Organization with color changes

Lou Ann

I'm looking for all your expert advice on how to get organized. Specifically, when you are embroidering a design with a lot of colors and even more color changes, how do you keep track! I recently finished a design that had 17 colors and 25 color changes and the only way I could figure out how to keep my thread in the right sequence was to write the color change numbers (as in color 11 = color 20) on a piece of scotch tape and stick it temporarily on the end of the spool. I usually line up my spools in the order they will stitch out but with so many colors and reusing the same colors more than once, it got confusing. I thought at the time that there must be a better way! Any suggestions?