Re: New owner janome 12000

Patricia Ward

Well, personally, I am hoping for an upgrade to the 12000 for that I will purchase; I have already set money aside hoping for it.  But as a retiree in this tough economy, I can't begin to justify more thousands for another new TOL machine.  And I am not going to fret about it because the 12000 is wonderful so if they don't offer and upgrade, that's life and I am thankful I have this machine.  It never ceases to amaze me in what I can get it to do.   The only way I would buy a new TOL is if it also scrubs floors!  LOL

I hear so many people commenting about the price of machines now reaching the sky in prices.  And then they will ask,  How much farther can they go with prices and expect people to purchase them?   My answer is usually.. well how can BMW, Acura, Mercedes do that and keep selling luxury cars?

My guess is that it is all individual and we just wait and see.

Pat

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM, janetpiekarski <jsm1144@...> wrote:
Jim is correct, of course, about the dealers being kept in the dark.  They announced to the dealers in an oblique way when they put out the registration for the upcoming Institute in August.  THAT was the first any dealer heard that there was a "new TOL coming"  I think your dealer was just trying to make a sale in these tough times.  A small profit is better than no profit.  I think now that the word is out dealers won't even push the 12000.  I agree totally with the statement about car models.  We never get upset about those, why machines?  Do we have to have EVERYTHING NEW?! (well, I say yes, but that's just me)  AS time goes by, the 12000 will look better and better.

--- In janome12000@..., "mel2sew" wrote:

> When I purchased my 12000 in February at a deep discount, I asked the dealer if he was discounting it so much because Janome was planning to release a new model, and he flat out said no.  Of course, I pretty much knew that he was either misleading me or was in the dark (not likely) but I got my machine at half off with the software and this machine has many more capabilities that I think I might ever be able to master, so I am happy with my purchase even if I am having to reconfigure the top of my sewing cabinet from using my 6600P.  It is a small inconvenience to deal with considering the awesome machine I have now.
>

> Mel
>
> --- In janome12000@..., "dspringer_1972@" wrote:
> >
> > I am very disappointed that my dealer did not advise me of the suspected new machine coming out.  I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago.  I am very upset as I went from a Viking Designer 1 to the 12000,.  The only reason I did it was because of the USB issue but I paid close to the same amount of money and did not receive software.  Big bummer.
> >

> > Sent from Windows Mail

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: