May need a new machine, comments

JoanV

Have followed the comparison of Janome 11000 and 12000 with great interest. My previous machine was the 11000 and my only slight criticism of the 12000 is the size that makes taking it to a class impossible at my age: and the hoop sizing.

It is a joy to have large hoops when you need them, but to stitch out a small piece of 'homework' or test a design, they gobble up a large amount of stabilizer. Such a pity that Janome did not include a 5 x 5 hoop or something similar. Stitching a smaller design in a large hoop also causes more chance of inaccuracies in the embroidery.

The 12000 is perfect for ordinary sewing and obviously the result of Janome's wonderful development but I have come to the conclusion that the hoops and embroidery system were principally designed with quilts in mind. For ordinary sewing, if you press the T-shirt icon to tell the machine what kind of sewing you require the result is wonderful, no puckering on fine fabrics etc, perfect tension for topstitching and so on. Jim and Diane's DVD will enable you to make the most of this.

I wonder if anyone else agrees and have any tips on requesting Janome make a small hoop for the 12000?

Best wishes, Joan in UK