Re: Embroidering

maggie cooper

I use a silicon lubricant spray SL50, and apply a thin spritz of it to the back of my stabiliser. It prevents gummed up needles or threads, helps the thread and needle to exit the stabiliser more smoothly and is far less expensive to use than the silicon impregnated stabilisers a well known range of stabilisers offers to the home embroiderer. It's extremely effective.
Maggie Cooper.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Sandy <scs500k@...> wrote:

This may be a "no-no" by some peoples' standard, but I use a trace of vaseline rubbed on my needle as I had this issue with Floriani's Wet N Gone. Sandy in Dallas