Re: Mono Poly thread from Superior

Cheryl Paul

Pat,  I think that I wound the bobbin on my 12000 or 7700 and used the foot feed so the speed would have varied some, but I know that I wouldn't have gone full speed as I know this thread can stretch as it is poly.  I didn't know that you could buy monopoly in pre-wounds but if they come from Superior, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.  The pre-wound I'm using on my HoopSisters embroidered blocks is from Teradon Embroideries an I purchased a box (144 bobbins of white) from Terri and Don Hansen at the Indian Embroidery Conference several years ago.  I love them as they hold so much more thread than what I can wind on them myself, and they are so much less expensive than Janome's pre-wounds.   I suggest you try them with a practices block and see how you like them first.  Is your machine perscnity and troublesome?  Mine has caused me no real grief with the exception on one bobbin case spinning out and my embroidery unit, which I've talked about in a previous post.  The trouble was just bothersome at the time of the trouble.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--- In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

Thank you, Cheryl.  When you wound your own bobbin did you do it very slowly as Jim suggested?   I was hoping maybe to use the prewounds from Superior so I could eliminate that risk of winding the stuff.   Maybe I will give them a try with the yellow dot bobbin case.
I appreciate your sharing your experiences.

Pat

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM, <capaul@...> wrote:

Pat,

I have used Superior monofilament thread and had no problem with it.  I did wind my own bobbin with it though.  I have also used pre-wounds of embroidery thread that were not Janome and with my "yellow dot" bobbin case I've had no issues - they were the Class 15 bobbins and they are a bit thinner than the ones I buy with no thread on them, but they don't rattle and sew just the same as the others as they are the correct size for the Janome machine.  I've used about 25 so far on my HoopSisters Feathered Star as I'm not doing the backing on this quilt so don't change the bobbin to colours as they tell me to and I've not had a single incident with them.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--- In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I have a question about using the class 15 ( A style) prewound bobbins -- prewound with the Mono Poly thread from Superior.

With prewounds I have never used anything but the prewound Janome bobbins and I am reluctant to try another prewound brand as I am afraid they will be just a tad less thick and maybe bounce around in the bobbin case.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Also is this a good monofilament thread to use in the top for some quilting?   I have never used monofilament and know that not all are created equally... This one is supposed to be a good one.

Any advice or answers will be much appreciated.

Pat