Re: HELP with machine update, please

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

It sounds like you have unzipped the download to the flash drive. It needs to be on your computer, where you double click it to install on the flash drive. See this page for detailed instructions:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/soft/update/mc12kv101/how_to_unpack_zip.pdf

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

I need help with the update for the machine.

I have downloaded it, unpacked it and it is on a USB flashdrive.

I have the instructions; I am depressing the lock stitch and the needle up
down button at the time I am turning on the machine. I keep them
depressed... the machine screen will flash some white and then that goes
away and the screen is black. It never does turn blue nor does the menu
come up for installing the update.

Now what do I do?

Thanks--
Pat