Date   

Re: Bobbin winder

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

As Sherry pointed out, it's very possible that you are not using the right means of winding. If you are in embroidery mode, use the START/STOP button to start winding, even if the foot control is plugged in.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "neufeldw36" <jwneufeld@...> wrote:

So, I finally got my 12000 end of Jan and for the most part, like it better than the 11000. I find there are steps to this machine though that are a little bit more fussy so steps can't be overlooked if you want to save time and get things done nicely.
At the moment I have a huge issue with my bobbin winder - in short - it won't work! I've looked @ the help video on the machine, read my book, etc. but I do all the steps and when I move the bobbin over and get the winding bobbin symbol I get absolutely no response. I've used it before and it worked. HELP what's wrong. I tried it Sat and was in a hurry but tried again today and still no luck!! Running out of bobbin thread!!!


Re: Bobbin winder

Sherry Martin
 

I haven't had any problems. Are you trying to wind it by pushing the start/shop button?; if so you have to make sure your foot pedal is not plugged in.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "neufeldw36" <jwneufeld@...> wrote:

So, I finally got my 12000 end of Jan and for the most part, like it better than the 11000. I find there are steps to this machine though that are a little bit more fussy so steps can't be overlooked if you want to save time and get things done nicely.
At the moment I have a huge issue with my bobbin winder - in short - it won't work! I've looked @ the help video on the machine, read my book, etc. but I do all the steps and when I move the bobbin over and get the winding bobbin symbol I get absolutely no response. I've used it before and it worked. HELP what's wrong. I tried it Sat and was in a hurry but tried again today and still no luck!! Running out of bobbin thread!!!


Bobbin winder

neufeldw36 <jwneufeld@...>
 

So, I finally got my 12000 end of Jan and for the most part, like it better than the 11000. I find there are steps to this machine though that are a little bit more fussy so steps can't be overlooked if you want to save time and get things done nicely.
At the moment I have a huge issue with my bobbin winder - in short - it won't work! I've looked @ the help video on the machine, read my book, etc. but I do all the steps and when I move the bobbin over and get the winding bobbin symbol I get absolutely no response. I've used it before and it worked. HELP what's wrong. I tried it Sat and was in a hurry but tried again today and still no luck!! Running out of bobbin thread!!!


Re: Bonus with Purchase of 12000

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

I don't think Janome has any special bonuses at this time, but you can certainly ask your dealer for extras. There are a large number of extra feet available for the 12000, and any feet you already have will not fit on it, at least without a different foot holder. You could also ask for the rolling trolley bag. Shopping at the end of the month is good. Why? If the dealer has had a bad month, she is highly motivated to make a deal. If it's been a good month, she can afford to make a deal. Either way, you win!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "peggy" <peggy27b@...> wrote:

Are they offering a bonus in the US with a purchase at this time? I am heading out to the dealer today to buy, I hope. I want to thank everyone who posted, I also watched every video I could find and was amazed at what this machine can do.
Peggy


Re: Janome website - "friend to friend"??

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

This may be the site you are looking for, but it looks like it's too late:
http://www.janomespecials.com/f2f-facebook-challenge/

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:

Elaine mentioned that on the Janome website there is a "friend to friend"
section. Can anyone tell me where that is?



Julie


Re: Bonus with Purchase of 12000

peggy barrett
 

Are they offering a bonus in the US with a purchase at this time? I am heading out to the dealer today to buy, I hope. I want to thank everyone who posted, I also watched every video I could find and was amazed at what this machine can do.
Peggy

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "HDD" <hddcreation@...> wrote:

KRIS
I too live near Gympie. Will also have to contact my "dealer" who I would assume is same as yours . I have been away so that is ok. Did you get the two extra embroidery discs? I did so am only waiting for the trolley case too.

Heather
Cooloola Cove

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "kkrissyb" <krissy.b@> wrote:


Janome website - "friend to friend"??

Julie
 

Elaine mentioned that on the Janome website there is a “friend to friend” section.  Can anyone tell me where that is?

 

Julie


Re: Thinking of buying

Sheila <rainbird@...>
 

Hi Happy Camper!
 
Sorry you feel that you have been "jumped on" - I am sure that none of us meant you to feel like that.  Yes, we did misunderstand your message, but were only trying to make the prospective purchaser aware of possible difficulties.
 
Thanks, Jim for setting us straight about the voltage question, I hadn't realised that it was possible to use the Janome machines on various voltages.  Good move on Janome's part.
 
Sheila
Western Australia
 

On 28/02/2012 6:29:26 AM, HC (happycamper_au@...) wrote:
> Sorry but my message has been misunderstood...I was not for one minute
> suggesting the OP buy a machine out of country, I was merely suggesting
> she/he might check eBay and used this machine as an example.
> It's being sold by a dealer who states full warranty is available and it's
> being listed on eBay due to being overstocked.  All I know is what I read
> on eBay and was only making a suggestion and trying to help another member.
>
>
> Not everyone has a dealer at the end of the street, some of us have to
> travel an hour or two and buying on eBay (and similar) are our only
> options.
>
> Think
> I'll head back to my sewing before I get jumped on again!
>
>
> --- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:
> >
> > That's
> a little risky. First, because the warranty on an Australian machine is
> with Janome Australia, not valid in the US. Second, you will likely have
> to pay Customs fees when the machine comes into the US. When the value is
> over $2,000 (may be different now, this was a few years ago), you need to
> pay the carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.) before they will even deliver it. By
> the time you add in the extra costs,
> you'll be at a pri


Re: Thinking of buying

Vikki Youngmeyer
 

There’s no way really of knowing. There was a sale on Craigslist for a Horizon 7700 last year for less than half list price. Turns out it was from an estate sale. Person bought the machine, person died, executor didn’t know the value of the machine and sold it for cheap money.

 

Vikki

Houston, TX

 

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of sewing2171
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 9:33 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Thinking of buying

 

 



I would not touch any offer on eBay like this, the price is far too cheap. What if the seller is selling you stolen goods. IF that is the case you could end with nothing, a machine reclaimed by the police and no recompense either! It sounds too good to be true!

Just my thoughts,
Nita

--- In janome12000@..., "HC" wrote:
>
>
> Have you checked eBay? An Australian dealer has one there at the moment Au$7500 (Aussie and US $$ are only a few cents difference right now). The listing states there is FULL Janome warranty and the box is UNopened.
>
> I have absolutely NO affiliation with the seller, nor do I know who he/she is, but it's a very tempting offer with only $50 shipping and store backup. There is no dealer close to where I live and with my other Janome machines I've always kept the original box with polystyrene inserts and send my machines back to state office for servicing, it only costs postage one way, or if I'm going to be in the city I pre-arrange the service to be done while I wait, or pickup the machine the next day if I'm hanging around overnight.
>
> Leaves a 'whole' lot of $$$ to buy thread and fabric!!!
>
> ;-))
>


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1831 / Virus Database: 2092/4563 - Release Date: 10/20/11
Internal Virus Database is out of date.


Re: Thinking of buying

sewing2171
 

I would not touch any offer on eBay like this, the price is far too cheap. What if the seller is selling you stolen goods. IF that is the case you could end with nothing, a machine reclaimed by the police and no recompense either! It sounds too good to be true!

Just my thoughts,
Nita

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "HC" <happycamper_au@...> wrote:


Have you checked eBay? An Australian dealer has one there at the moment Au$7500 (Aussie and US $$ are only a few cents difference right now). The listing states there is FULL Janome warranty and the box is UNopened.

I have absolutely NO affiliation with the seller, nor do I know who he/she is, but it's a very tempting offer with only $50 shipping and store backup. There is no dealer close to where I live and with my other Janome machines I've always kept the original box with polystyrene inserts and send my machines back to state office for servicing, it only costs postage one way, or if I'm going to be in the city I pre-arrange the service to be done while I wait, or pickup the machine the next day if I'm hanging around overnight.

Leaves a 'whole' lot of $$$ to buy thread and fabric!!!

;-))


Re: Thinking of buying

LEE BEASLEY <slpslee@...>
 

Some of those eBay machines don't actually exist, either. When you see a brand new TOL sewing machine on eBay, it's usually a sure sign something isn't exactly kosher., and feedback is easy to fake.

Lee B.


Re: Thinking of buying

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

No need to hide, no one is jumping here! Your point about eBay is a good one, but even there one must use caution. The problem is that what is said in the listing isn't always true. I expect that Janome's policy in Australia is the same as in the US. Only machines that are on the "Internet approved" list can be sold in venues such as eBay, Amazon, Craig's List and the like. If a dealer lists a 12000 online, it usually means that he/she is not at all concerned about losing dealership. Why? Perhaps it's already been taken. When Janome first established the Internet policy, we were told that violation would result in termination of our dealership. While terminated dealers have the option of returning unopened stock, some will still put what they have online. Warranty status gets murky, and the buyer may get stuck.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "HC" <happycamper_au@...> wrote:


Sorry but my message has been misunderstood...I was not for one minute suggesting the OP buy a machine out of country, I was merely suggesting she/he might check eBay and used this machine as an example. It's being sold by a dealer who states full warranty is available and it's being listed on eBay due to being overstocked. All I know is what I read on eBay and was only making a suggestion and trying to help another member.

Not everyone has a dealer at the end of the street, some of us have to travel an hour or two and buying on eBay (and similar) are our only options.

Think I'll head back to my sewing before I get jumped on again!


Re: Thinking of buying

HC <happycamper_au@...>
 

Sorry but my message has been misunderstood...I was not for one minute suggesting the OP buy a machine out of country, I was merely suggesting she/he might check eBay and used this machine as an example. It's being sold by a dealer who states full warranty is available and it's being listed on eBay due to being overstocked. All I know is what I read on eBay and was only making a suggestion and trying to help another member.

Not everyone has a dealer at the end of the street, some of us have to travel an hour or two and buying on eBay (and similar) are our only options.

Think I'll head back to my sewing before I get jumped on again!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

That's a little risky. First, because the warranty on an Australian machine is with Janome Australia, not valid in the US. Second, you will likely have to pay Customs fees when the machine comes into the US. When the value is over $2,000 (may be different now, this was a few years ago), you need to pay the carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.) before they will even deliver it. By the time you add in the extra costs, you'll be at a price that a US dealer will meet and you'll get to see it before you pay for it!


Re: Bonus with Purchase of 12000

mcmaster_heather
 

KRIS
I too live near Gympie. Will also have to contact my "dealer" who I would assume is same as yours . I have been away so that is ok. Did you get the two extra embroidery discs? I did so am only waiting for the trolley case too.

Heather
Cooloola Cove

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "kkrissyb" <krissy.b@...> wrote:

I will have to contact my dealer and see if he has mine. Problem is that he has a store in Gympie and at present the road between where I live and my dealer is washed out due to flooding so will have to wait longer

Kris in Aus

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <dse7sew@> wrote:

Yes I live in Queensland Australia and got my trolly case last week. It is huge and takes up a lot of room. Saying that it is easy to move around. I haven't tried it out yet. Liz


Re: Digitizer Junior vs Embird

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

The only thing you would gain, other than the hoops, is the ability to send a design directly to the machine or USB. If Embird has met your needs up to now, then I would recommend you stick with it. One word of caution though - with the 11000 Embird mistakenly assumed that designs for the 11000 HAD to be JEF+ in order to support the larger hoops. They reverse-engineered the JEF+ format, but did not implement it fully. This created some problems in the first releases. With the 12000 we still have JEF and JEF+, but there is a new format JPX added to the mix. Embird will have to reverse-engineer that as well, and there could be some rough patches until they get it right. The safest course would be to take all designs created by Embird into HorizonLink first, preparatory to sending them to the machine or USB drive. That will help prevent throwing something at the machine that it is not prepared to deal with.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

While we are on the subject, would there be any advantage in buying Digitizer Junior if I already have Embird, except for the fact that Embird doesn't yet contain the 12000 hoops?

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

I can't speak for Janome, but I seriously doubt it. Digitizer Junior is really designed as a tool for converting formats and doing very low level digitizing. At our store we routinely gave it away with embroidery machines so the new owners would have the basic tools for embroidery.

There is an upgrade to take Digitizer Junior V3 to the full Digitizer MBX. It's part number 254747009. The price from most dealers would be north of $1,000, but this will vary widely from dealer to dealer and country to country. A dealer friend of mine accepted Digitizer Junior V3 as part of his customers' trade-in packages. Talk to your dealer and see if you can work something out. I doubt you'll get it free, but if you've bought a 12000 from him/her, you are in a good bargaining position.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wilson <rwilson31@> wrote:

is there going to be an upgrade to ver 3? cost or no charge upgrade? guess
which I prefer?

Judy
Subject line says it all. Thanks in advance. Judy


Digitizer Junior vs Embird

Sherry Martin
 

While we are on the subject, would there be any advantage in buying Digitizer Junior if I already have Embird, except for the fact that Embird doesn't yet contain the 12000 hoops?

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

I can't speak for Janome, but I seriously doubt it. Digitizer Junior is really designed as a tool for converting formats and doing very low level digitizing. At our store we routinely gave it away with embroidery machines so the new owners would have the basic tools for embroidery.

There is an upgrade to take Digitizer Junior V3 to the full Digitizer MBX. It's part number 254747009. The price from most dealers would be north of $1,000, but this will vary widely from dealer to dealer and country to country. A dealer friend of mine accepted Digitizer Junior V3 as part of his customers' trade-in packages. Talk to your dealer and see if you can work something out. I doubt you'll get it free, but if you've bought a 12000 from him/her, you are in a good bargaining position.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wilson <rwilson31@> wrote:

is there going to be an upgrade to ver 3? cost or no charge upgrade? guess
which I prefer?

Judy
Subject line says it all. Thanks in advance. Judy


Re: What is the difference between Janome Digitizer jr 3 and Janome Digitizer jr 4

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

I can't speak for Janome, but I seriously doubt it. Digitizer Junior is really designed as a tool for converting formats and doing very low level digitizing. At our store we routinely gave it away with embroidery machines so the new owners would have the basic tools for embroidery.

There is an upgrade to take Digitizer Junior V3 to the full Digitizer MBX. It's part number 254747009. The price from most dealers would be north of $1,000, but this will vary widely from dealer to dealer and country to country. A dealer friend of mine accepted Digitizer Junior V3 as part of his customers' trade-in packages. Talk to your dealer and see if you can work something out. I doubt you'll get it free, but if you've bought a 12000 from him/her, you are in a good bargaining position.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wilson <rwilson31@...> wrote:

is there going to be an upgrade to ver 3? cost or no charge upgrade? guess
which I prefer?

Judy
Subject line says it all. Thanks in advance. Judy


Re: What is the difference between Janome Digitizer jr 3 and Janome Digitizer jr 4

Cheryl Paul
 

Judy,

The upgrade to Version 3 is the new version 4. I don't believe that Janome will be adding anything new to version 3 now that the new one is here.

Cheryl

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Ron Wilson <rwilson31@...> wrote:

is there going to be an upgrade to ver 3? cost or no charge upgrade? guess
which I prefer?

Judy


Re: Thinking of buying

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

There is no issue of metric tools vs imperial. ALL Janome products use the same metric screws, which have been the standard in Japan for many, many years. A machine made for Australia will differ from a machine made for Canada only in labeling and required certifications for the respective country.

Voltage differences are also a non-issue. With the Memory Craft 10000 they moved to switching power supplies that work on all voltages, just as computers do. The only thing required would be a new power cord with the correct plug on the wall end.

However I still think it's a very bad idea to buy a machine "out of country", especially when it costs as much as the 12000 does!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sheila" <rainbird@...> wrote:

There is also the question of power supply - Australia has 240V alternating current but I believe the USA uses direct current at a lower voltage, so would I be right in thinking that a voltage reducer would be required to use a machine made for the Australian market in the USA?

Sheila
Western Australia

On 27/02/2012 9:21:36 AM, Donna Morton (demorton@...) wrote:
The other issue is one that crops up when someone from Canada buys a
machine in the US during the winter is where the machine is "metric" or
"imperial". Canadian dealers do not have the correct tools to work on a
machine produced for the American market so if something goes wrong, the
machine has to be worked on by a dealer in the US.

Donna M
Canada


Re: What is the difference between Janome Digitizer jr 3 and Janome Digitizer jr 4

vicki chrobak
 

Judy-Jr4 has the 12000 hoops. Beyond that I can't say because I didn't have jr3.

--
Vicki Jo

Subject line says it all. Thanks in advance. Judy