Re: Stitch Limit on the 12000

Patricia Ward

Hi Cheryl, I guess everything to this point is really speculation for I think that Janome has a record of keeping their cards very tight to their chest, so to speak.  You are correct about the upgrades to the other machines and I really look for this to happen again.  It is quite possible that this is a patented answer and that even these people don't even know what is in the works.

I think it is possible to do this in an upgrade for if you remember the RE hoop came out and the thread cutter was put into the upgrade for the 11000 but of course it had to be done by the dealer.

Don't get discouraged by what you hear in an answer for I have great hopes that nice things will come out in August in the form of an upgrade.  I too love this machine and am not even interested in a new TOL... but in my opinion that new TOL might be a newer version of this one and we will have the option to purchase the upgrade.  They will also probably change some little cosmetic detail.. like a red or blue faceplate instead of our dignified black? LOL

Pat

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Cheryl <capaul@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Is it true that the stitch limit is a hardware issue on our 12000.  I asked Janome America via the Janome Forum about this and this is the reply I got:
________________________
"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Horizon Memory Craft 12000.  Although Janome always offers updates and upgrades whenever possible, in this case, the stitch limit is defined in the hardware of the machine and is not something that can be updated.
As we continue to add new technology to our products, the capabilities of newer models will exceed their predecessors. While we understand that this fact may be frustrating, we also hope that it is an acceptable consequence of Janome's commitment to innovation."
_________________________

I find this surprising as the 10000 did have an update that doubled the stitch count at the time the 10001 was brought on line.  I can understand that they may not be able to tell us what's next or the element of surprise would be gone and folks might just wait for the newer machine.  I will be very disappointed in Janome if what they replied to me becomes the next upgrade to our wonderful machines.  I really like this machine and the quality of the sewing.  It is the best machine I've owned since my Pfaff 1222, which doesn't have needle up/down and some other features that the modern machines have AND it does not embroider (except if I could free motion that well).

Janome also said that at this time there were no upgrade/updates for other hoops than what we already have.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: