Re: Accu Feed

thedoghouse50 <thedoghouse50@...>

Actually Pfaff have the original dual feed system on their machines the IDT system which is brilliant, also Bernina have a built in dual feed on the 830 which will operate with all stitches.

Julie

--- In janome12000@..., "Donna Morton" <demorton@...> wrote:

Janome hasn’t limited our options at all. Instead they have added a feature the other machines do not have and that is the differential feed. Differential feed is usually only found on a serger.

You do not need to turn on the differential feed if you want to use decorative stitches on a quilt. The accufeed feet work just like a walking foot when you do not turn on the differential feed option so you are not limited to the stitches you use the foot with.

Turn on the differential feed for creating a lettuce edge hem or when sewing on knits and you are limited to just the straight stitches.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:36 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Accu Feed

So why do you think that Janome have limited our options for using this foot? I haven't come across that before with the other makes of machine I've had - I've been able to use the walking foot with all the embroidery designs and utility stitches on both my Brother and my Bernina.
Vicki

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.