Re: Left needle position with convertible free motion foot

sue@...

another question.  what is the advantage in using the QB-S.  I have just purchased the QB-H, but wonder if I should return it and get the 9mm size instead

Hoping not to be returned, Jim replies:
Unless you are going to be using a zig zag stitch wider than 7mm, you can keep the QB-H foot. The main difference between QB-H and QB-S is the width of the opening in the plastic toes. For free motion stitching, the opening in the closed toe may not allow stitching in either left needle or center needle position. You can still use the straight stitch plate, just make sure the stitch you choose allows the needle to be centered in the hole of the foot.