Changing needle plate and bobbin case.

Pinguin

Has anyone noticed yet that in the manual they first tell you to change the needle plate and then to change the bobbin case (referring to the previous text for removing the needle plate)
Wouldn't it make more sense to combine these two: remove the standard needle plate, change the bobbin case, put in the single hole plate.

Gerda

Op 26-12-11 20:52, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

Considering that this is the first combination sewing/embroidery machine that Janome has sold with a single hole plate, I don't think changing it is critical. Like you, we've done embroidery using the standard plate (and standard bobbin case) and it's been fine. It's nice to have the option of a single hole plate, especially when piecing quilts that have points on the ends of the pieces, but I don't think it's critical for embroidery.