Re: Update using Mac

Estelle Torpy

Hi,

I have a Mac and I updated my Janome by downloading the update file, unzipping it and opening the folder. I then loaded the files onto a usb jump drive which I then plugged into the Janome 12000. It read the files and updated the machine.

I have since bought Parallels and Windows 7 to install on my Mac to run Horizon link.

Happy stitching,
Estelle

On Jun 1, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

Mac is not compatible with our Janome software so you can not do it with a Mac, go to your dealer and have him do the update for you.

In a message dated 6/1/2013 9:23:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, no_reply@... writes:

I just bought the Horizon 12000! So Excited! I do not have a windows computer but an older Mac. Can I still do the update from the Janome Global site, downloading to a Mac and moving over via a USB? Do I need to wait until I get a windows sometime down the road? Thank you and love this site. So helpful!