Re: Binder Attachment

Patricia Ward

I use both methods depending on what the quilt or wall quilt is used for.  For a baby quilt or quilt that will be used, I sew it onto the back and then turn it to the front and stitch it down.. and again it depends on the quilt and the use for choosing the stitch and the type of thread.  I sometimes like to use the Superior MonoPoly for stitching it down on the front.
If it is to be on display and not used, then I usually will stitch it to the front, turn and hand stitch it in the back.

You soon will learn what application works best for you in whatever you are doing.

Pat in MD

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM, <shejmartin1@...> wrote:

Do you sew the binding on the back by hand?  Or do you machine stitch the binding to the back and then pull it to the front and machine stitch it on?  Just curious, because the hand stitching is what I'm trying to avoid.