From: juliadlf.ny
To: janome12000
Sent: Mon, May 5, 2014 12:27 am
Subject: [janome12000] MC12000 - Question Embroidery feature

I just joined this group as I'm contemplating purchasing a 12000.  One feature I was wondering if this model has is the ability to move the needle in the embroidery mode. I saw this on the Brother machines and wondered if the MC12000 has that feature. I tried to find videos showing how the embroidery features work much not having luck. Any help?
Thanks
Julia
NY

Without changing position, Jim says:
Embroidery on Janome machines is done with the needle in the left position. This provides maximum support of the fabric when the standard needle plate is installed. What would be the advantage of moving the needle for embroidery?