From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On
Behalf Of Jim_Stutsman
Sent: October-20-11 1:59 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Basting Stitch...

You probably need to calibrate the hoop. I just checked ours and noticed
that it was about 4mm northwest of center. To calibrate it, put on a hoop (I
used SQ14) with the plastic template in it. Then touch SET, go to the
Embroidery (icon with machine & hoop) section and turn to page 4 of 6. Touch
the Hoop Calibration button. Then use the arrow keys to move the hoop so
that the needle passes through the hole in the template. Use the hand wheel
to test, then turn the needle back up to move the hoop. When you get it
centered, touch OK. This setting will be remembered. If you ever have to
have the embroidery unit serviced, you'll need to do this calibration again
when you get it back. This seems like something that should have been done
in the factory, but they have been in a rush to get the machines out.

For those of you with machines, it would probably be prudent to test the
hoop calibration. If you use the template to hoop your fabric (which is all
you have - no Clothsetter), and the calibration is off, then your designs
won't sew where you want them to.