Re: Writing stitch files to USB, machine doesn't see them

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Are you using Horizon Link to put the designs on the USB stick? It knows where they need to go for the machine to see them. If you are using Windows Explorer, then the designs must go in a folder and that folder must itself be in the EMB folder. If you don't follow this rule, the machine will not see the designs.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hello,
I spend already a few hours trying to use an USB stick so I can use it
to put stitches on my machine.

I formatted it (the slow way) I use a small stick and the files are on
the stick but the machine doesn't see them

I have updated Horizon Link to 1.10 (after I noticed my version was
different from the instruction DVD).

Sending directly to the machine works fine, but using the USB stick
would be much more convenient.

Thanks for any help,
Gerda