Bridge stitches

Pinguin

As I wanted to program a serpentine stitch and didn't know how, I started with the directions Diane gave on their website for the Janome 7700, see:
http://onlinesewing.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/poth2.pdf

I used bridge stitch no. 5 and I added some stitches to make it a 9 mm stitch.

It took me some time figuring out how to program this stitch combination in my Janome 12000 and I wonder why the manual doesn't give a step for step instruction.
The directions Diane gave were much clearer, even if they were for another machine.

But now I wonder what the difference is between all the bridge stitches. I can't find much info in the manual.
Actually, sometimes I wish there was Stitch-book app, like the footbook. Would that be possible (in the future, sometime, no pressure)

Thanks,
Gerda