Re: Left over bobbin thread

Maria Boyle

Thanks Jim,

I am doing embroidery. Haven't used the sewing yet. But I did discover, that if you x out the message that bobbin thread may not be sufficient, the machine will continue to embroider. I sat there watching and it sewed for another 8 minutes before I got the message again. This time I took the bobbin out, didn't want to push my luck. Could this have been one of the update improvements? Cause before the update, it wouldn't let me continue, no matter what I did.

Unfortunately my dealer is 4 1/2 hours from where I live.

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 18, 2011, at 2:03 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@onlinesewing.com> wrote:

We have found that a value of 1 leaves about a yard of thread on the bobbin. If yours is more than that you can have your dealer recalibrate the setting. It's a simple adjustment. Note too that when the low bobbin message appears if you don't touch the screen, but just start sewing again, you can continue almost to the last shred of thread.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Maria Boyle <maruka1@...> wrote:

Hello Jim,

I find that the machine leaves way too much thread on the bobbin, when it tells me insufficient bobbin thread to finish. I went to settings and have bobbin thread down to 1. Wish there was a way to over ride this. I can't find any answers in the book. Hope you can help me.

María

Sent from my iPad