Re: Popping sound

Virginia

Depending what hoop you are using perhaps the magnets on the side are hitting your extension table.  Be sure your bottom hoop is flat on the bottom or it could be a part of your stabilizer hitting the machine.  I have had all of the above and it is just checking all the little things out.

Do not panic.

Virginia

In a message dated 8/15/2013 11:15:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jim@... writes:

Assuming that the sound is coming from the embroidery unit, I would guess there is some debris caught in the belt that moves the hoop horizontally. There are teeth on this belt, and a wad of lint could cause the belt to jump when that lint hits the drive gear. The best course would be to have them take the cover off the embroidery unit and check the belt for debris. At the same time the could make sure that it moves smoothly.