Date   
Re: MB7 embroidery machine

HEATHER COWAN
 

I switched from pfaff vp3 to Jef and jef+.  I have the 15000, MB4 and 9900 so all my embroidery is Janome now.  I use Embird basic which is very reasonably priced, very intuitive and you can add a digitizing module.  The basic does everything I need and with the addition of Iconizer for a low price I can see thumbnails of all my designs in explorer and I added the Font engine module and can generate any computer TT font to a stitch file and manipulate it.  Great support from the company and updates are free and an update every few years is about $30.   thirty with one zero .... not fifteen hundred like the pfaff software upgrade.  I love the program and the support 

Hugs heather

On Jun 20, 2019, at 5:27 AM, Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...> wrote:

I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

Also needing input of software/

Re: MB7 embroidery machine

Cat - N
 

I don't know how accurate the conversion would be between for each design in the Viking embroidery format when converted to the Janome format, but SewWhat Pro 64 will do batch conversion...whole directories at once, is fairly reasonably priced...and there is a trial version.

http://sandscomputing.com/products-shop/sewwhatpro-embroidery-editor/

For digitizing, I use Hatch, but have several others from before Hatch was available, including SWP

- Cat



-----Original Message-----
From: Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jun 20, 2019 8:27 am
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MB7 embroidery machine

I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

Also needing input of software/

Re: converting design formats

Estelle Torpy
 

Hi,

I use Embrilliance which has both Mac and PC platforms. There are several levels and prices, so you don’t need to buy the whole package to save designs in different formats. Embird is another good third party program that comes with multiple levels and prices. They both have trial versions so you can use the program before purchasing.

Estelle


On Jun 20, 2019, at 6:22 AM, Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...> wrote:

I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

Also needing input of software/

Re: MB7 embroidery machine

Lyn Quine
 

You could try Hatch for 30 days free.  Do the conversion and try the digitising side out as it is the full program.  But I think you can purchase modules if you just wanted to edit stitch files etc,

Re: Fringe Foot

Elizabeth Mccall
 

IS THIS AVAILABLE AT THE APP STORE...WHAT DO I TYPE IN TO GET THIS...?


On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 8:20 AM Debbie <cdnquilter@...> wrote:
if you have Jim’s FootBook app it lists all the feet available and you can track what you have, want. It’s indispensable to me. 

Re: Fringe Foot

Jim Stutsman
 

For more information see this page: http://www.onlinesewing.com/footbook.html

It's in the App Store using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/footbook/id455553678?mt=8

Re: MB7 embroidery machine

Nancy Reynolds
 

I have had good luck with Buzz Xplore program for conversions.

On Thursday, June 20, 2019, 09:35:44 AM EDT, Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> wrote:


When i changed from viking/pfaff format to jef format it didn't stitch properly.   I have not tried it with Hatch embroidery software.  When i did the conversion it was with viking/pfaff software  maybe version 6?  It was at least 4 or 5 years ago.


From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:22:00 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MB7 embroidery machine
 
I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

Also needing input of software/

Re: MB7 embroidery machine

Vikki Youngmeyer
 

I like Sew What Pro from S&S Computing for $65. I’ve used this program since 2007 and have had no issues with conversion except if the original was done for Bernina (that’s a strange beast!) The design comes thru but the colors are screwed in most cases. Disney designs are the worst conversions.

 

Vikki

Houston, TX

 

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cindy Sipp
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:22 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MB7 embroidery machine

 

I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

 

Also needing input of software/

Re: Fringe Foot

Elizabeth Mccall
 

THANKS !   I AM  NEW TO YOUR WEB SITE... TRYING TO GET BETTER AT DOWN LOADING PATTERNS & FILING THEM ON MY COMPUTER.. DO YOU EVER JUST HOOK THE JANOME AND THE COMPUTER TOGETHER TO AVOID DOWNLOADING AND THEN TRANSFER TO A JUMP( FLASH) DRIVE...  ..I HAVE THE JANOME 15000 , BUT NEED TO GET UP TO SPEED ABOUT STABILIZERS AND PLACES TO GET DESIGNS. . WHAT SITES DO YOU RECOMMEND. THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING THERE. !


On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 3:42 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
For more information see this page: http://www.onlinesewing.com/footbook.html

It's in the App Store using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/footbook/id455553678?mt=8

Re: Fringe Foot

Jim Stutsman
 

Glad to help Elizabeth! Yes, lots of folks do connect their computer directly to the machine. From the 10000 and later it can be done by a USB cable. For the 15000 and Skyline S9 you also have the option of WiFi. You can find a lot of information related to your machine in our My 15000 app. For stabilizers Floriani has a free app that covers their products, but even if you choose other brands it gives good advice on what to use for various projects. I'll leave it to others to recommend design sites, as I have several lifetimes worth of designs already.

One item worthy of note for all list members - writing in all-caps is generally not a good idea, as it makes the text more difficult to read. It's also considered "shouting", since the silent nature of email makes it hard to emphasize something by speaking louder. Unfortunately the Caps-Lock key seems to be very difficult to kill, as it appears on every keyboard. This is curious, since it is probably hit by accident at least 98% of the time!

Re: Fringe Foot

Elizabeth Mccall
 

Thanks Jim, I do appreciate the quick & very  kind  answer.   i guess i use caps or larger print , as it is easier to for me to read.  I love my JANOME 15000, as it is so quiet,but hope I can get more confident using the embroidery  part of this amazing machine. Thanks again from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western  North Carolina !   ,


On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 11:04 AM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Glad to help Elizabeth! Yes, lots of folks do connect their computer directly to the machine. From the 10000 and later it can be done by a USB cable. For the 15000 and Skyline S9 you also have the option of WiFi. You can find a lot of information related to your machine in our My 15000 app. For stabilizers Floriani has a free app that covers their products, but even if you choose other brands it gives good advice on what to use for various projects. I'll leave it to others to recommend design sites, as I have several lifetimes worth of designs already.

One item worthy of note for all list members - writing in all-caps is generally not a good idea, as it makes the text more difficult to read. It's also considered "shouting", since the silent nature of email makes it hard to emphasize something by speaking louder. Unfortunately the Caps-Lock key seems to be very difficult to kill, as it appears on every keyboard. This is curious, since it is probably hit by accident at least 98% of the time!

Free-standing lace crochet edging on the 15000

Wendy Petit
 

What designs do I use on the 15000 to make a "free-standing" edging that looks like hand crochet to apply to a baby blanket?

Re: Free-standing lace crochet edging on the 15000

Jim Stutsman
 

You might check out the video on this page: http://www.onlinesewing.com/videos.html
It was made on a 15000.

Re: Free-standing lace crochet edging on the 15000

Wendy Petit
 

Thanks - I did find it after I posted the question.  


Wendy Petit
Medical Transcriptionist


Privileged and Confidential: The information in this e-mail message may contain confidential health information that is privileged and legally protected from disclosure by federal law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).  This information is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message. 



On Friday, June 21, 2019, 02:18:42 PM CDT, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


You might check out the video on this page: http://www.onlinesewing.com/videos.html
It was made on a 15000.

Re: Free-standing lace crochet edging on the 15000

Carolyn Gazerro
 

Freestanding Lace designs. Usually sewn with water soluble stabilizer when rinsed out leaves the “freestanding” lace.

Carolyn 🌹

Re: Fringe Foot

Wayne and Karen
 

Hello Elizabeth and welcome!   This group in itself Is an amazing resource to help you with your machine and embroidery. In terms of embroidery sites there are so many but the two I probably use most often are: 

Embroidery Library and Kreative Kiwi- 

I find Kreative Kiwi absolutely wonderful because Heather (the designer) provides free designs, has regular $1 sales (irrespective of currency) and I have not had any problems stitching out the designs.  In addition, she includes multiple sizes for each design so you don’t have to worry about what size to buy. I am not affiliated with her in any way, just love the site!

All the best with your embroidery journey on the MC15000. 

Karen


On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 12:46 am, Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
THANKS !   I AM  NEW TO YOUR WEB SITE... TRYING TO GET BETTER AT DOWN LOADING PATTERNS & FILING THEM ON MY COMPUTER.. DO YOU EVER JUST HOOK THE JANOME AND THE COMPUTER TOGETHER TO AVOID DOWNLOADING AND THEN TRANSFER TO A JUMP( FLASH) DRIVE...  ..I HAVE THE JANOME 15000 , BUT NEED TO GET UP TO SPEED ABOUT STABILIZERS AND PLACES TO GET DESIGNS. . WHAT SITES DO YOU RECOMMEND. THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING THERE. !

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 3:42 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
For more information see this page: http://www.onlinesewing.com/footbook.html

It's in the App Store using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/footbook/id455553678?mt=8

Help with 1200O.

peggy barrett
 

i have been having a problem with my 12000.  I keep getting a msg when
sewing to ck if I have the proper foot.  This has happened before and I thought it was fixed.  My friend and I bought our machines at the same time and we are both having this problem.  Peggy

Re: Fringe Foot

Lyn Quine
 

My favourite website is www.secretsof.com so many lovely design from many designers on one website. The have the dollar Sale often where selected designs are a dollar each you just have to browse and find them.

Another is embroidery garden. Disorderly threads on Etsy.

Www.embroiderdesigns.com and many more

Re: Help with 1200O.

Jim Stutsman
 

The 12000 embroidery foot does not actually contact the plate, like other feet do. There is a sensor that detects this, but over time and use it can drift out of alignment a bit. I suspect that they adjust them at the factory on the very edge of tripping, so it doesn't take much for it to get off. It may also be due to a bind in the mechanism. The 11000 had a lot of issues with foot sensor due to the knee lift causing a slight bind in the sensor. It took me several repairs to figure out that the problem was not where the service manual said it was. Unfortunately this will require dealer intervention to fix.

Re: Fringe Foot

Claire Schutz
 

Adding to this, hope everyone knows Janome has started new short videos on You-tube about the machine 15K.  Shows feet as well as parts of the machine. They are very short and to the point.  Putting this along with what Jim and Diane do we all will be in heaven, Claire S.

On 6/21/2019 5:02 PM, Wayne and Karen wrote:
Hello Elizabeth and welcome!   This group in itself Is an amazing resource to help you with your machine and embroidery. In terms of embroidery sites there are so many but the two I probably use most often are: 

Embroidery Library and Kreative Kiwi- 

I find Kreative Kiwi absolutely wonderful because Heather (the designer) provides free designs, has regular $1 sales (irrespective of currency) and I have not had any problems stitching out the designs.  In addition, she includes multiple sizes for each design so you don’t have to worry about what size to buy. I am not affiliated with her in any way, just love the site!

All the best with your embroidery journey on the MC15000. 

Karen


On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 12:46 am, Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
THANKS !   I AM  NEW TO YOUR WEB SITE... TRYING TO GET BETTER AT DOWN LOADING PATTERNS & FILING THEM ON MY COMPUTER.. DO YOU EVER JUST HOOK THE JANOME AND THE COMPUTER TOGETHER TO AVOID DOWNLOADING AND THEN TRANSFER TO A JUMP( FLASH) DRIVE...  ..I HAVE THE JANOME 15000 , BUT NEED TO GET UP TO SPEED ABOUT STABILIZERS AND PLACES TO GET DESIGNS. . WHAT SITES DO YOU RECOMMEND. THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING THERE. !

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 3:42 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
For more information see this page: http://www.onlinesewing.com/footbook.html

It's in the App Store using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/footbook/id455553678?mt=8