Date   

Re: Cracked it

Maria Boyle
 

Hello Anne,

I checked it out..... beautiful! I love the angels too. :)




María

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:49 PM, "Anne" <csarina43@gmail.com> wrote:

After my struggles last week, the machine is now working perfectly my latest project is in Anne A's Album.

Its one of the few ESL doileys I have seen thats worked in one in the hoop. 80,000 + stitches took 3 hours to stitch out, I am so pleased with it. O worked it in 60 wt cotton.



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



Re: needle left position

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

You can use the G foot. Position the guide of the foot on the edge of your piece. Set the zig zag so it starts at that edge and set the width as needed, using the Application screen mentioned earlier. If you get the Ditch Quilting Foot part #202087003 that could also work. There is an edge stitch foot (SE), part #202100003 in the optional accessory brochure. It may be available now.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Jim, Well then both Diane & the scribe are angels! Perhaps one of you
could hint to Janome about an edge-stitching foot in reverse of M?

--
Vicki Jo

Diane is the angel. I'm merely the scribe who writes the post!


Re: needle left position

vicki chrobak
 

Jim, Well then both Diane & the scribe are angels! Perhaps one of you could hint to Janome about an edge-stitching foot in reverse of M?

--
Vicki Jo

Diane is the angel. I'm merely the scribe who writes the post!


Re: needle left position

vicki chrobak
 

Thanks Maria. That works for the straight stitch but not zigzag. I played around with Jim's answer & it looks as if it will work except for the lack of a foot that won't hit the foamcore. Something like the M foot but in reverse.

--
Vicki Jo

Hello Again Vicki,



I was so curious, I had to go to my sewing room and turn my machine on. YES YOU CAN! :)

Look on the control panel. At the very top you will see 4 icons. The
very first one on the left, click on it. Then your choices are needle
position, stitch length& tension.



Hope this helps



Mar�a


Re: needle left position

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Diane is the angel. I'm merely the scribe who writes the post!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Guess I had a big duh moment Jim. I hadn't played much in that area so
didn't even think to look there. You are an angel.

--
Vicki Jo

o to the Applications screen (T-Shirt) then pick SEAMING -> KNIT
-> LIGHTWEIGHT and change the length to 0.5 (or to suit fabric) and
width up to 9. This will do the zig zag from the left.


Re: needle left position

vicki chrobak
 

Guess I had a big duh moment Jim. I hadn't played much in that area so didn't even think to look there. You are an angel.

--
Vicki Jo

o to the Applications screen (T-Shirt) then pick SEAMING -> KNIT
-> LIGHTWEIGHT and change the length to 0.5 (or to suit fabric) and
width up to 9. This will do the zig zag from the left.


Cracked it

Anne <csarina43@...>
 

After my struggles last week, the machine is now working perfectly my latest project is in Anne A's Album.

Its one of the few ESL doileys I have seen thats worked in one in the hoop. 80,000 + stitches took 3 hours to stitch out, I am so pleased with it. O worked it in 60 wt cotton.


Re: needle left position

Maria Boyle
 

Hello Again Vicki,

I was so curious, I had to go to my sewing room and turn my machine on. YES YOU CAN! :)
Look on the control panel. At the very top you will see 4 icons. The very first one on the left, click on it. Then your choices are needle position, stitch length & tension.


Hope this helps



María

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:10 PM, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@cox.net> wrote:

I was working on a project this morning which I needed to have my foot
to the right of the fabric & stitching to the far left--zigzag or satin
stitch. Basically, I am working on a clock with a foam core center. (
I had to work counter clockwise because of the clock's diameter). I had
about 3/8" to 1/2" fabric around the circumference that I wanted to
finish the edges on. But the foot's left toe along with the middle
zigzag needle position wouldn't let me work close enough to the foam
core ( because of its height). Right now I'm hand - stitching the edge.
Probably I've overlooked something obvious as to which stitch & foot to
use because I'm new to Janome. Guess I was spoiled by Viking with being
able to set needle positions. Any ideas?

--
Vicki Jo



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



Re: needle left position

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Go to the Applications screen (T-Shirt) then pick SEAMING -> KNIT -> LIGHTWEIGHT and change the length to 0.5 (or to suit fabric) and width up to 9. This will do the zig zag from the left.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I was working on a project this morning which I needed to have my foot
to the right of the fabric & stitching to the far left--zigzag or satin
stitch. Basically, I am working on a clock with a foam core center. (
I had to work counter clockwise because of the clock's diameter). I had
about 3/8" to 1/2" fabric around the circumference that I wanted to
finish the edges on. But the foot's left toe along with the middle
zigzag needle position wouldn't let me work close enough to the foam
core ( because of its height). Right now I'm hand - stitching the edge.
Probably I've overlooked something obvious as to which stitch & foot to
use because I'm new to Janome. Guess I was spoiled by Viking with being
able to set needle positions. Any ideas?

--
Vicki Jo


Re: needle left position

Maria Boyle
 

Hi Vicki

I googled and all I could find was that the Horizon 12000 has 91 needle positions. I got this machine in November, but haven't done any sewing on it yet, Just embroidery. I would think that there is a way to move the needle over. Good question.

I will look at my machine's manual when I get a chance, cause I am curious too. I can't imagine that it wouldn't have that option.



María

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:10 PM, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@cox.net> wrote:

I was working on a project this morning which I needed to have my foot
to the right of the fabric & stitching to the far left--zigzag or satin
stitch. Basically, I am working on a clock with a foam core center. (
I had to work counter clockwise because of the clock's diameter). I had
about 3/8" to 1/2" fabric around the circumference that I wanted to
finish the edges on. But the foot's left toe along with the middle
zigzag needle position wouldn't let me work close enough to the foam
core ( because of its height). Right now I'm hand - stitching the edge.
Probably I've overlooked something obvious as to which stitch & foot to
use because I'm new to Janome. Guess I was spoiled by Viking with being
able to set needle positions. Any ideas?

--
Vicki Jo



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



needle left position

vicki chrobak
 

I was working on a project this morning which I needed to have my foot to the right of the fabric & stitching to the far left--zigzag or satin stitch. Basically, I am working on a clock with a foam core center. ( I had to work counter clockwise because of the clock's diameter). I had about 3/8" to 1/2" fabric around the circumference that I wanted to finish the edges on. But the foot's left toe along with the middle zigzag needle position wouldn't let me work close enough to the foam core ( because of its height). Right now I'm hand - stitching the edge. Probably I've overlooked something obvious as to which stitch & foot to use because I'm new to Janome. Guess I was spoiled by Viking with being able to set needle positions. Any ideas?

--
Vicki Jo


Re: binder attachment

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Bev folding and pressing did the job for Diane. Reducing the width to 3 3/4" it compensates for the extra thickness. The thickness also suggests that the Narrow Dual Feed foot should be used. In her testing she used a fairly short piece, skipping the oversized paper clip guides and just guiding it by hand. That might be necessary for longer runs, or just skipping some of the guides, as the extra thickness might create a little drag going through them.

Thanks for regarding us a friends. Not too sure about the "old" part though!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Beverly Leischner <bmleisch@...> wrote:

Jim and others who responded to my query about double binding.

Thanks for the new information Jim. I remember reading on Janome
Canada's blog that Liz from Janome Canada had tried fusing two layers
of binding fabric together then applying it with the binder attachment
but I didn't like the idea as I thought it would be quite heavy and
stiff. Price and being able to use only one layer decided me against
buying the binder attachment but with Diane's discovery, I may have to
rethink that decision.

I'm enjoying this list very much and getting lots of good
information. It's where I go first for help or to see what others
have learned and so nice to see familiar signatures from other sewing
venues. You are like old friends.
Bev, Alberta, Canada


Re: Diane's discover of the week, maybe even the month

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

They won't need to redesign the Quilt Binder itself, because it already fits on the 12000. The only thing they "might" replace is the snap on foot, but we've already discovered that the Dual Feed feet included with the 12000 work better anyway. You cannot use decorative stitches with the foot Janome includes with the attachment, because it's only for straight stitch. You could use decorative stitches using the F foot included with the 12000, as has already been mentioned on this list. Good luck with decorative stitches on a mitered corner! That's a pretty serious challenge.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

Jim, The pdf doesn't list the 12000. Am I safe to buy this now rather than wait for one designed for the 12000? I would eventually like to use wide decorative stitches but maybe that's impractical due to needing to miter corners?
Joy


Re: binder attachment

Beverly Leischner
 

Jim and others who responded to my query about double binding.

Thanks for the new information Jim. I remember reading on Janome Canada's blog that Liz from Janome Canada had tried fusing two layers of binding fabric together then applying it with the binder attachment but I didn't like the idea as I thought it would be quite heavy and stiff. Price and being able to use only one layer decided me against buying the binder attachment but with Diane's discovery, I may have to rethink that decision.

I'm enjoying this list very much and getting lots of good information. It's where I go first for help or to see what others have learned and so nice to see familiar signatures from other sewing venues. You are like old friends.
Bev, Alberta, Canada


Re: Diane's discover of the week, maybe even the month

joylaytor
 

Jim, The pdf doesn't list the 12000. Am I safe to buy this now rather than wait for one designed for the 12000? I would eventually like to use wide decorative stitches but maybe that's impractical due to needing to miter corners?
Joy


Re: update

E
 

In the update zip file you downloaded to your computer, there are instructions as to how to actually do the update as a PDF file. Open this file, named MC12000UpdateTool-EN, and print out the instructions, then follow them to the letter.
The Update Mode is accessed thus -
"Press and hold the Lock Stitch button and the Needle Up/Down button on
your Memory Craft 12000 at the same time and turn the power switch ON".
Wording taken from the instruction file. Hope this helps.


update

judithrs <abbieshat@...>
 

Im trying to update my 12000. At the end it says to start the machine in update mode...what is that?
Thanks
Judy


Re: Diane's discover of the week, maybe even the month

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

Jim, Are you talking about the Quilt Binder Attachment?


Re: binder attachment

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

This morning Diane took a 3 3/4" strip of fabric, folded and pressed it, and ran it through the binder. It worked great. She did use the narrow Dual Feed foot because it was already on the machine, which may or may not have been a factor.

I've received several emails inquiring about what the binder attachment is that we've been talking about. See this page for pictures and details of the attachment:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/pdf/janomebulletin/jtm-1018.pdf

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Beverly Leischner <bmleisch@...> wrote:

Hi Jo,
I like to have a double layer of fabric on my quilt bindings and
understand that with the binder there is only one thickness where the
binding folds over from one side to the other.
Is this how you do your bindings or have you found a way to have a
double layer of fabric at the fold?
Do you think this edge will wear well on a quilt that is used a lot?
It wouldn't make much difference on a wall hanging but on table
runners, pot holders and quilts that edge might show wear with just
one layer.

Bev, Alberta, Canada


Re: Diane's discover of the week, maybe even the month

Jim Stutsman <jim@...>
 

No, we're talking about the very large and very expensive Quilt Binder attachment, part #846421007. This is what we're talking about:

It comes with a modified version of a straight stitch foot. Janome has told people you cannot use the Acufeed feet with it. However Diane has discovered that you can, on both the 12000 and the 7700, and it works much better that way. She also discovered this morning that you can do double binding with it, starting with a 3 ¾" strip folded and pressed.

Hope this helps,
Jim

On Jan 7, 2012, at 4:18 AM, Richard and Debra wrote:

 

Hi Jim, I don’t have the 12000 (yet), but was curious about what you and Diane discovered on the 7700.  When you say “quilting attachment”, are you talking about the guide that we attach to the accufeed foot for quilting straight lines, or are you talking about something else, and I’ve missed the whole boat!!  LOL
 
Deb (KY)