I am shopping for a new machine. In my younger years, I made most of my clothes because I am tall and I couldn't buy anything in the stores that had long enough legs and sleeves. Now I live in jeans and tees, so that is not my first consideration. I am a lifelong crafter, though I have never pieced or quilted, now I would like to start. I would like to do other craft sewing and would also like to make clothes for my granddaughters.

The first machine I considered was the Janome 12000, and then the 15000. I have also been to the Babylock dealer and looked at the Ellisimo II, the Crescendo and the Unity. My head is spinning with trying to compare features. I eliminated the Crescendo because I originally thought I wanted to have embroidery capabilities. The only one I have actually sewn on was the Unity and I liked the feel of it. The needle threader was impressive, and the screen was fairly easy to read. At the Janome dealer, they did not have the 12000 in stock so I couldn't sew on it. They demoed another machine, but the salesperson had so much trouble getting it to cooperate that I immediately marked it off my list. They will have a 12000 for me to look at in a week or so. Do any of you have experience with the 12000 and also with the Babylock Unity? I know this is a Janome group, so I hope I am not overstepping here by asking for a comparison with the BL.

I have a chance on the 9th to see someone from Janome do a half day demo of the 15000. It is about 3 hours away from me, in a town where my husband is currently working, but I plan on making the trip. It is probably going to be out of my price range, but it sure looks impressive on paper!

Would love to hear your thoughts.


Re: learning about my new machine

Christine Drygas
 

Yes, our store in town gives one on one detailed instruction of the machine as well as classes designed to go over the manual and machine. That lasts at least 3 - 4 hours.  Plus they are open to any questions any day they are open. I think complete access to the store that sells you a very expensive machine should also offer good instruction on how it works.  

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 30, 2013, at 6:31 PM, Tony Coley <coleyct@...> wrote:

 

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley


On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." <mel2sew@...> wrote:
 
Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase? 



Re: learning about my new machine

VLS
 

Our shop gives a one on one for an hour on whatever they want to learn or have questions on.  Then we offer 6 or more lessons on the features and how to use the accessories for the machine.  Including horizon link, the clothsetter and Accufil.  We figure if they are going to spend that much on the machine we want them to be happy and hopefully be return customers.   The continuing lessons are done as a group.
 
Vicki S
 

From: Tony Coley
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] learning about my new machine
 
 

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley


On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." wrote:
 
Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase? 



Re: New machine shopping

bluebellwrangler@...
 

Lou Ann, Christine and  Jollyne, thank you all so much for the input!  No matter the craft, I love quality tools.  I know if I see the 15000 in action, it will be my choice!  Not sure that I want to buy from somewhere 3 hours from home, but if I get a good price from them, maybe it will give me leverage for dealing with the hometown store. 

Christine, thanks for the detailed comparison.  Just what I was looking for.  Any other comments and opinions are appreciated.

Carol

On Oct 29, 2013, at 8:35 PM, bluebellwrangler@... wrote:

 

My first post here, but I've been reading off and on for a few days.  I am shopping for a new machine.  In my younger years, I made most of my clothes because I am tall and I couldn't buy anything in the stores that had long enough legs and sleeves.  Now I live in jeans and tees, so that is not my first consideration.  I am a lifelong crafter, though I have never pieced or quilted, now I would like to start.  I would like to do other craft sewing and would also like to make clothes for my granddaughters. 

 

The first machine I considered was the Janome 12000, and then the 15000.  I have also been to the Babylock dealer and looked at the Ellisimo II, the Crescendo and the Unity.  My head is spinning with trying to compare features.  I eliminated the Crescendo because I originally thought I wanted to have embroidery capabilities.  The only one I have actually sewn on was the Unity and I liked the feel of it.  The needle threader was impressive, and the screen was fairly easy to read.  At the Janome dealer, they did not have the 12000 in stock so I couldn't sew on it.  They demoed another machine, but the salesperson had so much trouble getting it to cooperate that I immediately marked it off my list.  They will have a 12000 for me to look at in a week or so.  Do any of you have experience with the 12000 and also with the Babylock Unity?  I know this is a Janome group, so I hope I am not overstepping here by asking for a comparison with the BL.  

 

I have a chance on the 9th to see someone from Janome do a half day demo of the 15000.  It is about 3 hours away from me, in a town where my husband is currently working, but I plan on making the trip.  It is probably going to be out of my price range, but it sure looks impressive on paper!

 

Would love to hear your thoughts.