Re: Popping sound

malehto

Played around a bit with my machine last evening trying to figure out what was causing that popping sound. Took off the extension table. Used the SQ23 hoop without any fabric or stabilizer. Magnets and no magnets. Walked thru a design known to cause the popping sound. It still pops. And even when it repositions the embroidery arm with no hoop attached it pops. So, as our beloved Jim suggested, I think it's time to haul the beastie back to the dealer.

Blessings everyone and thanks for all your suggestions.

Mary in Savannah, TX

Good catch Carl - I like your answer better than mine!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Carl Fuller <cfuller3@> wrote:

Check the adjustment on the height of your "extension table". Usually
one of the "magnetic holders is catching on the edge somewhere... I'd
suspect the outer edge on the left. anyway, give the legs on the end a
couple of half turns and see if that doesn't eliminate your popping.
I'm thinking the popping is the plastic from the magnetic holder hitting
the edge of the machine or extension table.
--
"The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and
assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall." Cicero