Re: surprise!

Pinguin

I think Janome hurts the dealer by their policy. And I also find it rather arrogant. I would almost suggest to not show any interest until March next year. But that would hurt the dealer more than Janome.

--- In janome12000@..., <jim@...> wrote:

With every new model Janome has released there have always been one or more dealers that have shown it early. RN's dealer was one of those who broke it early - not her fault, as she had no way of knowing that it was supposed to be hidden. Personally I think it's ridiculous to hide the machine until October. A machine with a $12,000 price tag is not something you buy in an afternoon like a Starbucks coffee. Most people are going to want to try it, think about it, look at the budget, etc. As a former dealer, while I did honor Janome's request to embargo new models, I would rather have shown them so that when I finally did get machines I would have some customers ready to take one home on day 1. Janome has videos on their website showing features of the new machine, so it's hardly a secret.