Date   

Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

June E Hudspeth
 

What a great email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Thank you so much; I have save this for future reference.

 

Super, super and even more super.

 

Thanks!

 

June/Sacramento

 

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of favymtz
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:50 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

 

Horizon Link Suite:
To answer Kathy's question, she wished she knew "the best way to save what we create in HLS."
This may be a roundabout way of explaining what I think is the best way, but if it's relevant to whomever is reading this, I hope you can follow!

When Horizon Link Suite is installed it wants to install by default into the C drive.
Therefore the main installation files will reside in C Drive: (this path shows Horizon Link for the 12000 machine)

Within the folder are the subfolders which contain the built in embroidery designs and other operating files.
(I don't want to confuse you, but my current computer has it's main storage on the D drive NOT the C drive. And because of that my HLS is installed in D, not C.
And because of that, my HLS doesn't operate like most; my HLS Edit Embroidery is unable to open the "Design" folder directly when I click on it. (Instead it's just one of several places that I can choose)



When the user would like to access the files more frequently and easier, it's possible to also copy those files into a folder that's more easily gotten to.
So because of that, I created my new Horizon Link Suite folder in D also.
(Depending on your system you will need to decide which is best for you.
If your computer has plenty of storage space in C then make your Horizon Link Suite folder in C).
In the "Horizon Link Suite" folder I copied all of the built in designs and stx files. 
This is my working folder for HLS. When I'm working in Stitch Composer for example, after I have created & tested a stitch, I will save the new stitch in this working folder, NOT the HLS in Program Files.
There are mainly two reasons why I did this:
1) To be able to access the file system more easily when I'm doing various editing or designing tasks in the program. (example AcuStitch program can use my created stitches)
2) So that the original files will remain pristine. In my folder I can add to, change names of, etc. without changing the originals.
I digitize, and frequently discover that I can improve a design and so I do. In this case after I fix the design I rename it using my initials and save it in the same Working folder.
This design is one that  I modified and saved both the object file (I digitized the entire design to correct it!) and a Stitch file JEF.


If you just want to be able to access the built in designs to use easily in another program, maybe another brand of software, not HLS, and you aren't going to be altering them, you can also train the computer to get to them easily by adding the folder to a Library.
To set this up:
Just navigate to the folder, right click on it, Include in Library, and choose the Library that you want:
 I hope this picture shows clearly

When working in HLS, and you are in the Editing Embroidery section, the program wants to open the design directly from the C drive, Program Files....etc.
But obviously you can always navigate to wherever in your own computer you have other JEF designs.

Where to save the things you're working on:
According to my system I save all my stx files in my HLS working folder, NOT in the Program File.
Embroidery designs: If I corrected a built in design I save it in the Working folder, not in the Program File.
My main Embroidery folder lives in D drive, Documents, *(my name)Embroidery 

So, to sum up; my system may be slightly different from how most computers are because of the way I use my computer, HLS, other software programs.
But basically I have a new HLS folder that I can easily access, and is a copy of HL files, with my additions to it.
I'll try to answer further questions if you have any if I've confused anyone!
--
Favymtz


USB stick 550e

Cat - N
 

Lindsey, 

I have a different machine than you, and a disc drive in my computer, and I have additional software…but the software that comes with each machine is good to have. The editor disc also includes the driver for direct connection to the machine from the computer…again, good to have. 

If you didn’t get the embroidery editor disc with your machine, perhaps you can contact your Janome dealer for the software…perhaps on a USB drive instead. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 


Re: USB stick 550e

Lindsey Palmer
 

Hi Pixey, 

I am having a problem with a design not showing up as you have stated in the last paragraph of your email below. You also mention “using editor software that came with the machine” and unfortunately, mine did not come with that disk, which at the time I bought it wasn't a problem because my computer doesn’t have a disk drive,  so now I need to find a place to download that software in order to complete my project. The design is such that it will fit easily in the RE36b hoop if I rotate it 45 degrees. The only software I have at the moment is Stitch Buddy (free software) and Embroidery Tool Shed (that I purchased but haven't found to be very useful).  Any suggestions?

Lindsey


On Sep 4, 2021, at 10:51 AM, Tericloth <tericloth6@...> wrote:

Thank you for these helpful hints!! Have not given up!!! Lol

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Pixey via groups.io<pixeyam@...>
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2021 10:38 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] USB stick 550e
 
You will need to put the designs in the EmbF folder.  I am not sure what you mean when you say “the machine does not read all the hoop changes in the pattern”.   Do you mean different sizes? If so the machine will display the files in order of their required hoop size, with each hoop on a different page. So if part of the project needs a larger hoop, you may need to page forward to see the other design files.  If this happens, you are going to want to use the hoop that accommodates the largest part of the design.

I have encountered this with some Kimberbell designs where you get a crosshair design for lining up a blank, but it shows up for the smaller square hoop where the rest of the design requires a larger rectangular hoop, so it is on subsequent page displays.  But when I pull up the crosshair design, I have to go in and edit the hoop selection to put it in the larger hoop so it is in the correct place when I bring in the larger design to stitch out.

Also, you may want to check the embroidery field.  One drawback of the 500/550e series is that the largest hoop widths (200mm = 7.87”) are just a little bit less than the 8” width used by a lot of commercial designs. In which case the machine will not display the design because it exceeds the size of the hoop.  Sometimes you can get around this by opening the design on your PC (using the editor software that came with the machine) and reduce the size by just enough to let it fit in the hoop (then resaving it under a new name).  For ITH projects, this can be a little trickier and you will usually have to resize all parts of the design by EXACTLY the same amount.

Pixey

On Sep 3, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Tericloth <tericloth6@...> wrote:


Hello, I have a Janome 550e(which I love), when putting designs on the USB stick, is there a guideline? I just started doing ITH projects, seems the machine does not read all of the hoop changes in the pattern?


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

Cheryl Paul
 

Yes the manual is good. AND they put the Englis and French (Canada) in separate books. The diagrams are very detailed. The serger is brand new so I don’t expect to see a workbook for a while. Some Janome Educatir needs to work with the machine to. E able to know what we need to learn. They don’t get much of a “heads up” before Janome releases new machine.

Cheryl - Saskatoon


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

favymtz
 

Horizon Link Suite:
To answer Kathy's question, she wished she knew "the best way to save what we create in HLS."
This may be a roundabout way of explaining what I think is the best way, but if it's relevant to whomever is reading this, I hope you can follow!

When Horizon Link Suite is installed it wants to install by default into the C drive.
Therefore the main installation files will reside in C Drive: (this path shows Horizon Link for the 12000 machine)

Within the folder are the subfolders which contain the built in embroidery designs and other operating files.
(I don't want to confuse you, but my current computer has it's main storage on the D drive NOT the C drive. And because of that my HLS is installed in D, not C.
And because of that, my HLS doesn't operate like most; my HLS Edit Embroidery is unable to open the "Design" folder directly when I click on it. (Instead it's just one of several places that I can choose)



When the user would like to access the files more frequently and easier, it's possible to also copy those files into a folder that's more easily gotten to.
So because of that, I created my new Horizon Link Suite folder in D also.
(Depending on your system you will need to decide which is best for you.
If your computer has plenty of storage space in C then make your Horizon Link Suite folder in C).
In the "Horizon Link Suite" folder I copied all of the built in designs and stx files. 
This is my working folder for HLS. When I'm working in Stitch Composer for example, after I have created & tested a stitch, I will save the new stitch in this working folder, NOT the HLS in Program Files.
There are mainly two reasons why I did this:
1) To be able to access the file system more easily when I'm doing various editing or designing tasks in the program. (example AcuStitch program can use my created stitches)
2) So that the original files will remain pristine. In my folder I can add to, change names of, etc. without changing the originals.
I digitize, and frequently discover that I can improve a design and so I do. In this case after I fix the design I rename it using my initials and save it in the same Working folder.
This design is one that  I modified and saved both the object file (I digitized the entire design to correct it!) and a Stitch file JEF.


If you just want to be able to access the built in designs to use easily in another program, maybe another brand of software, not HLS, and you aren't going to be altering them, you can also train the computer to get to them easily by adding the folder to a Library.
To set this up:
Just navigate to the folder, right click on it, Include in Library, and choose the Library that you want:
 I hope this picture shows clearly

When working in HLS, and you are in the Editing Embroidery section, the program wants to open the design directly from the C drive, Program Files....etc.
But obviously you can always navigate to wherever in your own computer you have other JEF designs.

Where to save the things you're working on:
According to my system I save all my stx files in my HLS working folder, NOT in the Program File.
Embroidery designs: If I corrected a built in design I save it in the Working folder, not in the Program File.
My main Embroidery folder lives in D drive, Documents, *(my name)Embroidery 

So, to sum up; my system may be slightly different from how most computers are because of the way I use my computer, HLS, other software programs.
But basically I have a new HLS folder that I can easily access, and is a copy of HL files, with my additions to it.
I'll try to answer further questions if you have any if I've confused anyone!
--
Favymtz


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

Kathy Skagen
 

I would also like to know the best way to save we create in HLS.


And, Cheryl, 
The girls will probably like this more that their 76 yr old Grandma. I'd say, Not a chance! You have spent a lot of time opening their world with love. Congratulations on the new Cover Pro!!

Kathy



On Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 12:35:44 PM CDT, Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:


I’m a bit confused - what do you mean by the HLS folder?  If it is designs that are saved that we create, they go into a folder that we might create to be with our other embroidery documents - not the default that HLS decides.  I do this all the time and it usually ends up getting me in trouble, because then my program default to “MY choice” not HLS’s choice.  Problem is:  Where in heaven’s name it “that” folder? - So then I’m on the hunt.  Well it has happened often enough that I now know where to go, and how to get there.  It’s in “heaven”, of course which must be the “C” drive where the program is stored, in the “Files (86) folder, under Janome, then HLS and maybe even a few deeper than that - one just has to “peck” until you reach it.  This is sometime very painful to navigate until you find something, especially if one has let some time lapse between using a program.

I know that this is an embroidery group mostly, but I just have to share that I just purchased the new Cover Pro 3000 Professional and my dealer’s technician delivered it to me in the city last Saturday.  I waited until Ava (16) and Piper (10), my 2 sewing granddaughters could come to the “unboxing” late that afternoon.  We took it out, and gave it a little test drive - then I read the manual over the next 2 evenings, until dark, and my eyes crossed or I fell asleep.  I did go back to the sewing room and try out the newest feature - the “Top Cover” and it is awesome.  With this stitch, the bottom and the top look very similar and it is quite decorative, where you can use nice threads that are a bit thicker to add some “wow” to almost anything.  The girls will probably like this more that their 76 yr old Grandma.

Cheryl - Saskatoon








Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

June E Hudspeth
 

Hi Cheryl:

Is the manual good??????????????? Meaning does it give you a lot of info?

I so wish the sergers would have a workbook available, like the 15000.

Thanks Cheryl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June - Sacramento

-----Original Message-----
From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cheryl Paul
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 10:36 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

I’m a bit confused - what do you mean by the HLS folder? If it is designs that are saved that we create, they go into a folder that we might create to be with our other embroidery documents - not the default that HLS decides. I do this all the time and it usually ends up getting me in trouble, because then my program default to “MY choice” not HLS’s choice. Problem is: Where in heaven’s name it “that” folder? - So then I’m on the hunt. Well it has happened often enough that I now know where to go, and how to get there. It’s in “heaven”, of course which must be the “C” drive where the program is stored, in the “Files (86) folder, under Janome, then HLS and maybe even a few deeper than that - one just has to “peck” until you reach it. This is sometime very painful to navigate until you find something, especially if one has let some time lapse between using a program.

I know that this is an embroidery group mostly, but I just have to share that I just purchased the new Cover Pro 3000 Professional and my dealer’s technician delivered it to me in the city last Saturday. I waited until Ava (16) and Piper (10), my 2 sewing granddaughters could come to the “unboxing” late that afternoon. We took it out, and gave it a little test drive - then I read the manual over the next 2 evenings, until dark, and my eyes crossed or I fell asleep. I did go back to the sewing room and try out the newest feature - the “Top Cover” and it is awesome. With this stitch, the bottom and the top look very similar and it is quite decorative, where you can use nice threads that are a bit thicker to add some “wow” to almost anything. The girls will probably like this more that their 76 yr old Grandma.

Cheryl - Saskatoon


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

Cheryl Paul
 

I’m a bit confused - what do you mean by the HLS folder? If it is designs that are saved that we create, they go into a folder that we might create to be with our other embroidery documents - not the default that HLS decides. I do this all the time and it usually ends up getting me in trouble, because then my program default to “MY choice” not HLS’s choice. Problem is: Where in heaven’s name it “that” folder? - So then I’m on the hunt. Well it has happened often enough that I now know where to go, and how to get there. It’s in “heaven”, of course which must be the “C” drive where the program is stored, in the “Files (86) folder, under Janome, then HLS and maybe even a few deeper than that - one just has to “peck” until you reach it. This is sometime very painful to navigate until you find something, especially if one has let some time lapse between using a program.

I know that this is an embroidery group mostly, but I just have to share that I just purchased the new Cover Pro 3000 Professional and my dealer’s technician delivered it to me in the city last Saturday. I waited until Ava (16) and Piper (10), my 2 sewing granddaughters could come to the “unboxing” late that afternoon. We took it out, and gave it a little test drive - then I read the manual over the next 2 evenings, until dark, and my eyes crossed or I fell asleep. I did go back to the sewing room and try out the newest feature - the “Top Cover” and it is awesome. With this stitch, the bottom and the top look very similar and it is quite decorative, where you can use nice threads that are a bit thicker to add some “wow” to almost anything. The girls will probably like this more that their 76 yr old Grandma.

Cheryl - Saskatoon


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

favymtz
 

Hey Anne, Great news on your Horizon Link experience!
Now the best thing we've all learned is that the 1.3 link is a basically fully functioning program!
(File that in our memories to help others in the future!!!)
Keep us updated on how the program functions. It seems to me that there may be some little differences since it didn't install the HLS folder.
I say that because I installed my HLS on the D drive instead of the default of C drive on my computer. That means that when I want to use designs, stitches etc when working in HLS Embroidery Edit or Stitch Composer, I have to go hunting for them. In other words, HL wants to open files from C drive as the normal "go to" place. Since mine aren't there, I have to navigate there.
Hope that makes sense!
--
Favymtz


Re: In the hoop

ladybug35186
 

Thanks for the recommendation of scissors - always good information!


-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Sep 19, 2021 10:03 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] In the hoop

Terricloth (and others). Regarding good scissors: Yes, excellent scissors are a must for sewing and embroidery. I have several types---duckbill, curved, notched, etc. and I use them all. I have found that the KAI scissors are the best for trimming embroidery jumpstitches cleanly away from the top side of embroideries. While I find the finger holes a little tight on the smallest KAI scissors, I find that the slight curve of the blade and the very very thin blades make for good cuts that do not leave any of those annoying "tails" behind.   If only KAI scissors would make the finger holes more rounded, rather than a flat-ish oval, they would be be 100% perfect.  The thin blades is what keeps me using them.
Happy stitching---and cutting!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA


Re: In the hoop

Moira Rogow
 

That is super cute!


On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 10:03 AM Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:
Terricloth (and others). Regarding good scissors: Yes, excellent scissors are a must for sewing and embroidery. I have several types---duckbill, curved, notched, etc. and I use them all. I have found that the KAI scissors are the best for trimming embroidery jumpstitches cleanly away from the top side of embroideries. While I find the finger holes a little tight on the smallest KAI scissors, I find that the slight curve of the blade and the very very thin blades make for good cuts that do not leave any of those annoying "tails" behind.   If only KAI scissors would make the finger holes more rounded, rather than a flat-ish oval, they would be be 100% perfect.  The thin blades is what keeps me using them.
Happy stitching---and cutting!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

Kathy Skagen
 

That's wonderful news, Anne! Thank you for the update. I that find trying to get everything for an older computer to a new one is so stressful! You have to know what you're doing and where to look. So, you're way ahead of me in that department. Anyway, I'm so glad that you are up and running on the new computer.
Kathy

On Sunday, September 19, 2021, 07:34:20 AM CDT, Anne Parker <dylanfawr@...> wrote:


Many thanks for the replies.

As I can't find my original CD just buying a portable DVD drive won't solve my problem. In fact if I could find the CD I would just have used the DVDrewrite drive in my old laptop, or the one in my PC to copy to a USB or my portable harddrive.

I bought my machine directly from Janome here in the UK.  Buying direct they allocate your sale to a dealer you nominate, so I nominated my nearest one in Hampshire but I have now moved to Pembrokeshire around 200 miles away, and in any case because I hadn't bought the machine from the dealer in Hampshire,  they didn't get a full payment for selling a machine from Janome, they weren't that interested in anything to do with my machine.

I have sent a query to Janome UK but they are out of office until the 27th, so I expect I'll get a reply in a couple of weeks.

However in the meantime -  I thought I'd try installing the HorizonLinkSuite 1.3 update that was on the USB that came in the upgrade pack here in UK, on my new laptop and to my surprize it installed the full program - except for the HorizonLinkSuite folder contents that were in my documents folder on my old laptop (with all the designs, embroidery, created stitches etc). So far the actual program appears to work fine. Because I copied my whole documents folder from my old laptop to my portable hard drive I have access, on there, to the missing embroidery files anyway.

I still need to check out all the bits of the installation, and I want to go back and compare the installation on my old laptop with what I have on the new one, but fingers crossed it will be the same. :0)

So looks like I'm all set with Hatch, Digitizer and HorizonLinkSuite installed, and Licences for Hatch and Digitizer transferred and access to the HorizonLinkSuite Designs.  I'm a happy bunny!

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/sets/

"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Desiderata - By Max Ehrmann © 1927


Re: In the hoop

Kathy Strabel
 

Terricloth (and others). Regarding good scissors: Yes, excellent scissors are a must for sewing and embroidery. I have several types---duckbill, curved, notched, etc. and I use them all. I have found that the KAI scissors are the best for trimming embroidery jumpstitches cleanly away from the top side of embroideries. While I find the finger holes a little tight on the smallest KAI scissors, I find that the slight curve of the blade and the very very thin blades make for good cuts that do not leave any of those annoying "tails" behind.   If only KAI scissors would make the finger holes more rounded, rather than a flat-ish oval, they would be be 100% perfect.  The thin blades is what keeps me using them.
Happy stitching---and cutting!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

Cheryl Paul
 

Hi Anne,

I don’t think you would hurt anything if you installed the V1.31 from the USB you have. If it isn’t the whole program, it just won’t work. Are you far from your dealer? I know you are in the UK - Wales I believe. I’ve never been to the UK, so I’m not familiar with where anything is - I know the country isn’t big like Canada where everything is far away IF you don’t happen to live in close proximity to a city. If you can call or email your dealer and see if they would lend you a copy of the DVD to copy onto your computer IF the upgrade one doesn’t work. They might even just put the info on a USB (you’d probably need to pay for that at least the USB) and send it to you. You might even be able to get them to have Janome send you a link. It is really to bad that we can’t have access to the company and that each country or region has to do things so differently.

Cheryl - Saskatoon


Re: In the hoop

Cheryl Paul
 

In Canada (can’t speak for other parts of the world) Janome has a cute little “Mini Duckling” scissors. It works really well for getting into close spaces. As Michael Smith of Janome Nations Consumer Educator says, “It always works better if it says Janome on it.”

Cheryl - Saskatoon


Re: In the hoop

ladybug35186
 

Thanks! That's really good information about using a slightly larger hoop for ITH projects. 


-----Original Message-----
From: Tericloth <tericloth6@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Sep 19, 2021 6:20 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] In the hoop

Yes!!! Thank you, I did learn that I need better scissors!! Very fun!!

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2021 5:06 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] In the hoop
 
I am glad it helped.  This is cute and a good first effort.

One tip on doing ITH projects…your selection of scissors is probably the most important part of your supporting toolkit.  If you haven’t already done so, you are going to want to invest in some with sharp tips that give you a lot of control in cutting in tight around curves and straight lines.  Curved blades, small duck billed, sharp points, etc. Also, unlike denser designs where you want to use the smallest hoop for the design to keep the stabilizer snug, with ITH projects you may actually want to go with a slightly larger hoop to have room to get in and trim around the outline of the project.  This can especially be an issue with the 500/550 machine because there is less clearance between the stitch field and hoop than some of the other Janome machines.

Pixey

On Sep 18, 2021, at 1:40 PM, Tericloth <tericloth6@...> wrote:


Thank you again Pixie for your helpful advice,  finished my first ITH!!! Not perfect, but I don't care, I did it, and will be doing more!

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android


Re: Horizon Link Suite v1.3 query

Anne Parker
 

Many thanks for the replies.

As I can't find my original CD just buying a portable DVD drive won't solve my problem. In fact if I could find the CD I would just have used the DVDrewrite drive in my old laptop, or the one in my PC to copy to a USB or my portable harddrive.

I bought my machine directly from Janome here in the UK.  Buying direct they allocate your sale to a dealer you nominate, so I nominated my nearest one in Hampshire but I have now moved to Pembrokeshire around 200 miles away, and in any case because I hadn't bought the machine from the dealer in Hampshire,  they didn't get a full payment for selling a machine from Janome, they weren't that interested in anything to do with my machine.

I have sent a query to Janome UK but they are out of office until the 27th, so I expect I'll get a reply in a couple of weeks.

However in the meantime -  I thought I'd try installing the HorizonLinkSuite 1.3 update that was on the USB that came in the upgrade pack here in UK, on my new laptop and to my surprize it installed the full program - except for the HorizonLinkSuite folder contents that were in my documents folder on my old laptop (with all the designs, embroidery, created stitches etc). So far the actual program appears to work fine. Because I copied my whole documents folder from my old laptop to my portable hard drive I have access, on there, to the missing embroidery files anyway.

I still need to check out all the bits of the installation, and I want to go back and compare the installation on my old laptop with what I have on the new one, but fingers crossed it will be the same. :0)

So looks like I'm all set with Hatch, Digitizer and HorizonLinkSuite installed, and Licences for Hatch and Digitizer transferred and access to the HorizonLinkSuite Designs.  I'm a happy bunny!

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94302460@N03/sets/

"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Desiderata - By Max Ehrmann © 1927


Re: In the hoop

Tericloth
 

Yes!!! Thank you, I did learn that I need better scissors!! Very fun!!


From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2021 5:06 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] In the hoop
 
I am glad it helped.  This is cute and a good first effort.

One tip on doing ITH projects…your selection of scissors is probably the most important part of your supporting toolkit.  If you haven’t already done so, you are going to want to invest in some with sharp tips that give you a lot of control in cutting in tight around curves and straight lines.  Curved blades, small duck billed, sharp points, etc. Also, unlike denser designs where you want to use the smallest hoop for the design to keep the stabilizer snug, with ITH projects you may actually want to go with a slightly larger hoop to have room to get in and trim around the outline of the project.  This can especially be an issue with the 500/550 machine because there is less clearance between the stitch field and hoop than some of the other Janome machines.

Pixey

On Sep 18, 2021, at 1:40 PM, Tericloth <tericloth6@...> wrote:


Thank you again Pixie for your helpful advice,  finished my first ITH!!! Not perfect, but I don't care, I did it, and will be doing more!

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android


Re: HP use on other machine?

Maria Morrow
 

Thanks, Nancy!



On Sep 18, 2021, at 8:39 PM, Nancy Lusk via groups.io <lusk1968@...> wrote:



Hello Maria,
I'm just seeing your question. I have a Skyline 5 and use both the HP plate and foot frequently. I put the plate on first, before the foot, then put the machine in Mode 1, 04. The screen will read 04S A.  (If you put the HP foot on without the plate, it will read 04.) The needle will align with the hole in the foot and plate. It is great for quilt piecing. 

Because this machine does not automatically sense the HP plate and foot, I have a big note on the front of my machine to remind me to take these steps. I have broken a few needles when I've been in a hurry and not changed the mode correctly  

I hope this helps,
Nancy

 


Re: HP use on other machine?

Nancy Lusk
 

Hello Maria,
I'm just seeing your question. I have a Skyline 5 and use both the HP plate and foot frequently. I put the plate on first, before the foot, then put the machine in Mode 1, 04. The screen will read 04S A.  (If you put the HP foot on without the plate, it will read 04.) The needle will align with the hole in the foot and plate. It is great for quilt piecing. 

Because this machine does not automatically sense the HP plate and foot, I have a big note on the front of my machine to remind me to take these steps. I have broken a few needles when I've been in a hurry and not changed the mode correctly  

I hope this helps,
Nancy

 

841 - 860 of 29692