loopy stitches & horizon link

songnbird

two problems
1. I have been doing some applique quilt blocks in embroidery mode and the first line of stitches - the ones that hold down the applique fabric before trimming - are really loose on the bottom. Is there some tension adjustment that sould be done for just that stitching? The rest of the embroidery stitches are just fine.
2. ever since I updated Horizon Link, I'm having trouble transfering designs to my machine - I get a message that says "Resume the last pattern or cancel pattern resuming and start data transfer". What the heck is going on? As usual Help is not being very helpful!
thanks for any info on correcting these problems,
Linda near Buffalo, NY