Bobbins (was info plz)

joylaytor

Vikki,
I believe it was Singer that had or has a machine that let you install a spool of thread near the bobbin and when the bobbin got low it would stop and fill it up for you. You still had the bobbin, though. I don't know what happened to that idea.
Joy

--- In janome12000@..., "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@...> wrote:
Bobbins have given everyone problems since the day they were invented
-bobbin cases always needed adjusting. If one can a "flow thru" path on the
top thread, why can't a machine be designed to handle a "flow thru concept"
on the lower thread? Of course that would be like attaching a power cord to
a treadle machine! What a concept! Sorry, just grumpy tonite!