Home position for embroidery arm?

kwtoquilt

I have compared notes with a friend who also owns a 12,000 but I wondered if anyone else had this issue.

If I cannot complete an embroidery design I turn off the machine with the embroidery arm located where the design has stopped. When I ask the machine to resume the design it treats this position as the home position and then resumes the embroidery further down the arm. If I stop the design and return the hoop to home position using the controls then re-starts the design from where it should do so.

My question is. Do you have to 'park' the hoop when you switch it off mid embroidery? Or when the machine is switched back on, should the embroidery arm re-centre itself by returning to the home position and then back to the position it should be when you switched off the machine?

Hope this makes sense!