Date   

Re: loops on top

cladydi328@...
 

Jim, Please help. I am embroidering a hoopsisters quilt. It is the star and feather(new one). Doing the embroidery I am starting to get loops on top. I have a new needle and have slowed down the machine. What else do I need to do? The embroidery on the first square had maybe three loops but on it, this second one I've already gotten 5 and am not finished. It was digitized by Sharon Shombler and it is beautiful. Please help. The material and thread is too expensive for this to mess up.
Thanks,
Diane in NC


 
 
>
>


Re: using the convertible free motion set on the Janome 12000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

No, you can't even get it on. The automatic presser foot lifting mechanism interferes with the attachment of the foot.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hello,
does anyone know if I can safely use the convertibel free motion set
from my 6600 on the Janome 12000 (not the disc, that is for 7 mm) It is
just that I like the little metal open foot a lot.

Thanks,
Gerda


using the convertible free motion set on the Janome 12000

Pinguin
 

Hello,
does anyone know if I can safely use the convertibel free motion set from my 6600 on the Janome 12000 (not the disc, that is for 7 mm) It is just that I like the little metal open foot a lot.

Thanks,
Gerda


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

m1955seamstress
 

Thanks, Jim!  I appreciate your advice! I wish I could shuck this computer but stuck with it now!  

Marla 

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2013, at 4:53 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

 

Contact Trevor through the Sunset Stitches website (www.sunsetstitches.com) to see about getting the DVD. I'm sure he can help.

Windows 8 appears to be Microsoft's attempt at making a combination toaster & blender, and it fails on both counts. With the exception of Janome software, I have eliminated Windows from my life. When I need Windows I use Windows 7.

When you sign up for a webinar you will get an email directing you to a web page. Click that link and you should find information on testing your computer's connectivity, as well as fixing any problems you may have.

--- In janome12000@..., "m1955seamstress" wrote:
>
> Jim,
> No, I didn't get that DVD. I had the Digitizer Pro, I believe, with my 11000. When I upgraded to the 12000, my dealer at the time as part of the deal threw in the upgrade to the MBX but I didn't receive that DVD. Is that something I can order? My dealer went out of business. I've been talking with another store when I have questions, but not sure if they could get me this DVD.
>
> I tried earlier to go to Janome's webinar on MBX but had trouble as I think I may need to load something to view it. I'm guessing this gentleman's webinar would be better.
>
> I have Windows 8 now (ugh). Regretting it I think!
>
> Anyway, when I have time and can figure out how to run it, I will take a look. Any advice on how to go about viewing these webinars on Windows 8?!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Marla


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Contact Trevor through the Sunset Stitches website (www.sunsetstitches.com) to see about getting the DVD. I'm sure he can help.

Windows 8 appears to be Microsoft's attempt at making a combination toaster & blender, and it fails on both counts. With the exception of Janome software, I have eliminated Windows from my life. When I need Windows I use Windows 7.

When you sign up for a webinar you will get an email directing you to a web page. Click that link and you should find information on testing your computer's connectivity, as well as fixing any problems you may have.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "m1955seamstress" <m1955seamstress@...> wrote:

Jim,
No, I didn't get that DVD. I had the Digitizer Pro, I believe, with my 11000. When I upgraded to the 12000, my dealer at the time as part of the deal threw in the upgrade to the MBX but I didn't receive that DVD. Is that something I can order? My dealer went out of business. I've been talking with another store when I have questions, but not sure if they could get me this DVD.

I tried earlier to go to Janome's webinar on MBX but had trouble as I think I may need to load something to view it. I'm guessing this gentleman's webinar would be better.

I have Windows 8 now (ugh). Regretting it I think!

Anyway, when I have time and can figure out how to run it, I will take a look. Any advice on how to go about viewing these webinars on Windows 8?!

Thanks!

Marla


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

m1955seamstress
 

Jim,
No, I didn't get that DVD. I had the Digitizer Pro, I believe, with my 11000. When I upgraded to the 12000, my dealer at the time as part of the deal threw in the upgrade to the MBX but I didn't receive that DVD. Is that something I can order? My dealer went out of business. I've been talking with another store when I have questions, but not sure if they could get me this DVD.

I tried earlier to go to Janome's webinar on MBX but had trouble as I think I may need to load something to view it. I'm guessing this gentleman's webinar would be better.

I have Windows 8 now (ugh). Regretting it I think!

Anyway, when I have time and can figure out how to run it, I will take a look. Any advice on how to go about viewing these webinars on Windows 8?!

Thanks!

Marla

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

Marla,

Did you get Trevor Conquergood's DVD with your copy of MBX? That's a much better way to get started than the owner's manual. You can also pick up a lot of good information from his website, where he offers frequent webinars:
http://www.sunsetstitches.com

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "m1955seamstress" <m1955seamstress@> wrote:



--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, maggie cooper <maggiecoops@> wrote:

''When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.''
 
Marla, normally that doesnt always show up, it isnt something to worry about if you see it again, its just Corel creating the graphic that is included with the stitch file.
Maggie Cooper
Maggie,
Thanks for that information. It is still flashing something this morning, so like you say, guess I won't be concerned!

I really need a course on digitizing and for that matter using computers in general! I just don't use the digitizing program enough and then have to relearn the little that I do know! I had the entire manual printed at a printers so I can study up on digitizing someday! ;) I really need a course but I'm not aware of any in the vicinity. My closest Janome dealer is over an hour away. Sorry, just venting, I guess. I do love Janome but wish there were better training classes available for digitizing, etc! ;)


Thanks for your help!

Marla


Re: 1/4 inch foot and buttonhole foot

janetpiekarski
 

Did anyone mention the stabilizing plate for the buttonholes?? That's what it for! Uneven surfaces...

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:

ARgh!!!Just want to share my frustration that the 0 foot (1/4 inch) and the clear quilting foot don't have a full 9 mm opening! You need to have the wide plate in, to have the needle go far right, but there is no sensor to prevent you from accidently forgetting that your needle was in far left postition. I was topstitching with needle far left, then switched to the clear foot, and, now I have a broken needle and broken foot. At least with my Bernina, when I'd forget, the needle would break, but the foot was metal and unaffected. I like all the markings on that clear foot, and as it comes with a center guide, it would be so useful to be able to work with the whole 9mm width, and not have to worry about breaking it! there are quite a few prescision sewing suggestions I could make to janome, for example, we need a buttonhole foot that can be locked straight/flat, instead of hinging. It is almost impossible to get a decent looking buttonhole (it IS impossible with the R foot) on a toddler dress at the neck when you have a bias binding and piping around the neckline. The height difference causes the foot to hinge up or down, and it won't move! I have to use the F foot, do the manual settings for the length and the jean a ma jig (and still usually have to unstitch at least once)...or get my Bernina out.

Speaking of buttonholes, is there a way to adjust the density on just the right side, or the left side, not the whole buttonhole?

for those of us who have more than one brand sewing machine, wouldn't it be nice to be able to put all our favorite features on ONE machine?

the VD foot is my new favorite for quilt piecing (especailly now that I BROKE my clear foot....did I mention I broke my foot?). the edge of the foot is 1/4 inch from the needle, so I can use center needle position and the straight stitch plate (which won't allow me to forget and pick a stitch I can break a needle on!) for precision stitching and not lose triangle points. You just need to have a little starter piece, as this foot pulls from the back, not near the needle. It's also the best for using with the circular sewing attachment, too. And I still love how beautifully my fabric gathers using the preset gathering function, and this machine has the best straight stitch, top and bottom, of any machine I've ever owned. My topstitching is gorgeous, if I may say so myself!

Ok, need to find a new needle, and get my sewing done. Barbara Jean


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Marla,

Did you get Trevor Conquergood's DVD with your copy of MBX? That's a much better way to get started than the owner's manual. You can also pick up a lot of good information from his website, where he offers frequent webinars:
http://www.sunsetstitches.com

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "m1955seamstress" <m1955seamstress@...> wrote:



--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, maggie cooper <maggiecoops@> wrote:

''When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.''
 
Marla, normally that doesnt always show up, it isnt something to worry about if you see it again, its just Corel creating the graphic that is included with the stitch file.
Maggie Cooper
Maggie,
Thanks for that information. It is still flashing something this morning, so like you say, guess I won't be concerned!

I really need a course on digitizing and for that matter using computers in general! I just don't use the digitizing program enough and then have to relearn the little that I do know! I had the entire manual printed at a printers so I can study up on digitizing someday! ;) I really need a course but I'm not aware of any in the vicinity. My closest Janome dealer is over an hour away. Sorry, just venting, I guess. I do love Janome but wish there were better training classes available for digitizing, etc! ;)


Thanks for your help!

Marla


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

m1955seamstress
 

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, maggie cooper <maggiecoops@...> wrote:

''When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.''
 
Marla, normally that doesnt always show up, it isnt something to worry about if you see it again, its just Corel creating the graphic that is included with the stitch file.
Maggie Cooper
Maggie,
Thanks for that information. It is still flashing something this morning, so like you say, guess I won't be concerned!

I really need a course on digitizing and for that matter using computers in general! I just don't use the digitizing program enough and then have to relearn the little that I do know! I had the entire manual printed at a printers so I can study up on digitizing someday! ;) I really need a course but I'm not aware of any in the vicinity. My closest Janome dealer is over an hour away. Sorry, just venting, I guess. I do love Janome but wish there were better training classes available for digitizing, etc! ;)


Thanks for your help!

Marla


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

maggie cooper
 

''When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.''
 
Marla, normally that doesnt always show up, it isnt something to worry about if you see it again, its just Corel creating the graphic that is included with the stitch file.
Maggie Cooper


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

No. Digitizer MBX is the ultimate tool for creating your own designs, but if you just want to send designs to your machine or USB stick, Horizon Link will do the job.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, cladydi328@... wrote:


Do you have to have the MBX?
Diane in NC






Hi,
I haven't used my Digitizer MBX for awhile and we got a new computer in December with Windows 8. I'm not sure if that's the problem or user error, but I did some lettering and I'm trying to send the design to my 12000. I'm pretty sure the cable is hooked up to the computer but having problems!

When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.

I'm lost here! Perhaps my DH can help me when he gets home but hoping someone has some words of wisdom for me!

Thanks,
Marla (Indiana)


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

m1955seamstress
 

Jim,
Thanks. I discovered that after going to Janome's website. My husband and I updated the software and I just now sent the design to my machine! We did all the updates including the one for Windows 8 and also updated the Horizon Link software.

Everything seems to be working now!

Thanks again,
Marla

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

There is an update for MBX that addresses this:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40m.html

There is also an update for Windows 8 users:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_v4_win8.html

Install both updates and let us know whether that fixes the problem.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "m1955seamstress" <m1955seamstress@> wrote:

Hi,
I haven't used my Digitizer MBX for awhile and we got a new computer in December with Windows 8. I'm not sure if that's the problem or user error, but I did some lettering and I'm trying to send the design to my 12000. I'm pretty sure the cable is hooked up to the computer but having problems!

When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.

I'm lost here! Perhaps my DH can help me when he gets home but hoping someone has some words of wisdom for me!

Thanks,
Marla (Indiana)


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

cladydi328@...
 

Do you have to have  the MBX?
Diane in NC


 
Hi,
I haven't used my Digitizer MBX for awhile and we got a new computer in December with Windows 8. I'm not sure if that's the problem or user error, but I did some lettering and I'm trying to send the design to my 12000. I'm pretty sure the cable is hooked up to the computer but having problems!

When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.

I'm lost here! Perhaps my DH can help me when he gets home but hoping someone has some words of wisdom for me!

Thanks,
Marla (Indiana)


Re: Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

There is an update for MBX that addresses this:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_mbx_v40m.html

There is also an update for Windows 8 users:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/digitizer_v4_win8.html

Install both updates and let us know whether that fixes the problem.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "m1955seamstress" <m1955seamstress@...> wrote:

Hi,
I haven't used my Digitizer MBX for awhile and we got a new computer in December with Windows 8. I'm not sure if that's the problem or user error, but I did some lettering and I'm trying to send the design to my 12000. I'm pretty sure the cable is hooked up to the computer but having problems!

When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.

I'm lost here! Perhaps my DH can help me when he gets home but hoping someone has some words of wisdom for me!

Thanks,
Marla (Indiana)


Messages 4932 to 4962

Sandy Chandler <curvemaster@...>
 

Hello everyone who either wondered if the Curve Master Presser Foot would fit the Janome 12000, or who had difficulty attaching it to the 12000, I have answers! I am the originator of the Curve Master. I am currently at the a international Quilt Festival in Cincinnati and spent time with the good folks with Janome yesterday. We successfully attached and sewed with the Curve Master in these two ways: 1) using the #4 adapter which comes with the Curve Master, making certain it is all the way up underneath the screw and also tightened all the way down square and flush against the metal shaft of the machine. Lower the Presser foot before lowering the needle and be sure the setting is for straight stitch. Lower the needle by hand wheel and be sure it does not strike the adapter. Any "noise" made when sewing will resolve after a few sewn seams. 2) use the Janome part called "MC 11000 Foot Holder" in place of the 12000 foot holder. The Curve Master will clip onto it perfectly. The price is around $9-12 or so and will allow you to use other clip on feet on the 12000. If you have any questions please email me and I'll be. Glad to help! Thank you all for your interest.


Sending Embroidery Design to 12000

m1955seamstress
 

Hi,
I haven't used my Digitizer MBX for awhile and we got a new computer in December with Windows 8. I'm not sure if that's the problem or user error, but I did some lettering and I'm trying to send the design to my 12000. I'm pretty sure the cable is hooked up to the computer but having problems!

When I click to send the design to the machine a message flashes very quickly that says something about Graphics Mode. It flashes very quickly so hard to read. I clicked on the icon for graphics mode but not sure why it's wanting me to go to Graphics Mode.

I'm lost here! Perhaps my DH can help me when he gets home but hoping someone has some words of wisdom for me!

Thanks,
Marla (Indiana)


Re: 1/4 inch foot and buttonhole foot

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Start with the Applications (T-shirt) key. On the bottom of the first page touch the "Gathering" button. On the next screen touch "Gathering".

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, jtarateta <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi, where can I find the preset gathering function on my screen?

Thanks,
Joann Tarateta


Re: 1/4 inch foot and buttonhole foot

jtarateta <no_reply@...>
 

Hi, where can I find the preset gathering function on my screen?

Thanks,
Joann Tarateta


janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:


ARgh!!!Just want to share my frustration that the 0 foot (1/4 inch) and the clear quilting foot don't have a full 9 mm opening! You need to have the wide plate in, to have the needle go far right, but there is no sensor to prevent you from accidently forgetting that your needle was in far left postition. I was topstitching with needle far left, then switched to the clear foot, and, now I have a broken needle and broken foot. At least with my Bernina, when I'd forget, the needle would break, but the foot was metal and unaffected. I like all the markings on that clear foot, and as it comes with a center guide, it would be so useful to be able to work with the whole 9mm width, and not have to worry about breaking it! there are quite a few prescision sewing suggestions I could make to janome, for example, we need a buttonhole foot that can be locked straight/flat, instead of hinging. It is almost impossible to get a decent looking buttonhole (it IS impossible with the R foot) on a toddler dress at the neck when you have a bias binding and piping around the neckline. The height difference causes the foot to hinge up or down, and it won't move! I have to use the F foot, do the manual settings for the length and the jean a ma jig (and still usually have to unstitch at least once)...or get my Bernina out.

Speaking of buttonholes, is there a way to adjust the density on just the right side, or the left side, not the whole buttonhole?

for those of us who have more than one brand sewing machine, wouldn't it be nice to be able to put all our favorite features on ONE machine?

the VD foot is my new favorite for quilt piecing (especailly now that I BROKE my clear foot....did I mention I broke my foot?). the edge of the foot is 1/4 inch from the needle, so I can use center needle position and the straight stitch plate (which won't allow me to forget and pick a stitch I can break a needle on!) for precision stitching and not lose triangle points. You just need to have a little starter piece, as this foot pulls from the back, not near the needle. It's also the best for using with the circular sewing attachment, too. And I still love how beautifully my fabric gathers using the preset gathering function, and this machine has the best straight stitch, top and bottom, of any machine I've ever owned. My topstitching is gorgeous, if I may say so myself!

Ok, need to find a new needle, and get my sewing done. Barbara Jean


Re: Sewing Machine Cabinet

mshybridhauler <landlgreer@...>
 

I had my table made by a local woodworker. Since I quilt with my machine, I had it made 7 feet, with a place cut out for the machine. When I want to embroidery, all I have to do is take the machine out of the cut out and put the cover back on. The cover is like a leaf in a dining table. I love it, and it only cost 350.00, and it's made out of Maple wood.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "LJ" <LJsewngo@...> wrote:

Check out http://www.traceystables.com/
He builds nice units, very stable.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "shejmartin1" <shejmartin1@> wrote:

I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.


Re: new user -- How can I quilt a 12" block

Donna Morton
 

Use your Acufil Software to layout any quilting design you already have.  It works like a charm.
 
Donna M
Canada
 

From: jtarateta
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:13 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: new user -- How can I quilt a 12" block
 
 

Thank you but I did not that software -- I do have the Florini MDQ -- but not sure if that does the same thing.

Thanks

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, Fmjfrazier@... wrote:
>
> If you wish to quilt a larger block than the hoop allows then you can multi
> hoop with software like MBX and create your hooping in the software, or
> use your templates and quilt in sections.
>
>
> In a message dated 4/8/2013 3:06:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com writes:
>
>
>
>
> I have the AcuFil™ Quilting kit but the hoop is only 9"x9" -- any
> suggestion on the best way to hoop and quilt a 12" block.
>
> Thank you,
> Joann
>