Date   

Re: Janome 12000 for sale

Barbara Bathe <bbathe@...>
 

Hi,
I live in Maine.
Barbara

Sent from my iPad


Re: Stitch Creator/Loading Stitches

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

It's possible, but too soon to tell. We'll have to see what the 9900 software does with them.

--- In janome12000@..., "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@...> wrote:

Another question regarding stitches and embroidery designs - are the ones in
the 12000 in the same formats as those in the 9900?



Vikki

Houston, TX



From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On
Behalf Of joylaytor
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:36 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Stitch Creator/Loading Stitches





Jim,

I started a new topic on the Stitch Creator because the previous one seems
to have gotten buried. Gerda asked if there was a way to load existing
stitches. There is, but I don't see all of the stitches that are on our
machines. Here is what I have discovered. Open Stitch Composer and click
on the little yellow folder at the top left. It will let you open an
existing stitch data file. If it doesn't already open to the proper folder,
navigate to the folder Program Files&#92;Janome&#92;HorizonLink&#92;Sample&#92;Created
Stitches. There are several stitches from the machine (and any you have
created yourself). The machine stitches just have S01, S02 or S35, etc and
no picture. You can click on one of them and it will display on the screen.
You can alter it by clicking on the "point/move" icon on the upper left.
This changes the blue "nodes" on the stitch to reddish nodes. You can move
the nodes as you wish. Be sure to click the "Save As" icon and save the
stitch under another name so you don't overwrite the original.



I would really like to know why we can't see all of the machine stitches.
Any ideas?

Joy



_____

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3272 / Virus Database: 3162/6230 - Release Date: 04/07/13


Re: Stitch Creator/Loading Stitches

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

The only stitches that Janome made available are the ones you found. This is likely due to the fact that they are stored formatted in a different way for Stitch Creator than the way the machine actually uses them, sort of like the way that MBX creates embroidery designs in JAN format, but the machine likes them in JEF. Because of this, you only get the stitches that Janome chose to make available instead of all those in the machine.

For those navigating to the stitch data folder on a 64-bit Windows computer, the first folder will be "Program Files (X86)".

--- In janome12000@..., "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

Jim,I started a new topic on the Stitch Creator because the previous one
seems to have gotten buried. Gerda asked if there was a way to load
existing stitches. There is, but I don't see all of the stitches that
are on our machines. Here is what I have discovered. Open Stitch
Composer and click on the little yellow folder at the top left. It will
let you open an existing stitch data file. If it doesn't already open to
the proper folder, navigate to the folder Program
Files&#92;Janome&#92;HorizonLink&#92;Sample&#92;Created Stitches. There are several
stitches from the machine (and any you have created yourself). The
machine stitches just have S01, S02 or S35, etc and no picture. You can
click on one of them and it will display on the screen. You can alter
it by clicking on the "point/move" icon on the upper left. This changes
the blue "nodes" on the stitch to reddish nodes. You can move the
nodes as you wish. Be sure to click the "Save As" icon and save the
stitch under another name so you don't overwrite the original.
I would really like to know why we can't see all of the machine
stitches. Any ideas?Joy


Re: Stitch Creator/Loading Stitches

Vikki Youngmeyer
 

Another question regarding stitches and embroidery designs – are the ones in the 12000 in the same formats as those in the 9900?

 

Vikki

Houston, TX

 

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of joylaytor
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:36 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Stitch Creator/Loading Stitches

 

 

Jim,

I started a new topic on the Stitch Creator because the previous one seems to have gotten buried.  Gerda asked if there was a way to load existing stitches.  There is, but I don't see all of the stitches that are on our machines.  Here is what I have discovered.  Open Stitch Composer and click on the little yellow folder at the top left.  It will let you open an existing stitch data file. If it doesn't already open to the proper folder,  navigate to the folder Program Files\Janome\HorizonLink\Sample\Created Stitches.  There are several stitches from the machine (and any you have created yourself).  The machine stitches just have S01, S02 or S35, etc and no picture.  You can click on one of them and it will display on the screen.  You can alter it by clicking on the "point/move" icon on the upper left.  This changes the  blue "nodes" on the stitch to reddish nodes.  You can move the nodes as you wish.  Be sure to click the "Save As" icon and save the stitch under another name so you don't overwrite the original.

 

I would really like to know why we can't see all of the machine stitches.  Any ideas?

Joy


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3272 / Virus Database: 3162/6230 - Release Date: 04/07/13


Janome 12000 for sale

Donna Clendaniel
 

What state do you live in?



From: "bbathe46"
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2013 2:17:32 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Janome 12000 for sale

 

Hi,
Thanks for letting me put the machine for sale here. I know most of you already have one so you know how wonderful these machines are. Maybe you want a second one :) my machine is around 6 months old with very little use. I know everyone always says that but I teach classes for a local Viking dealer in both the sewing and embroidery software and I mainly use my Designer Diamond. I also have the new AcuFil Quilt kit with the big 230mm x 230 mm hoop that I will include. I am asking $5995 or best reasonable offer. I am the only owner and I just got it checked over by my dealer and he was amazed that there wasn't even any lint in it. I am trying to avoid the whole eBay thing. I have all the original boxes and accessories and can provide pictures if anyone would like to see them Thanks!,
Barbara


Stitch Creator/Loading Stitches

joylaytor
 

Jim,
I started a new topic on the Stitch Creator because the previous one seems to have gotten buried.  Gerda asked if there was a way to load existing stitches.  There is, but I don't see all of the stitches that are on our machines.  Here is what I have discovered.  Open Stitch Composer and click on the little yellow folder at the top left.  It will let you open an existing stitch data file. If it doesn't already open to the proper folder,  navigate to the folder Program Files\Janome\HorizonLink\Sample\Created Stitches.  There are several stitches from the machine (and any you have created yourself).  The machine stitches just have S01, S02 or S35, etc and no picture.  You can click on one of them and it will display on the screen.  You can alter it by clicking on the "point/move" icon on the upper left.  This changes the  blue "nodes" on the stitch to reddish nodes.  You can move the nodes as you wish.  Be sure to click the "Save As" icon and save the stitch under another name so you don't overwrite the original.

I would really like to know why we can't see all of the machine stitches.  Any ideas?
Joy


Re: 12000 embroidery arm

Margaret <marhall57@...>
 

Sherry - Bring your machine in and I'll take a look at it. Please don't try to embroider again until you've had it checked.

--- In janome12000@..., "sscharra" <sscharra@...> wrote:

I tried to embroider with the 12000, the arm would not move into the correct position. After rebooting and putting the embroidery unit on and off several times it finally went into position. But when the embroidery wanted to go back to another position I had a horirible gringing noise.

Anybody having problems with the Embroidery arm?


Janome 12000 for sale

bbathe46 <bbathe@...>
 

Hi,
Thanks for letting me put the machine for sale here. I know most of you already have one so you know how wonderful these machines are. Maybe you want a second one :) my machine is around 6 months old with very little use. I know everyone always says that but I teach classes for a local Viking dealer in both the sewing and embroidery software and I mainly use my Designer Diamond. I also have the new AcuFil Quilt kit with the big 230mm x 230 mm hoop that I will include. I am asking $5995 or best reasonable offer. I am the only owner and I just got it checked over by my dealer and he was amazed that there wasn't even any lint in it. I am trying to avoid the whole eBay thing. I have all the original boxes and accessories and can provide pictures if anyone would like to see them Thanks!,
Barbara


Re: embroidery compared to Bernina

sandy k
 

My 12000 is superior to my mb-4 stitch outs. 

SandyK Magnolia Springs Quilts
From my iPhone 

On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Alice Cromer <acromer@...> wrote:

 

Thank you, Kanga! This is exactly what I needed to know.

Alice

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "berninahusq" <berninahusq@...> wrote:

 

Hi Alice,

You compared your stitch outs comparing your MB4 and the MC12000. I don't have a MB4 but I do have a commercial 16-needle Melco Amaya XT. Needless to say the Amaya XT has a higher stitch quality than my BERNINAs, Pfaffs, Vikings and the MC12000, since it is a commercial machine.

For comparison, I stitched out the same design on my MC12000, BERNINA 830 Limited Edition and my Amaya XT. All machines were set to embroider at their highest speeds, the BERNINA 830 LE and the MC12000 at up 1,000 spm and the Amaya XT up to 1,500 spm.

The BERNINA 830 Limited Edition embroidery stitch quality was close to the quality of the Amaya XT stitch outs and was noticeably better than the MC12000.

Cheers,
Kanga


Re: Janome's newest machine

lawson.emmalouise <lawson.emmalouise@...>
 

The new MC9900 looks fab its hitting dealerships in my area this week so i wont be able to resist having a play! I love the idea of the new quick set bobbin & the new bobbin winder they look set to make life much easier, if only they were on the 12000!!! There is a Janome Memory Craft 9900 group, it looks as though the group has only just started with it being a new machine but I think that will be the place to go for the inside scoop from owners of the new machine! Emma

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

This should happen in August, at Janome Institute.

--- In janome12000@..., doherty4@ wrote:

I wish Janome would come out a replacement for the 350E - embroidery
only - that will do the larger hoops! That's what I'm waiting for -
think that may ever happen [:|] ?!
Deb (KY)
<br>--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@>
wrote:<br>><br>> It's a replacement for the 9500 & 9700, which are
sewing/embroidery combination machines. We did not attend the trade show
that it was unveiled in, so we'll wait for the website to update on the
first:<br>> http://janomespecials.com/mc9900/teaser.htm<br>> <br>> ---
In janome12000@..., "brendatho" brendatho@ wrote:<br>>
<br>> > I wonder if Jim knows if the new Janome 9900 is going to be an
embroidery only machine. I was ready to purchase the 12000, but then I
heard that Janome is comming out with a new machine on the 1st of March.
So, do I wait to find out what it will be or buy now.<br>> > Brenda<br>>
<br>><br>


Re: embroidery compared to Bernina

Alice Cromer <acromer@...>
 

Thank you, Kanga! This is exactly what I needed to know.

Alice

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "berninahusq" <berninahusq@...> wrote:

 

Hi Alice,

You compared your stitch outs comparing your MB4 and the MC12000. I don't have a MB4 but I do have a commercial 16-needle Melco Amaya XT. Needless to say the Amaya XT has a higher stitch quality than my BERNINAs, Pfaffs, Vikings and the MC12000, since it is a commercial machine.

For comparison, I stitched out the same design on my MC12000, BERNINA 830 Limited Edition and my Amaya XT. All machines were set to embroider at their highest speeds, the BERNINA 830 LE and the MC12000 at up 1,000 spm and the Amaya XT up to 1,500 spm.

The BERNINA 830 Limited Edition embroidery stitch quality was close to the quality of the Amaya XT stitch outs and was noticeably better than the MC12000.

Cheers,
Kanga


Re: 12000 embroidery arm

llusby
 

I had this problem. Have your service person check the "male/female" connection of the embroidery module and the sewing machine. I had a bent wire inside and the service man had to heat the wire and bend it back into shape. Works great now. Hope that made sense.

Sent from my iPad


Re: Sewing Machine Cabinet

ohsewmeo
 

The 'Joey' cabinet by Koaola (not sure if I spelled that right) comes with a great storage cabinet with drawers and the removable wooden plate for the top left drawer for extra surface area and the table opening fits the 12000 perfectly for table surface sewing. To use the embroidery unit, you do need to raise the machine bed to the table surface height, but that's easy as it is a nice airlift mechanism. It also comes with an adjustable sewing chair and an adorable Momma Kangaroo with a 'Joey' in her pouch. I ordered mine from a company in Texas, I think it was called AllSewingDirect.com or something very similar. The price was right and the service and delivery were excellent.

--- In janome12000@..., "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@...> wrote:

I bought a new Horn cabinet that has an electric lift (no more pushing and pulling on the machine to raise and/or lower it), it's just like a ququilters dream with the big extension on the back. In addition there is a plate you put on the drawer when you pull it out that gives you lots of room to the left and in front of the machine. I LOVE it!!

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@> wrote:

I use a regular Horn cabinet, pulled out from the wall enough to
accomodate the embroidery arm with an extra inch or so for maneuvering.
Vicki Jo
On 4/4/2013 6:12 PM, shejmartin1 wrote:
I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.


Re: embroidery compared to Bernina

berninahusq
 

Hi Alice,

You compared your stitch outs comparing your MB4 and the MC12000. I don't have a MB4 but I do have a commercial 16-needle Melco Amaya XT. Needless to say the Amaya XT has a higher stitch quality than my BERNINAs, Pfaffs, Vikings and the MC12000, since it is a commercial machine.

For comparison, I stitched out the same design on my MC12000, BERNINA 830 Limited Edition and my Amaya XT. All machines were set to embroider at their highest speeds, the BERNINA 830 LE and the MC12000 at up 1,000 spm and the Amaya XT up to 1,500 spm.

The BERNINA 830 Limited Edition embroidery stitch quality was close to the quality of the Amaya XT stitch outs and was noticeably better than the MC12000.

Cheers,
Kanga


Re: Sewing Machine Cabinet

LJ <LJsewngo@...>
 

Check out http://www.traceystables.com/
He builds nice units, very stable.

--- In janome12000@..., "shejmartin1" <shejmartin1@...> wrote:

I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.


Re: 12000 for sale

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Yes, you can do that. Keep in mind though that you are addressing a group that mostly already has the machine.

--- In janome12000@..., "bbathe46" <bbathe@...> wrote:

Hello,
Am I allowed to post about my machine for sake if I have people email me privately? Thanks!
Barbara. ( from cold windy Maine)


Re: 12000 embroidery arm

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

There has been at least one other person who had a similar problem, which was due to thread getting caught in the embroidery arm mechanism. You will need to have your dealer correct this.

--- In janome12000@..., "sscharra" <sscharra@...> wrote:

I tried to embroider with the 12000, the arm would not move into the correct position. After rebooting and putting the embroidery unit on and off several times it finally went into position. But when the embroidery wanted to go back to another position I had a horirible gringing noise.

Anybody having problems with the Embroidery arm?


Re: 12000 for sale

Kathy <beadqueen@...>
 

--- In janome12000@..., "bbathe46" <bbathe@...> wrote:

Hello,
Am I allowed to post about my machine for sake if I have people email me privately? Thanks!
Barbara. ( from cold windy Maine)
Why do you want to sell such a beautiful machine?
Kathy


12000 for sale

bbathe46 <bbathe@...>
 

Hello,
Am I allowed to post about my machine for sake if I have people email me privately? Thanks!
Barbara. ( from cold windy Maine)


Re: Sewing Machine Cabinet

JoanV
 

The 12000 does need a lot of space when embroidering, which meant I needed to pull my horn cabinet away from the wall when in that mode. After researching the newer Horn cabinets which will take the 12000 I decided to ask a carpenter to install some 80 cm kitchen worktop fixed to the wall but with three bedside cabinets to support the weight.

Installed as a corner space roughly 130cm x 220cm but fixed at a lower height so that the needle is at the level that it would be if it were in the lift of a Horn cabinet. There is now a lot more space for a volume of fabric and to put down the scissors and pins.

The bedside cabinets from Dunelm Mill were the only thing we could find at the required height of 60cm but they are quite nice looking oak with three drawers. The complete job cost less than a new Cabinet big enough to take the 12000.

I am well pleased with the outcome and the Horn cabinet is now against another wall and houses the overlocker and two other machines when necessary. I should perhaps add that I am not very tall at 5ft 2in, you would need to take your own height into consideration to avoid stress on your back.

Best regards from UK, Joan

Hope this is helpful. Joan in UK

--- In janome12000@..., "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@...> wrote:

I bought a new Horn cabinet that has an electric lift (no more pushing and pulling on the machine to raise and/or lower it), it's just like a ququilters dream with the big extension on the back. In