Date   

Re: 15000 in the UK

VLS
 

Interesting if you convert that to American dollars it is $10,265.35
Less than the MSRP here which is $11,999.
vicki
 

Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:39 AM
Subject: [janome12000] 15000 in the UK
 
 

Hi,
I was visiting this website in the UK for another reason and noticed the 15000 on it. With a price.
http://www.hobkirk.co.uk/products/domestic-sewing-machines-accessories/janome-horizon-memory-craft-15000-product.html

Gerda


15K

marsha.ryan@...
 

I am planning on buying the new 15K. Now I have to sell the 12K. Hope that doesn't take too long.

 

I work for my local dealer part time. I go in Friday and I get to play on the 15K. I want to learn all the new things about it so I will be able to show everything about it to a prospective buyer. I wasn't lucky enough to go to Vegas, although John tried to get me to go. I had already planned a family vacation for Labor Day week. Couldn't do both!!

 

Marsha


Re: 15000

janetpiekarski
 

The 15000 comes with an extension table and because the 12000 came with one it really should go with the trade in-it wasn't an add on.  Any additional things you purchased-clothsetter, extra feet, you should keep but everything that went with the machine when you opened the box is expected to be there as a trade. 


--- In janome12000@..., <TEDROWQTRHORSE@...> wrote:

The MC15000 does come with an acrylic extension table!
Leta
 
From: dawsewmad
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 3:11 PM
Subject: [janome12000] 15000
 
 

Hi I'm trading in my 12000 on the new machine and would like to know if I need to keep my acrylic extension table or does the new machine come with one?
Dawn


15000 in the UK

Pinguin
 

Hi,
I was visiting this website in the UK for another reason and noticed the 15000 on it. With a price.
http://www.hobkirk.co.uk/products/domestic-sewing-machines-accessories/janome-horizon-memory-craft-15000-product.html

Gerda


Digest Number 742

JeannieH
 

Have talked to my dealer regarding the new machine. She did go to Vegas and hers is here (although I haven't seen it!) DH has said to go ahead (OMG I am so very excited! Never saw that coming!). Now to wait until the release is going to kill me!
I cannot wait.

Jeannie


Re: Mono Poly thread from Superior

Patricia Ward
 

Thank you, good to know. Would you believe that this message sent on Sept. 8, just came in tonight to my mail box? Yahoo!

Pat

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 8, 2013, at 11:49 PM, "mona_cashman" <mlcashman@shaw.ca> wrote:


I have used fil tec bobbins (pre wounds ) no problem and also the pre-wound invisible from Superior. Much nicer than trying to wind the invisible. Cost effective also.

Mona
Comox BC
Canada



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



Re: MBX on two computers

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

1) Yes
2) You should always install the latest updates, as they often fix bugs.

You need to install this update before attempting to install MBX on Windows 8:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_v4_win8.html

Then, after installing MBX, install these updates:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40m.html
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40q.html


Re: Digitizer MBX problems

Virginia
 

My first suggestion is to DO NOT UNINSTALL the program.  If you do that will create more issues for you.
 
No only use revert be sure that you always delete your recovery files after you use the program.
 
If you continue to have problems there are steps to take other than just uninstall.  Having Corel in the program now you do not just uninstall like we did with Digipro.
 
virginia
 

In a message dated 9/10/2013 11:01:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jim@... writes:
 

Both of these problems may be caused by a corrupt file. To fix it click "Start -> All Programs -> Janome Digitizer MBX -> Revert. Check both boxes and click OK. This will rebuild critical files. Open EasyDesign and everything should be working normally.

--- In janome12000@..., "sewinsusie" >
> Jim, I'm having a couple of issues with my Digitizer software. I am using MBX V 4.0Q on a windows 8 laptop. My first problem is that sometimes when I have a portion of a design selected instead of showing up pink with the handles to show it is active the selection shows up white which is just about impossible to see. This doesn't always happen and it can go to working properly ( pink ) to white from one design to another without closing the program. I have no idea what I am doing differently ( if at all) or how to fix it. The second relates to using embossed fills- I can't ! I can create a shape from the relevant fill tools but there are no design styles to choose from in the drop down box. This happens whether I select Embossed fill from the Object details box first or create the shape first , even with a weaving fill first and then try to change to embossed. Any clues ? I don't do a lot of digitizing but thought I had been using the program long enough to know the basics. Hope you or someone else can assist me.
> Sue
>


Re: MBX on two computers

tzfardaha
 

I just bought a new computer with Windows 8 and would like to move my notebook to be near the Janome sewing machine.

1) Do I have to upgrade my notebook computer copy of MBX to Windows 8?

2) After I install my DVD's of MBX on the Windows 8 machine, will upgrading to windows 8 sufficient or do I have to do all the other upgrades?

Also, I have played with the idea of having a cintiq instead of a touch monitor. Has anyone tried the Yiynova MSP 19U tablet monitor? The reviews on amazon are quite good.

Thanks




--- In janome12000@..., <jim@...> wrote:

This message was approved yesterday, but didn't show up until today. I answered the sender offline - here is that reply:

To answer your question, you need to install this update before attempting to install MBX on Windows 8:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_v4_win8.html

Then, after installing MBX, install these updates:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40m.html
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40q.html

At that point you should be ready to go. Note that these are updates to the computer software only. The dongle is only updated when moving to a new version of Digitizer, like from Pro to MBX. That is a one-time update the creates a new working dongle and destroys the old one. Because of this there is no problem at all running MBX on as many computers as you like, just one at a time.

--- In janome12000@..., "janette61232" <jn57rn2@...> wrote:
>
> I am currently using MBX latest Version 4 on my XP computer. I also have a Windows 8 computer I plan to use with my 12000. I assume I will need to get an update (hasp driver?)to make it work with Windows 8. If I update the dongle to work on the Win 8, will I still be able to use it on my XP? I prefer my larger screen on the XP to do the digitizing. Janette Nash
>


Re: Digitizer MBX problems

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Both of these problems may be caused by a corrupt file. To fix it click "Start -> All Programs -> Janome Digitizer MBX -> Revert. Check both boxes and click OK. This will rebuild critical files. Open EasyDesign and everything should be working normally.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "sewinsusie" <ssweet4@...> wrote:

Jim, I'm having a couple of issues with my Digitizer software. I am using MBX V 4.0Q on a windows 8 laptop. My first problem is that sometimes when I have a portion of a design selected instead of showing up pink with the handles to show it is active the selection shows up white which is just about impossible to see. This doesn't always happen and it can go to working properly ( pink ) to white from one design to another without closing the program. I have no idea what I am doing differently ( if at all) or how to fix it. The second relates to using embossed fills- I can't ! I can create a shape from the relevant fill tools but there are no design styles to choose from in the drop down box. This happens whether I select Embossed fill from the Object details box first or create the shape first , even with a weaving fill first and then try to change to embossed. Any clues ? I don't do a lot of digitizing but thought I had been using the program long enough to know the basics. Hope you or someone else can assist me.
Sue


Re: New 15000

Judith Briggs <jabrigzz@...>
 

I saw one this past Fri/Sat at a Emb. Show.  They were pre selling for Oct.  We were allowed to play with the one there. 


From: hshocraf
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 5:39 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: New 15000

 
I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.

Vicki

--- In janome12000@..., rdnance3@... wrote:
>
> I saw and played with the new 15000!!! It's sweet!!! It's pretty amazing!!!
>
>
> The screen is alot bigger, clearer, and easier to read. The processor is touch and go. Everything is so much simpler and faster.
>
>
> There is a new hoop too....a magnetic hoop. No center piece to push down into the outer hoop...just held by strong magnets. I asked if that was Janome's answer to Brother's endless border hoop. I was told it will be much easier to endless border now.
>
>
> It weights 6 lbs. more than the 12000....boo!! The foot control is at least 2x bigger and has this second pedal to the right of the big one that you push and it cuts your thread for you...lol!! They said it was in case your hands were full you could just hit it with your foot and it would cut the thread.
>
>
> It has the newer bobbin system like the 9900 horizon...with the little side area where you loop the thread. Has independent bobbin motor so you can fill a bobbin while sewing or embroidering. Automatically stops....like the 11000 I guess.
>
>
> Has a majorly sweet needle threader!!! Unlike the pitiful one on the 12000. It's precise and exact...seemingly hits it every time.
>
>
> You can get them with or without the latest 16gig IPad. $400 difference. They loaded the two apps. It has the app where you can monitor the embroidery from the IPad from another room, etc. I said...too bad they didn't put a camera on it to watch it sew...so when the bobbin thread starts to come up through you can stop it and go to your machine.....I was told.....it's coming....I laughed and said right...he said no...I'm not joking...it's coming!! lol That would be sweet!! But it bothers me too....something more to see down the road.
>
>
> The other app is like the embroidery screen edit area...you know..where the grid is so you can work on designs, on screen, on the machine. But it has more capabilities and much more powerful. That part is kinda nice....I'm not sure if I think the Ipad part is a deal maker but I use my computer alot tethered to my machine. Could prove interesting.
>
>
> I was told everyone must name their machine...lol....I guess that's an IPad thing. Kinda funny and fun to think it needs a name...lol There is this this light up color bar...It's where the black line is on the 12000 above the word Horizon. You choose the color of the bar....there are like 15 or more color choices. You make it your color and it lights up across the front of the machine. Just about the exact size of the black bar above Horizon but not on the right side. I was told it is so when you are sewing in a class or group, it will be distinctive for you to see your machine...lol....I guess so you can find it easier among the sea of Janome machines....haha!! Not a deal maker...but fun. It has bells and whistles...no surprise there.
>
>
> They have added a new hole in the sewing plate so you can do a true 1/4 inch stitch. They said you can order them, too for the 12000 to resolve that problem.
>
>
> That's all I can remember. My heart was racing like I was looking at a race car. So much fun!! And I am thinking about getting one....the jury is still out.
>
>
> Anyone interested in a 12000 for a heck of a deal....includes Accu-quilt. It's in perfect condition.
>
>
> Oh...did you all know you can free arm like a bag or baby onsie on the 12000/15000? The smallest hoop, the F, I think, will fit in the onsie and if you take off the sewing surface like your going to do a cuff or sleeve, you can hang the body under and not have to pin and tape and stretch the onsie. Now that's of course if your design will fit in the hoop size. But they suggested doing socks and pant legs like this too. Just thought I'd share....Because I never thought about doing it that way....and I thought it was great and definitely worth sharing.
>
>
> And yes....200,000 stitches per design. Sews quieter....Oh it has this little bag with lift out trays. It comes with all the available feet and accessories. (not ruffler, not binding unit etc.) but everything else.
>
>
> Oh....has a stitch counter now. You can see how many stitches your machine has on it. The one I saw had '0'....good for buying a used machine!!
>
>
> There is a new digitizer MBX... 4.0. Said it is much more improved...but I did not see it nor try it. I'm running digitizer pro3.0 and so I need to upgrade. But some older versions will no longer upgrade.... you will have to buy totally new. Yikes!!!! Luckily mine upgrades.
>
>
> Happy sewing....RN
>




Re: New 15000

Freida Doubts
 

It fairness to RN's dealer, dealers are allowed to do "invitation only showing" of the new machine to prospective customers - their DSM shared this info with the dealers.
-- 
Freida Doubts
Sew E-Z

With every new model Janome has released there have always been one or 
more dealers that have shown it early. RN's dealer was one of those who 
broke it early - not her fault, as she had no way of knowing that it was
 supposed to be hidden. Personally I think it's ridiculous to hide the 
machine until October. A machine with a $12,000 price tag is not 
something you buy in an afternoon like a Starbucks coffee. Most people 
are going to want to try it, think about it, look at the budget, etc. As
 a former dealer, while I did honor Janome's request to embargo new 
models, I would rather have shown them so that when I finally did get 
machines I would have some customers ready to take one home on day 1. 
Janome has videos on their website showing features of the new machine, 
so it's hardly a secret.



--- In janome12000@
yahoogroups.com, "hshocraf"; ...> wrote:
>
> I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.
>
> Vicki

  


Re: Mono Poly thread from Superior

Patricia Ward
 

Hi Cheryl,
So far my 12000 has been well behaved and a dream.   I did order Bob's prewounds from Superior and will really keep my speed down trying to use this combo. Oh I always practice to get myself warmed up and to see how my thread combo will work.  But with that MonoPoly in there I am going to be extra careful... walking on eggshells this time.  Fortunately this is just for a small wall quilt so I don't have an entire large size to do.   It is for Halloween so I like the idea of the Mono Poly for the applique and the echo quilting. 

Thank you very much for all the help and suggestions.  
I'll let you guys know how successful this is... and I am saying successful because I expect Jenny 12 to do a good job.

Pat


On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM, <capaul@...> wrote:


Pat,  I think that I wound the bobbin on my 12000 or 7700 and used the foot feed so the speed would have varied some, but I know that I wouldn't have gone full speed as I know this thread can stretch as it is poly.  I didn't know that you could buy monopoly in pre-wounds but if they come from Superior, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.  The pre-wound I'm using on my HoopSisters embroidered blocks is from Teradon Embroideries an I purchased a box (144 bobbins of white) from Terri and Don Hansen at the Indian Embroidery Conference several years ago.  I love them as they hold so much more thread than what I can wind on them myself, and they are so much less expensive than Janome's pre-wounds.   I suggest you try them with a practices block and see how you like them first.  Is your machine perscnity and troublesome?  Mine has caused me no real grief with the exception on one bobbin case spinning out and my embroidery unit, which I've talked about in a previous post.  The trouble was just bothersome at the time of the trouble.


Cheryl - Saskatoon

Thank you, Cheryl.  When you wound your own bobbin did you do it very slowly as Jim suggested?   I was hoping maybe to use the prewounds from Superior so I could eliminate that risk of winding the stuff.   Maybe I will give them a try with the yellow dot bobbin case. 
I appreciate your sharing your experiences.

Pat


On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM, <capaul@...> wrote:


Pat,


I have used Superior monofilament thread and had no problem with it.  I did wind my own bobbin with it though.  I have also used pre-wounds of embroidery thread that were not Janome and with my "yellow dot" bobbin case I've had no issues - they were the Class 15 bobbins and they are a bit thinner than the ones I buy with no thread on them, but they don't rattle and sew just the same as the others as they are the correct size for the Janome machine.  I've used about 25 so far on my HoopSisters Feathered Star as I'm not doing the backing on this quilt so don't change the bobbin to colours as they tell me to and I've not had a single incident with them.


Cheryl - Saskatoon 



--- In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I have a question about using the class 15 ( A style) prewound bobbins -- prewound with the Mono Poly thread from Superior.

With prewounds I have never used anything but the prewound Janome bobbins and I am reluctant to try another prewound brand as I am afraid they will be just a tad less thick and maybe bounce around in the bobbin case.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Also is this a good monofilament thread to use in the top for some quilting?   I have never used monofilament and know that not all are created equally... This one is supposed to be a good one.

Any advice or answers will be much appreciated.

Pat







Digitizer MBX problems

Sue Sweet
 

Jim, I'm having a couple of issues with my Digitizer software. I am using MBX V 4.0Q on a windows 8 laptop. My first problem is that sometimes when I have a portion of a design selected instead of showing up pink with the handles to show it is active the selection shows up white which is just about impossible to see. This doesn't always happen and it can go to working properly ( pink ) to white from one design to another without closing the program. I have no idea what I am doing differently ( if at all) or how to fix it. The second relates to using embossed fills- I can't ! I can create a shape from the relevant fill tools but there are no design styles to choose from in the drop down box. This happens whether I select Embossed fill from the Object details box first or create the shape first , even with a weaving fill first and then try to change to embossed. Any clues ? I don't do a lot of digitizing but thought I had been using the program long enough to know the basics. Hope you or someone else can assist me.
Sue


Re: surprise!

Pinguin
 

I think Janome hurts the dealer by their policy. And I also find it rather arrogant. I would almost suggest to not show any interest until March next year. But that would hurt the dealer more than Janome.



--- In janome12000@..., <jim@...> wrote:

With every new model Janome has released there have always been one or more dealers that have shown it early. RN's dealer was one of those who broke it early - not her fault, as she had no way of knowing that it was supposed to be hidden. Personally I think it's ridiculous to hide the machine until October. A machine with a $12,000 price tag is not something you buy in an afternoon like a Starbucks coffee. Most people are going to want to try it, think about it, look at the budget, etc. As a former dealer, while I did honor Janome's request to embargo new models, I would rather have shown them so that when I finally did get machines I would have some customers ready to take one home on day 1. Janome has videos on their website showing features of the new machine, so it's hardly a secret.

--- In janome12000@..., "hshocraf" <hshocraf@...> wrote:
>
> I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.
>
> Vicki


Re: Mono Poly thread from Superior

Cheryl Paul
 

Pat,  I think that I wound the bobbin on my 12000 or 7700 and used the foot feed so the speed would have varied some, but I know that I wouldn't have gone full speed as I know this thread can stretch as it is poly.  I didn't know that you could buy monopoly in pre-wounds but if they come from Superior, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.  The pre-wound I'm using on my HoopSisters embroidered blocks is from Teradon Embroideries an I purchased a box (144 bobbins of white) from Terri and Don Hansen at the Indian Embroidery Conference several years ago.  I love them as they hold so much more thread than what I can wind on them myself, and they are so much less expensive than Janome's pre-wounds.   I suggest you try them with a practices block and see how you like them first.  Is your machine perscnity and troublesome?  Mine has caused me no real grief with the exception on one bobbin case spinning out and my embroidery unit, which I've talked about in a previous post.  The trouble was just bothersome at the time of the trouble.


Cheryl - Saskatoon



--- In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thank you, Cheryl.  When you wound your own bobbin did you do it very slowly as Jim suggested?   I was hoping maybe to use the prewounds from Superior so I could eliminate that risk of winding the stuff.   Maybe I will give them a try with the yellow dot bobbin case. 
I appreciate your sharing your experiences.

Pat


On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM, <capaul@...> wrote:


Pat,


I have used Superior monofilament thread and had no problem with it.  I did wind my own bobbin with it though.  I have also used pre-wounds of embroidery thread that were not Janome and with my "yellow dot" bobbin case I've had no issues - they were the Class 15 bobbins and they are a bit thinner than the ones I buy with no thread on them, but they don't rattle and sew just the same as the others as they are the correct size for the Janome machine.  I've used about 25 so far on my HoopSisters Feathered Star as I'm not doing the backing on this quilt so don't change the bobbin to colours as they tell me to and I've not had a single incident with them.


Cheryl - Saskatoon 



--- In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I have a question about using the class 15 ( A style) prewound bobbins -- prewound with the Mono Poly thread from Superior.

With prewounds I have never used anything but the prewound Janome bobbins and I am reluctant to try another prewound brand as I am afraid they will be just a tad less thick and maybe bounce around in the bobbin case.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Also is this a good monofilament thread to use in the top for some quilting?   I have never used monofilament and know that not all are created equally... This one is supposed to be a good one.

Any advice or answers will be much appreciated.

Pat




Re: New 15000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

With every new model Janome has released there have always been one or more dealers that have shown it early. RN's dealer was one of those who broke it early - not her fault, as she had no way of knowing that it was supposed to be hidden. Personally I think it's ridiculous to hide the machine until October. A machine with a $12,000 price tag is not something you buy in an afternoon like a Starbucks coffee. Most people are going to want to try it, think about it, look at the budget, etc. As a former dealer, while I did honor Janome's request to embargo new models, I would rather have shown them so that when I finally did get machines I would have some customers ready to take one home on day 1. Janome has videos on their website showing features of the new machine, so it's hardly a secret.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "hshocraf" <hshocraf@...> wrote:

I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.

Vicki


Re: 15000

Skeeter
 

The MC15000 does come with an acrylic extension table!
Leta
 

From: dawsewmad
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 3:11 PM
Subject: [janome12000] 15000
 
 

Hi I'm trading in my 12000 on the new machine and would like to know if I need to keep my acrylic extension table or does the new machine come with one?
Dawn


Re: 15000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Yes the 15000 comes with its own acrylic table so you can let the one you have go with the 12000.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "dawsewmad" <dawsewmad@...> wrote:

Hi I'm trading in my 12000 on the new machine and would like to know if I need to keep my acrylic extension table or does the new machine come with one?
Dawn


15000

dawsewmad
 

Hi I'm trading in my 12000 on the new machine and would like to know if I need to keep my acrylic extension table or does the new machine come with one?
Dawn