Re: How Much Top Thread Should Show on Underside of Embroidery?

m1955seamstress

Jim,
So does this mean 1/3 of top thread on either side of design with 1/3 of bobbin thread showing in the center on the back side of design? If so, my embroidery now that my dealer adjusted the tensions is great!

Thanks,
Marla

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2011 8:40 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: How Much Top Thread Should Show on Underside of Embroidery?

A simple "rule of thumb" is 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 of top - bobbin - top thread. If you are not using Janome bobbin thread you should use the yellow dot case and you should get the 'thirds' result.

--- In janome12000@..., "m1955seamstress" wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I should already know the answer to this question, but I was having trouble with the tension on my 12000. I just got it back and think it is ok now. However, I was told by another 12000 owner that she never has any top thread showing on the underside of her embroidery.
>
> I was told by my dealer and also a lady who works for him on two separate occasions that there will be some of the top thread pulled to the underside.
>
> The top side looks good and no bobbin thread showing.
>
> If anyone can post pictures of what is normal, I'd appreciate it. I looked back at some of my embroidery I did with my 11000 and it too showed some top thread pulled to the underside. Perhaps I was doing something wrong even with my 11000, but looks good on the top side on those too!
>
> Thanks for any advice you can supply!
>
> Marla
>

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.