From: Jim_Stutsman
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2011 10:24 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Tension problems for Ordinary Sewing

It sounds like the tension is not operating correctly. There might be something stuck in there, like a small piece of styrofoam packing. Turn it off and raise the presser foot as high as it will go. Fold a strip of fabric and put the folded edge into the tension slot. Work it back and forth like dental floss. This will usually knock loose anything that's in there. Then turn the machine back on. Put some thread in the slot, lower the foot, and pull on the thread. You should feel resistance. If you don't then there is definitely a problem with the tension, and your dealer should be able to fix it.