Re: What soft ware do you need?

Tina Jensen <jensen.rt@...>

So if we buy designs from embroidery library should we get them in hus format and convert them to jef ourselves, if so what program does the. Est job of converting to jef, I have embird and digitizer mb. Thanks,Tina

On 20/12/2011, at 4:16 AM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

You MAY be able to use Embird, but maybe not. With the 11000 the Embird author mistakenly believed that JEF+ was required for all designs. This is wrong - JEF+ is only used internally in the 12000, and all external designs should be created as JEF. That would not have been a big problem, but his interpretation of JEF+ was not quite right, and sometimes Embird-created JEF+ designs cause problems.

The 12000 also uses JEF, as well as a new JPX format. Before Embird can create these designs they must reverse-engineer the formats to see what is new. This can take a while, and sometimes there are parts of the design file that you just have to guess at. That can lead to unexpected problems if your guess was wrong.

The good news is the the Horizon Link software included with the 12000 will open JEF+ designs and adjust the hoop to fit them, so anything that has worked in the 11000 should also work in the 12000. Eventually Embird will be updated to include the JPX format, but you will likely need to purchase an upgrade from them for that.

Regarding EmbLibrary designs, I have already taken some of their larger designs in HUS format and adapted them to the 12000 without problems. However EmbLibrary uses 3rd party software to convert their designs to JEF format, and there have been instances in the past where this software has created "islands" of incredibly dense stitching in the middle of a design. I've also seen a set of clock designs where the design was set for a 5 x 7 hoop, but actually required the SQ hoop on the 11000. I fixed a number of these for our customers.